“Had potential...”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I stayed here on a day when the Seattle area was experiencing a heat wave. All of the locals without A/C were staying in hotels. So the hotel was packed. Think this was rare for them to be so full. The hot tub is outside, which was kind of nice, as it cooled down in the mornings. It came with a free breakfast but the food was out within an hour. I might try this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thegoaliegirl
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Traveler,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

I really liked this property, confirming several of the positive reviews. I had a nice studio room, which afforded more space, especially with a desk to do work. I didn't take advantage of the kitchenette, but that could be handy in longer stays. Continental breakfast is fine with a good selection of cereals, oatmeal, items to toast, fruit, cheese, yogurt. The cookies in the evening are also a nice touch. Everything worked well, although the HD TVs are displaying a normal (non HD) picture stretched to be wide.

You really have to pay close attention to get there the first time, so follow the directions/map carefully, but once you get the hang of it, it's convenient to I-90 and Redmond. Service from the hotel staff was consistently good. Fitness center is somewhat limited and there is no swimming pool (and the hot tub was being repaired during my stay).

An excellent choice in the Bellevue area that's a good value.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CAFamilyRvwr

Dear Family / Traveler,

Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed here as part of our relocation from the east coast to Seattle. My first stay here was through hotwire, in a studio room on the second floor and I was pleasantly surprised. It was not the fanciest hotel (I'd been spoiled by the newer Residence Inn), but the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the kitchens adequate, and the lobby very pleasantly decorated and laid out. The morning complimentary breakfast was pleasant, as was the free all-day coffee and evening cookies. And the parking is free! I did have an issue with the a/c unit and it took a couple of calls to the front desk to get someone up to fix it, but the problem was solved within the hour. Also when I stayed, there was some construction going on next door and I was informed that there would be no electricity in the morning. Not fun to hear (and wish the front desk clerk was a little more sympathetic about it), but I made sure to leave my room early in the morning and everything was fine when i got back that afternoon.

I returned a few weeks later after an 8-day drive across the country, now with the husband, cats and luggage in tow, to stay at while we looked for an apartment. At first I was did not consider the Larkspur an option because of the expense (no more hotwire discount) but after weighing all options, it was the best choice location, price, and cleanliness-wise, as well as considering the pet allowance and complimentary parking, in-room wireless access, breakfast, laundry facilities, and kitchen. This time I upgraded to a one-bedroom suite which was ample room for us all, and found the place to be cleaner and better than I remember. Also discovered that the laundry facilities are free! Happy times.

Criticisms are few - rooms could be a little more decorated - some areas are just empty and sparse; and directions to the hotel are a little confusing, but once you find it, it gets easier to navigate. Also there is no nearby public transportation, so a car is a must to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

Reviewed August 9, 2009

i got a great deal at orbitz and this is central location for my activities. it is located by 1-90 freeway so if you open your window, you can hear the traffic but otherwise it is relatively quiet. It is a little hard to find, just have to watch out for confusing roads. Parking is free but space is limited, and there is a sheltered garage plus outside parking. Breakfast is continental with bread, muffins, yogurt, bagel, coffee, bottled juice, fruits, cereal and instant oatmeal. The breakfast area seating is very limited so i brought it up to my room to eat.

My room comes with kitchen (fridge, microwave, stove, coffee maker, utensils) but the kitchen/bathroom cabinets are outdated and room smelled really "greasy". Had to open the windows to air out the room but it still smelled of grease. Nice big flat screen tv. Did not get a refill on complimentary shampoo/conditioner. Had a complimentary welcome basket of popcorn, tea, 2 pieces of chocolates.

hotel is just 2 exits away from downtown bellevue and about 25-30 mins to snoqualmie falls, to SEATAC airport and to downtown seattle (depending on traffic).

if not for the greasy smell, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Dear II213,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the delay in responding, I have taken your comments and rating personally and will address each concern. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

This was our second stay at the Larkspur Bellevue over the past 2 years - I think its actually improved. It is a good value with many wonderful amenities, a quiet setting and with easy access to Seattle and surrounds. The rooms are comfy with super features and the bathrooms bright and practical. These folks, design and amenity wise get it more right than wrong. However I would strongly suggest that the management improve the attention their morning staff give to the complimentary healthy start breakfast - on both visits (June 07 & July 09) my experience has been the same - not enough proactive attention is given to this otherwise terrific offering and there is frequent outages of fresh coffee, eggs, plates, napkins, pastries etc.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

DearGuest
Having recently taken on the management role of this location, I have recently been provided the ability to respond to guest comments. I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking the time to fill out our questionnaire for the Larkspur Landing in Bellevue, Washington. Your comments and rating have been passed on to all of our associates. I apologize for the delay in the response and want you to know that I will respond. Despite the age of your submittal, I have taken all of your concerns personally and have addressed each with my management team and staff. Should you return to this location I hope you will see the improvements in service and appearance. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement. It allows our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve!
Nigel Williams, General Manager, Larkspur Landing #214, 15808 SE 37th Street, Bellevue, Wa 98006

Reviewed March 7, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights while in Bellevue for the first time on personal business. I recieved this hotel on an 89.00 bid on a 2.5 star hotel on priceline. It is the first time I had ever used priceline and was a little nervous since I unfamiliar with the Larkspur chain of hotels. Although it was not as plush as I had envisioned from the web site photos, it was certainly worth the 2.5 star rating. Though off the beaten path, my GPS easily located it. A grocery store is minutes away. The kitchen in the room was convienent. The continental breakfast was good. The small gym was adequate. As long as you have a car and GPS, the location shouldn't be a deterrent.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed January 24, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in a studio suite. Received a very good deal through Travelocity. I really appreciated the quiet location away from the freeway. Most hotels are so noisy. This was a wonderful exception. The side of the building we were on had a window overlooking the woods which was very nice. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable with a cozy down comforter.
The breakfast was fine. Loved the complimentary newspapers! USA Today, NY Times plus the Seattle paper. A great choice but I would recommend booking on the internet for a much better rate than the hotel may give you.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SpokaneJani