“Good Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had an extended business trip for 15 nights @bellevue area. pleasant experience at hotel... really nice freshly made choc chip cookies@lobby !

no choice of firm pillows within room; and i did not ask for a firm one with lobby.. maybe i should have.

rooms are spacious and kept clean.

would recommend for a stay in bellevue area.

Room Tip: east facing rooms allow sun in the morning ! when that minor miracle happens@Seattle
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 4BusinessTraveller
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear 4businessmanager,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally.. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My family and I were living in this hotel for two months, the contractors were repairing our home. I would like to recommend this hotel for family, it feels a special peace there, is very clean and comfortable, the General Manager is a great human being and his work at this hotel is perfect. The ladies that work as housekeeper, all of them are amazing, nice and hard workers. My special thanks to Nigel Williams (The Big Boss), Long, Rachel, Mikael, Joe, Cinthia and Mario (people from front desk), sorry..if I forget someone. Again, thank you.
Vic

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Vic,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide feedback. What a a wonderful review and such a good moral booster for the the staff. Welcome back you are at home!

juneau,ak
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed two nights and probably will not return. Hotel is out-of-the-way and was difficult to find on a dark and rainy night. Althought he hotel was only 62% occupied and i have a hard time walking, we were placed at the end of a long corridor, a very long way fromt he elevator.
The room was spacious, but the bedroom barely fit the kingsize bed. The small kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc. was appreciated. Free breakfast was pretty skimpy - we've had better choices at other Larkspur Hotels, and the space was too crowded to sit down anywhere. Best part of it was a significantly reduced price, but without that, we're not likely to return.

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet, but ask for one on the back side (West) if there's any activity at th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank causal
Dear Casual,

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

At 6:00 am someone apparently had something on their stove burner which caused a lot of smoke in that area of the hotel. 5 stars for the loudness of the alarm which never stopped. The manager personally knocked on each door to evacuate the building. I do believe sleepus interuptus should be comped. The hotel declined. At $100 per room times 50 rooms they would have left a much more favorable impression if they had not charged for the unpleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear thorntree,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for completing a review of your stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington.

I apologize for the late response having only recently been provided the access to review and respond to guest comments. I have taken a personal responsibility to not only respond to the surveys but to also improve the overall guest experience. I do appreciate the and understand the comment regarding the fire alarm sounding, this was not a rehearsal or practice, it was a real fire and evacuation. I have received very positive reviews and comments on the response of myself and my team.
I hope that you do choose to include this location in your future travel needs, I look forward to reading a more favorable response as we make the changes. We appreciate hearing and sharing the guest commentary with our team, each comment is considered an opportunity to learn from and improve our guest experience.

Nigel Williams
General Manager.
Wenatchee, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here as a family for two nights. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The property is clearly aging, as is some of the furniture, but not in terrible shape overall. Rooms were a little small. Free breakfast is on par with what you'd get at a Springhill suits or similar. Nothing like Embassy Suites' breakfast. My only complaint was that I found some mouse feeces on a towel in the bathroom. I used to own an old house with mice issues, so I'm 99% certain of what I saw. I suspect their laundry area had a little infestation.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Gadget1,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Key West, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

The property was just okay. My room was marginal in terms of overall cleanliness and decor. It was quite small. The location is not so great. The pool and jacuzzi were down for maintenance. All this and the rates were higher than comparable properties in the area. On the plus side, the breakfast lounge and food was convenient and good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wildfin
Dear Wildfin,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys on Yelp. I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the delay for the delay in responding having only recently been provided the access to review and respond. The review and Star rating that you provided is appreciated, this has been shared with my management team and staff. I have made it a personal commitment to review and respond to all commentary and ratings, the good and the bad. I along with my team appreciate the reviews and we use them to boost morale or as an opportunity to address concerns. Our goal is to provide our guests with an experience we can be proud of.

Port Townsend, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We reserved a handicap accessible room with roll-in shower on Jan. 9. On Jan. 23, we arrived, with our tired 90 year old mother, and printout of the confirmation of the roll-in shower, ADA room in hand. After several minutes of looking at the computer screen, they informed us there was no room available with a roll-in shower, as had been promised in our reservation of 2 weeks prior. No excuse, no offer to compensate us or help in any way. What is the point of reserving a special room 2 weeks in advance, if they don't bother to actually reserve the room? We did our part, they dropped the ball.
They did move us to another room with bars near the toilet, but the room they gave us was not ADA accessible at all. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: If you need a room for a handicapped person, or bars near the toilet, elevated toilet seat, wheel in...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family