“Great value,,noisy room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bend, Oregon
“Great value,,noisy room”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Larkspur Landing Is a good option to the high prices and taxes in Seattle. It is conveniently located right off the highway with easy access downtown. The rooms are fully equipped with limited kitchens to cater to long-term residents. There is a typical hotel free breakfast in a very limited space off of the lobby. My major complaint is how noisy the rooms are. If you are in anyway a light sleeper the noise from the refrigerator and the heater air conditioner will keep you up most of the night

Room Tip: Get breakfast early before the crowds arrive and the food is gone
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, November 24, 2015
Dear Savvy Traveler,

I apologize for the delay in this response, a change of ownership and management slowed down the process. I have spent considerable time catching up, reading and responding to those of prior management reviews and ratings. I hope that if you have not yet given us another chance, that you may do so in your future travel plans. We have made a difference in the service and continue to make improvements on the facility.

Nigel Williams, GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Coquille, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We recently stayed at the Larspur Landing, Bellevue, WA while my husband was doing business in the area. The hotel was just as they described it online. It was like home away from home. We had a suite with bedroom separate from the living area. It had a full kitchen and large table for laptop or eating space. Both bedroom and living area had a flat screen tv and the bathroom was very spacious. Fresh baked cookies were a treat in the evening after 5:00. Underground parking was also a plus, as it was raining the whole time we were there. A healthy start Breakfast was adequate and came with the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the Featherbore beds were sooo comfortable. The only downside was the hotel was hard to find as it was on a deadend street. I would have not found it if I didn't have my GPS to help me. Other than that, I would stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone staying for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: Get the suite with separate bedroom. It gives you more privacy if you want to go to bed early and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Karen T
Dear Savvy Traveler,

Nigel Williams, GM.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very comfortable room and comfy soft bedding. Blankets were cozy. The staff was friendly and helpful and cookies were good. Parking seemed pretty good, not alot of it but I had a small car so I was able to sneak in. The kitchenette was cute and had more than I expected. Pretty much everything you would need in a kitchen. Hotel tucked in a little away from the highway near a church. I enjoyed my stay, the scenery was nice and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank srosenbaum80
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, November 18, 2016
Dear Traveler,

I apologize for the late response, I was not the GM at the time of this posting but thought I would review the responded and submit a reply.

Thank you for your brief review and commentary, we have undergone several changes including ownership and management. There are now firm plans to make improvements during the 2017 year.

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stay at this hotel 1/18/3013, got to room and was below 50 on thermostat so turned it up to 70, no heat came on, called front desk and was told "It takes it a bit to warm up" it was 11:30 at night so went to be knowing that it would get warmer, nope at 3 am it still freezing cold in room, had to get going at 7 am so grabed every spare blanket I could find and hunkered down.... Staff seems not to care that night or the next morning. Worst hotel I have had in 23 yrs of buisness travel WOULD NOT RECOMEND

Room Tip: Other hotels in area stay at one of them
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian B
Briana H, Hotel Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry we were not
able to assist you with the thermostat issues you expirenced during
your stay. There is nothing worse than sleeping in a cold room,
especially during a Washington winter. I certainly apologize for your
discomfort. I also want to apoligize for my employee's lack luster attitude when you approached them for resolve.

I am disappointed that we did not take the time to make sure your
issue was resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for your candor,
we can not improve without feedback from our guests! I would like an
opportunity to speak with you and get some additional feedback. Please feel free to reach me at the hotel directly.

Best,
Briana Hallsted
Hotel Manager
Bellevue Larkspur Landing
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am disappointed in the hotel as whole. I was supposed to get a better rate than what I did. I was told it would be $79.99 and when I was billed for $89.99 per day. Also they are using a type of air neutralizer or air freshener but it is horrible. It smells terrible!!! I was told it was a smoke free room and I have my doubts. I smoke but I never smoke in my own home so I wont smoke in someone elses. The water pressure is terrible. Though I didnt look under the bed until the last night....... now I know why. It was gross. I understand the vacuum will not fit but the least you could do is pick up the peanut shells that were under there from the guy before that was eating peanuts in bed.

Room Tip: keep looking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrsSteveG
Briana H, Hotel Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I really appreciate the time you took to post as it helps me to understand where we can improve.

I want to personally address the concerns you had with your stay. I am truly sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced. I know when I travel the smell of the room can make or break your experience. I also want to do some research regarding the room rate discrepancy that you mentioned. I would love to discuss these issues further, so that we may have more detailed information regarding your specific room. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Briana Hallsted
Hotel Manager
Larkspur Landing- Bellevue
15805 SE 37th | Bellevue, WA 98006
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was travelling from India to Bellevue on a business trip which was going to be a long a trip (about 1 month). From a friend's recommendation I found that this hotel is a nice place to stay especially if you are travelling on a business trip because of following reasons:

1. Kitchen is available with room with complete set of utensils.
2. Really good and ample breakfast choices.
3. Hotel staff is very receptive of your complaints.
4. Good privacy for business travel (especially while taking onshore calls).
5. reception staff gives a warm welcome to your expected guests from nearby cities.
6. Checkout was awesome experience and was really smooth billing experience.
7. room cleaning crew was good.
8. Nearby albertsons store is awesome added value because you can buy your groceries/beverages from there or the shopping complex.
9. Good WiFi experience.

Bad experience:
=====================
1. I found my toilet clogged one morning and probably that was due to some planned cleaning effort, i suppose. but hotel staff served my request really fast (within 30 mins the problem was resolved).

Definitely I'll stay here again.

BTW: They have rooms where smoking is allowed but beware before taking such room if you are a non smokers (My advice: confirm about room upfront at reception before entering in).

Room Tip: Any Smoking room facing main entrance is good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've stayed here twice, and would definitely stay here again. However, keep in mind is a business hotel so it's much cheaper during weekend and holidays. I don't think it's worth the full price weekday rate.

Pros:
Lots of freebies, such as breakfast, decent Internet, shuttle, nice laundry room, gym, etc.
Close to Bellevue and to Seattle downtown in a short 10 minute drive via I90
Fully equipped kitchen
Covered free parking lot
Bed was pretty nice (didn't look underneath as per other reviews)
The hotel in general feels pretty cozy and the staff is helpful (I did ask for a room facing the woods since I came when the hotel was almost empty; they were happy to put me in one and when I went to the room it was facing the highway. I let them know and they apologized and offered me a new room, they also offered helping me switch rooms)

Cons:
Location is a pro and a con. Close to I90, far enough that is not too noisy, however getting to the hotel during the rush hour was a nightmare. If you need to commute during the rush hour think twice
You need to drive to get anywhere. nothing nearby (at least 20 min walk to a grocery store)
Kitchen is outdated (not a problem for me)
The water pressure in the bathroom was pretty annoying- took me several minutes to brush my teeth!

In general good value for your money, unless there's a convention or something and then rooms will be much more expensive than the room is actually worth. Shop around!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Carla_2012