“Great value!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Great value!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel for the price. If you get for under $100 I give it a 4 between $100 and $150 I give it a 3 and over $150 I give it a 2.

Bring an alarm as my wake up call never came in. The rooms are like walking into the 80's but very clean and looks new. Just the decorating is like the 80's. the kitchen is small but I never used it. Large 52 inch flat screen TV.

I do recommend and great place to stay if your coming for a football game! Make sure you pay under $100 a night!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, November 18, 2016
Dear Traveler,

I apologize for the late response, I was not the GM at the time of this posting but thought I would review the responded and submit a reply.

Thank you for your brief review and commentary, we have undergone several changes including ownership and management. There are now firm plans to make improvements during the 2017 year.

Nigel Williams, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights during a business trip to Bellevue. Overall, this hotel meets its rating - the hotel amenities (breakfast, fitness center, staff, etc.) are as expected for an all-suite hotel, and the price was a great deal for the area. (The outdoor spa is a definite plus!) The room I stayed in was just average - this is obviously an older suite hotel that has been spruced up with nice paint, etc. - but clean and very well maintained. Some things to be aware of: (1) The patio area near the outdoor jacuzzi can get loud (one night there was a group a folks outside until about 11PM), so avoid windows in the back of the hotel if this will bother you. (2) There isn't very much nearby - just 1 restaurant within walking distance, and anything else is at least a 10-15 minute drive (the location is really on the outskirts of Bellevue, downtown is about 15 minute drive).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the back (West) on lower floors to avoid noise from the patio
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and recently I spent one night here, and were very impressed with everything, meaning: very quiet, the receptionists (all 3 of them), the room, the free breakfast, the internet, the free cookies in the lobby.

There is a nearby mall with an Albertsons, and two restuarants; Outback and Thai. We had dinner at Outback, and both the service and the meals were very good.

The hotel is just off I-90 just east of 405, and readilly accessible. I was however please that I used my GPS since the last 3 blocks are a bit of a wiggle.

Room Tip: The rooms may all be very good, but ours was on the back side with a nice view into the "forest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

McKinleyville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My adult daughter and I chose Larkspur Landing because it gives a bit of privacy and has a kitchen. We stayed four nights. In that short time, the staff remembered our names and greeted us as we came and went and provided assistance without fuss. The kitchen is small, as would be expected, and amazingly functional--we had salad, crab cakes (purchased uncooked from Whole Foods), and corn on the cob one night--and fixed eggs every morning. My biggest praise, though is for the beds. We had a one-bedroom suite. One of us slept on the bed and the other on the sofa sleeper. Most sofa sleepers should be considered tools of torture and outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Larkspur Landing overcomes the problem with lovely, somewhat tired, but definitely functional feather beds that go over the mattress. It is a nuisance to assemble all of this every night and disassemble it every morning, but I am a large woman and I slept comfortable on it--which is saying a lot.
The suite was clean, especially the kitchen--and I am rather particular. The location was great--we went to the shopping area every day and found a route that did not take us on the freeways, significantly cutting the travel time.
One caution: we had Garmin, iPhones, and printed maps and still had a bit of a challenge finding the place, there are some confusing turns and the hotel is at a dead end, which makes it even more confusing. On the other hand, because it is tucked away, the freeway noise is minimal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Author567

