“Exceeded my expectations”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked my reservation through a website, for the amount I paid I was not expecting much. When my daughter and I arrived parking was easy ( loved the covered parking garage, this is Washington). We went inside and were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies!
My first impression of the lobby was small ( not too small) and tastefully decorated. Check in was quick, easy and pleasant. The floor that our room was on was very clean and quiet.
Our room was more than I expected, I travel frequently and have never had a room with a full kitchen, utensils included, although we did not use them. I love the fact they are striving to be environmentally friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelly S
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Shelly S,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your rating and commentary are a wonderful moral booster.
I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We felt the beds were comfortable, but the pillows were "useless" (my husband's opinion :)). We liked the fully-equipped kitchen with its full-size refrigerator and microwave. It was nice having two quality flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The location was close to an Albertson's so that we could buy food to eat in rather than spend extra money eating out. Although the hotel was close to the highway, the highway noise wasn't bad, especially since it was impossible to get the fan to shut off on the heating/cooling system, which masked the outside noise. Soundproofing between the rooms in the suite and between the suite and the hallway was poor. Fresh coffee and cookies were available in the evenings in the lobby, and breakfast was continental, but with ham, cheese, and hardboiled eggs to supplement the carb overload...there were many cereal choices to take-away...the breakfast seemed designed for business travelers to grab and go, lots of single-serve milk and cereals. We would have appreciated more of an eco-friendly breakfast service, but understand the appeal of take-away breakfasts for business travelers. We would stay here again, especially because of the separate bedroom, the fully-equipped kitchen and the value price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Dear Savvy Traveler,

I apologize for the delay in this response, a change of ownership and management slowed down the process. I have spent considerable time catching up, reading and responding to those of prior management reviews and ratings. I hope that if you have not yet given us another chance, that you may do so in your future travel plans. We have made a difference in the service and continue to make improvements on the facility.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice hotel and away from he freeway noise. The only down side is we expected not to have to use an elevator to get to our room due to we had a dog with us? The fire alarm went off at 12:58 am and was on for about 30 min.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We made a cross country move from Austin, TX to the Bellevue, WA area. I reserved the room in advance for a stay of over 30 days. When communicating with Anne, the sales manager, she did state that a deposit for our pets and 10 days would be required upon check-in and that they could work with us for the rest of our stay by letting us pay weekly or bi-weekly- no problem. About a week after we checked-in, we received a call from the front desk stating that we were required to give a credit card that could be authorized for $1,500 for our stay! Apparently that is common practice, yet no such requirement was disclosed during my discussions with Anne. I felt as though we were being strong armed into giving an additional $1,500 deposit. We decided to check out early and find other accommodations. Upon check out, I was told our final balance due was just over $70 and my receipt would be e-mailed to me. Larkspur charged me $160 instead and e-mailed no such receipt!

While the accommodations were excellent, the billing transparency was horrible. If there is one thing to get right, that is the handling of your customer's bill.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Heather D
Briana H, Hotel Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I know that you have been in communication with Anne, our Director of Sales since your stay. Anne stated that when she spoke to you on Tuesday, March 27th, the miscommunication was thoroughly explained. I just want to make sure that there wasn’t still any confusion regarding rates and billing. I can be reached at the hotel Monday-Friday during business hours. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Briana Hallsted
Hotel Manager
Larkspur Landing- Bellevue
Office: 425-373-1212

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Safe, clean, comfy, friendly, great prices, courteous staff, spacious, we loved our room and will continue staying with them for as long as they are there, Very good location with shopping and food near by, or cook on your own in the room, free wifi and parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stormie d

Dear Stormie D.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just stayed two nights. Excellent hotel for the price. Exceeded expectations. Great service!! Front desk courteous and friendly. Breakfast very nice with many choices. Housekeeping staff friendly and helpful. Hot tub hot and very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Rainbows4Sale

Dear Rainbows4Sale,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Larkspur Landing Is a good option to the high prices and taxes in Seattle. It is conveniently located right off the highway with easy access downtown. The rooms are fully equipped with limited kitchens to cater to long-term residents. There is a typical hotel free breakfast in a very limited space off of the lobby. My major complaint is how noisy the rooms are. If you are in anyway a light sleeper the noise from the refrigerator and the heater air conditioner will keep you up most of the night

Room Tip: Get breakfast early before the crowds arrive and the food is gone