“great getaway”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
port orchard
“great getaway”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Excellent location. Steps to Bellevue square and several kid friendly restaurants. Lunch at CPK, dinner at Cheesecake Factory no problem. Large pool, fairly complete gym and LA fitness is a block away. Free self-parking, expensive valet. Good service over-all, really nice, clean room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
We're so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with your family, and that you found some of the kid friendly restaurants here in the neighborhood. Next time you come, try out the fresh, warm skillet cornbread at Z Tejas, one of my daughter's favorites! Thank you for the nice review, and we hope to welcome you back soon...

Be well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Laval, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed 3 nights while attending a Microsoft conference. The hotel is upscale and definitely business oriented, I didn't see any families around. I had a room on the 15th floor facing the Hyatt. The room was perfectly clean, and the bed was very comfortable too. High speed internet (1.5mbps - 2mbps) is available for 12$ per day and allowed me to download a few movies I could watch later on the flight out. They allow 3 devices per wifi connection. I didn't try the restaurant as I decided to get pizza from California Pizza which is right next to the hotel and is pretty good. You can opt out of the room service which is nice too, they give you a 5$ voucher back per night.

One negative point would be the price it cost me 800$ for 3 nights. There are a lot of taxes in this city including a 12$ per day "tourism" tax! I guess WA doesn't like tourists.

Overall I'd go again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during the Microsoft conference last month, and found the surroundings comfortable, clean and quiet. We appreciated your comments about our high speed internet, as we are always trying to improve our connectivity with current business demands for multiple devices. Also, our $5.00 voucher per night to opt out of full cleaning services for those who stay more than one night has been improving our sustainability efforts, and we're happy to see it was of value to you.

While we are not able to affect the current taxes in the state and city, we can assure you, we at The Westin Bellevue do appreciate tourism and particularly appreciate our Canadian visitors from the North! We'll look forward to your return.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here after surgery recently. The hotel is beautiful & rooms were clean. The bed was exactly what you expect from the westin...it was heavenly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for the perfect 5, we appreciated hearing from you. We were pleased to have been your local hotel of choice while you were recovering from your surgery, and hope the Heavenly Bed helped to contribute to your well being and a soothing recovery!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The beds in this hotel were so comfy that I could hardly wake up. I usually take an hour to get to sleep and wake up at least twice. I love the beds. the Hotel is gorgeous and directly across the street from my favourite restaurant Ze Tejas which is located in the Best Mall ever - Bellevue Square. We were even given a late checkout of 3 pm. Awesome staff too!!!!! Wi Fi is pricey which is all I can complain about.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the inspiring review! We're so pleased you truly enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and all of the amenities provided, the attentiveness of our staff, as well as our fabulous location right in the center of The Bellevue Collection...couldn't agree more with your love of Z Tejas, best cornbread ever!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Be well.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Our favorite holiday tradition is to spend the night at the Westin Bellevue and watch the annual holiday show that performs nightly. This was our second year and we plan to continue the tradition every year. Each night at 7pm the streets in front of the hotel turn into a music wonderland. Toy Soldiers and holiday characters dance down the street to lively music. They dance and take photos with you and it is so fun. My girls absolutley love it. The hotel is amazing and the staff are incredible. The pool is by far one of the best hotel pools I have been to with gorgeous lounge chairs and amazing views. The service is impeccable and the rooms are gorgeous! Every time we stay it is a wonderful experience and all year long my girls ask when are we going back to the Westin!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the fabulous review of our hotel, and all of your kind words relative to our staff and service, we appreciated hearing them. And thank you for the detail you've shared for other travelers about Snowflake Lane, our annual celebration here in The Bellevue Collection. We are so pleased to be a part of your family's memorable experiences, and hope your daughters continue to ask about coming back to The Westin Bellevue, we'll be here to greet them!

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall, the hotel is excellent. Location, facilities and hotel design are great.

Last stay, however, I associate with customer service which does not wish to go its last mile. I reserved a stay for 2 weeks, but decided to check-out for two days on the first weekend for ski resort, but then to come back for rest of my stay. However, the hotel staff was not able to accomodate my request and provide reservation with same rate I booked initially. I have platinum membership with SPG/Starwood, and to be honest it's the first hotel in my long travel history when a hotel refuse such simple request. So, I decided to check out earlier and when came back stayed with Hyatt Regent Bellevue. The Westin missed another 9 nights I could stay with them, and my strong loyalty deteriorated.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We were sorry to hear of your disappointment relative to the guestroom rate situation during your stay with us back in January. We're pleased you enjoyed the location, facility and overall design, but it sounds like we could have been more accommodating of your needs over that time period, our apologies. When we have extended stay guests, the rates usually reflect the long length of stay, so if the stay pattern is altered, the rate is often adjusted accordingly. However, given your Platinum status, we should have been able to work closer with you toward a satisfactory resolution.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to be able to win back your loyalty in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me personally should I be able to assist the next time your schedule brings you back to our area.

Cynthia Breen
Director of Sales & Marketing
425-638-1010 or cindi.breen@westin.com
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 21, 2012

With a large suite, we enjoyed a comfortable bed and an outstandingly clean facility. The staff were super nice, the pool was large and well supplied, and the fitness center was as nice as I have ever seen outside of a gym.

Being in the middle of a shopping center meant no troubles getting around on foot to eat and shop. We attended a conference there, and I had a nice time.

• Stayed January 2012
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments relative to your recent stay with us, we appreciate your comments about our staff and service, and the great review! We're so pleased you enjoyed our recently renovated workout facility as well as the pool, as they are important amenities for our customers on their path to well being...we're inspired you noticed!

Cynthia Breen