“Terrific place, well worth finding”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Champlin, Minnesota
“Terrific place, well worth finding”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay. One of the most comfortable beds we have slept in. Very clean, excellent professional and thoughtful service. Quiet, out of the way. Full kitchen including regular sized fridge, cook top, utensils and microwave. Excellent breakfast included hard boiled eggs, wide assortment of yogurts (including greek) scones, muffins, bagels and cereal. Secure free undergound parking.

It is difficult to find the first time. A HUGE hint: off I-90 either way watch for the blue "lodging" sign and follow it all the way. It is worth it. Also, you want to have your own transportation (like a car) as pretty much everything (supermarket, drug store, restaurants) is a little drive away. Our trip required frequent trips to Overlake Hospital, and I particularly appreciated the easy "back way" to get there without the freeways. At $121 per night on priceline this was a real bargain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, November 18, 2016
Dear Richard,

Thank you for the complimentary review and rating. I appreciate when a savvy traveler can provided such valuable insights for future travelers. I particularly like the hints provided, very useful.

Thank you again for your review and commentary, we have undergone several changes including ownership and management. There are now firm plans to make improvements during the 2017 year.

Nigel Williams, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The good: Great location within 15 minutes of downtown Seattle. Easy access to the highways.
Large room, with everything you may need. You could cook in the kitchenette as they have all you require. Comfortable beds. Clean rooms. Large bathrooms. Big flat panel tv.
The service staff are friendly.
Safe area. Free parking (indoor and in front of the hotel) and wifi.
Good breakfast, though they only have seating for about 14 people, so it can get crowded. Remember, you have everything you need in your kitchenette to prepare your food, so gather what you need from the breakfast area and go back to your room.

The bad: Hard to find if you don't know the exact location. Really odd dead end location.
Slow elevators. Sometimes the air freshener is overwhelming! The kitchen is pulled out from the eighties decor. Tacky and needs some rejuvenation. Ice machine is only on the second floor.

Pay less than $120 a night and you have a decent price. Under $100, consider it a bargain. Anything more and there is better out there, so shop around.

Room Tip: Two choices for rooms: Mountain views, towards the highway may be noisier with open windows but you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JaymeisterMTL
Dear Traveler,

I apologize for the late response, I was not the GM at the time of this posting but thought I would review the responded and submit a reply.

Thank you for your brief review and commentary, we have undergone several changes including ownership and management. There are now firm plans to make improvements during the 2017 year.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family stayed 2 nights here. It was nice for the adults to have their own bedroom. Also, the full size refigerator and full kitchen were great options if you wanted to eat in or just have snacks (or ice creasm) available. There is an Albertson's grocery store just a couple of blocks away. The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and the lobby always had cookies and apples available for free! The location was great - really easy to get into downtown Seattle from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel for the price. If you get for under $100 I give it a 4 between $100 and $150 I give it a 3 and over $150 I give it a 2.

Bring an alarm as my wake up call never came in. The rooms are like walking into the 80's but very clean and looks new. Just the decorating is like the 80's. the kitchen is small but I never used it. Large 52 inch flat screen TV.

I do recommend and great place to stay if your coming for a football game! Make sure you pay under $100 a night!

• Stayed October 2012

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights during a business trip to Bellevue. Overall, this hotel meets its rating - the hotel amenities (breakfast, fitness center, staff, etc.) are as expected for an all-suite hotel, and the price was a great deal for the area. (The outdoor spa is a definite plus!) The room I stayed in was just average - this is obviously an older suite hotel that has been spruced up with nice paint, etc. - but clean and very well maintained. Some things to be aware of: (1) The patio area near the outdoor jacuzzi can get loud (one night there was a group a folks outside until about 11PM), so avoid windows in the back of the hotel if this will bother you. (2) There isn't very much nearby - just 1 restaurant within walking distance, and anything else is at least a 10-15 minute drive (the location is really on the outskirts of Bellevue, downtown is about 15 minute drive).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the back (West) on lower floors to avoid noise from the patio
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and recently I spent one night here, and were very impressed with everything, meaning: very quiet, the receptionists (all 3 of them), the room, the free breakfast, the internet, the free cookies in the lobby.

There is a nearby mall with an Albertsons, and two restuarants; Outback and Thai. We had dinner at Outback, and both the service and the meals were very good.

The hotel is just off I-90 just east of 405, and readilly accessible. I was however please that I used my GPS since the last 3 blocks are a bit of a wiggle.

Room Tip: The rooms may all be very good, but ours was on the back side with a nice view into the "forest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

McKinleyville, California
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My adult daughter and I chose Larkspur Landing because it gives a bit of privacy and has a kitchen. We stayed four nights. In that short time, the staff remembered our names and greeted us as we came and went and provided assistance without fuss. The kitchen is small, as would be expected, and amazingly functional--we had salad, crab cakes (purchased uncooked from Whole Foods), and corn on the cob one night--and fixed eggs every morning. My biggest praise, though is for the beds. We had a one-bedroom suite. One of us slept on the bed and the other on the sofa sleeper. Most sofa sleepers should be considered tools of torture and outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Larkspur Landing overcomes the problem with lovely, somewhat tired, but definitely functional feather beds that go over the mattress. It is a nuisance to assemble all of this every night and disassemble it every morning, but I am a large woman and I slept comfortable on it--which is saying a lot.
The suite was clean, especially the kitchen--and I am rather particular. The location was great--we went to the shopping area every day and found a route that did not take us on the freeways, significantly cutting the travel time.
One caution: we had Garmin, iPhones, and printed maps and still had a bit of a challenge finding the place, there are some confusing turns and the hotel is at a dead end, which makes it even more confusing. On the other hand, because it is tucked away, the freeway noise is minimal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family