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found Larkspur Landing when looking for a place to stay in the Bellevue area. This place was in close proximity to the Hotel Sierra where we used to stay when coming up to Seattle for some event. This time we were in Seattle for the Antiques Roadshow and a Mariners game so we wanted a room for 2 nights. When checking in we had already called well in advance to request a quiet room away from the elevators and any highway noise. The hotel sits just off the I-90 so we weren't sure how loud it would be. When we went to check in the woman at the front desk had no record of our room request. So when she told us which room on the top floor (4th floor) we could have we decided to check it out first. When we got out of the elevator the floor had a really strong perfume smell. We went down to check out our room and heard a large dog howling and whining in its room. And it was the room right next to the room we were supposed to stay in. The dog started barking really loud when we went to look in the room so we decided not to take that room. When we went back downstairs the woman said the 4th floor is for pets and people aren't supposed to leave their animals unattended in the rooms so she'd let them know about their dog. So she sent us to the 2nd floor to check out another room. We got out of the elevator there and the whole floor smelled like garlic. I guess because each room has a mini kitchen people cook so whatever someone's cooking up you're going to smell. It was terrible! We got to the room and opened the windows and it was nice enough. All the rooms look nice enough but the beds are so uncomfortable! The one on the 4th floor was hard and squeaked when we sat on it. Same for the 2nd floor room. Time to replace the beds, Larkspur! Anyway...that night at 2:10 a.m. and for the following nearly 2 hours...the person upstairs had some visitor or something as the noise was so loud and the banging on the walls and thumping was so loud it shook our lamp on our nightstand! We called the front desk 3 times and no one answered so short of us going upstairs to tell the guy to shut the hell up...there was nothing we could do. We didn't get any sleep after that! When we went downstairs in the morning for their pathetic continental breakfast (don't bother...you can get better breakfast snacks at the AM/PM mart) we told the woman at the front desk what happened with all the noise. She said that the person above us was a long-term renter and they had complaints before about him! Then why put us below this jerk who's already had complaints when we specifically said we wanted a quiet room??? Anyway...she said we could transfer rooms once the maids had cleaned it...which she said would only take a few minutes. 3 hours and 20 minutes later...we got our room! We were so upset with the Larkspur at this point we contemplated whether or not to even stay the night or drive back to Portland after the Roadshow. We decided to give them another chance since the woman at the front desk had contacted the manager and given us $20 off the 2 nights. Whoop tee doo...$20 off for no sleep one night and as we found out...not much better the second night since the bed was so uncomfortable and sagged at the edges plus squeaked a lot. They definitely need to do a lot to make the place more presentable. The Larkspur was once something like the Days Inn or Comfort Inn...can't quite remember what they told us. It's like an Embassy Suites. The exterior looks great and all but once you're inside...the rooms look nice enough...but they need to update the beds especially! Plus, it doesn't help they have a bench right by the front door and there's an overflowing garbage can and an ashtray for all the smokers that gave off such a strong odor it was disgusting. Clean up the garbage and move the ashtray away from the front of the building! Come on, staff! Clean up this place! And if you're going to have long-term renters...you need to make sure they're respectful of the hours and company they keep so as not to disturb the overnighters! It can't be good for business if so many others have complained about that particular person! When we come back to the area...we will definitely NOT stay at the Larkspur...nice looking on the outside...a mess on the inside with thin walls, lots of dogs and their smells, lots of cooking odors...laughable continental breakfast....just a bad place! There's plenty of other places in the area that's only a few dollars more but well worth the extra money. You get what you pay for...stay away from this place!

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on the 4th floor unless you have a dog! 4th floor is for pets...loud and smells li...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Portlandnative
Briana H, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
September 10th, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Larkspur Landing in Bellevue. We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests, it allows us to obtain immediate feedback and guest comments are vital to our continued improvement.

I am very embarrassed for the issues you had during your stay. The battleing of noise both from traffic and animals is something that no one wants to deal with while traveling for business or pleasure. As far as the garlic smell you encountered, I also apoigize for this as unplesant smells can really ruin a hotel stay.Since the Larkspur Landing is an Extended Stay hotel, we have guests that stay anywhere from one day to one hundred days, we occasionally will run into this issue. I am disapointed that my team did not report these issues so we might have addressed them immediately while you were at the hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your stay in further detail. All guest feedback is an opportunity to better train my team. I thank you for your comments and again, for sharing your frustration. We will make it our goal to make all our guests stays exceptional each and every time they stay with us. You comments help better our guest experience. I thank you again!

Briana Hallsted
Hotel Manager -Larkspur Landing Hotel
Bellevue, WA
tulare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We chose this hotel after weeks of searching on tripadvisor. We needed a place to stay in Washington for a wedding in Redmond. The hotel was so clean, i'm a bit of a clean freak and it really met my standards. The suites are so spacious; my 3 year old had plenty of room to run around in the room which was great after having been in the car for 18 plus hours as we traveled from central California. The bedroom being seperate from the rest of the suite was also nice as my little one slept in one morning and my husband and I were able to enjoy our breakfast in the kitchen area without disturbing him. The breakfast is your average continental breakfast and met our needs. They had complimentary apples all day which was a nice touch as I appreciate the offering of healthy snacks, although they did offer complimentary cookies in the evening too. They also had coffee available all day which was also nice. They have some grocery items available which came in handy and they are reasonably priced. The hotel isn't really within walking distance to anything but in my opinion it was a plus to be away from any hustle and bustle as you didn't have to drive far to get what you needed. It is really centrally located in terms of anywhere you might be needing to get in Washington. It is only 10 minutes from the Boehms Candies in Issaquah and I highly recommend a visit there too particularly if you are a chocolate lover. If you call ahead you can schedule tours which are fun. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Newport, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were in town to go to the Antiques Roadshow in Seattle, but decided to stay here in Bellevue away from the "big city" traffic. We were very pleased with the quiet location, & were able to check in early, which was very nice, after driving over 6 hours to get here. The lobby was a bit dark after being out in the bright sun, (yes the sun does shine in Washington...haha) but nicely decorated, very up to date.
We had a mini suite, it was very nice, clean and roomy. Nice enough, that we stayed another night, just for the heck of it.
100% satisfied.

Room Tip: Be sure and get good directions off the internet if you don't have GPS, as it is a bit out of th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple