“Really nice hotel - I would come back”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for one night during the Easter weekend. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel, but have stayed at several other hotels in Bellevue before. I prepaid for a $79 room (plus $12 parking) which is a fantastic price for a newly renovated hotel.

The hotel is very easy to find once you come off I405. The hotel has it's own parking undergound which can be a quite tight if you drive a large SUV.

Check-in was very smooth. The staff were very courteous and professional.

The lobby, the hallways and the rooms have all recently been renovated, and it looks fantastic. I stayed at Courtyard in Lynnwood the night before which was also renovated recently with the same "feel", but the Bellevue location clearly did a more impressive job.

The room we got on the top floor was very nice. The room felt "roomy" - I'm not sure if it's because the room was truly bigger, or because of how they designed the room with the bed tucked in the corner. Our room faced the courtyard so we did not hear any road noise. There is a small fridge and a good sized in-room safe (suitable for a laptop). WiFi speed was good, and all channels on the LCD TV were HD quality.

This hotel is well very located - shopping and great restaurants are really only steps away. Driving would be recommended when raining though!

I did not try the pool, fitness centre or restaurant, so I cannon comment on them.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would definitely consider coming back with my wife. I think this hotel provides a very competitive rate and better value compared to the Hyatt or Westin.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vancouver_Roary
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Vancouver_Roary, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return to our property when visiting Bellevue. I appreciate your very kind comments about our staff and how courteous and professional they are. As you mentioned, we are a newly renovated hotel that took the time to hand-pick every material used throughout the hotel. Our owners wanted to create a fung-shui atmosphere and that is reflected in the design choices that were made. We are very fortunate to be close to world-class shopping and over 350 restaurants within walking distance of the property. We truly hope to see you again on your next visit to Bellevue, Vancouver_Roary, so that you can experience some of the other great amenities we have to offer!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel was just a few blocks from the mall and entertainment. The river and old town is just a few more blocks beyond the mall. There are quite a few places to eat nearby. This hotel was very clean! The kids played in the indoor, small-ish pool with a bunch of other kids. Chlorine was a bit strong, but that didn't bother any of the kids. Great stay, great customer service. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a view of another building. I don't think there is much else to look from any side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you, Amanda H, for reviewing our property and for your kind comments about our customer service. I am happy to hear that your kids enjoyed our pool and in-door amenities. I will make sure to pass along the chlorine concern to the respectable department to ensure this is addressed. As you mentioned, we are very fortunate to be located close to over 350 restaurants and a quick walk to the downtown mall. I am thrilled that you would return to our property and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Whilst I can't fault the location for my meetings, friendly staff, super fast wifi, size of room and comfort of the beds their seems to be a few things that niggled and annoyed me during my stay. The air con in my room was so loud even on the lowest setting I couldn't get to sleep with it on. Breakfast was served in impractical dishes - had to get a normal cereal bowl to put my granola and yogurt into as it was in a cocktail glass and filled to the brim - completely impractical to eat, without making a real mess and no space to add more yogurt / milk to stop it being v dry. There was no breakfast buffet or way of ordering fresh fruit like apples, bananas or oranges so instead you can only order a large bowl of mixed fruit salad - not what I wanted as it was a breakfast in its own right. No brown or granary breads for toast and The American cooked breakfast included the worst over cooked dry bacon I have ever tried - you couldn't even pick it up with a fork as it shattered into a thousand pieces. If they sorted out the breakfast then I would consider coming back to stay again on business ... Otherwise back to the Hyatt.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear, Mike B, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us and for the kind comment about our very friendly staff. I am glad to hear that we are a great location for your meetings and that you enjoyed our high-speed wifi. In regards to the breakfast feedback, we are a full restaurant and we offer many al a carte options but we do not offer a breakfast buffet since we have a lot of items on our menu. I will be passing this information along to my Food and Beverage department to ensure the consistency with the quality of food being produced and so your feedback will be taken into consideration. Again, thank you, Mike B, for your review of our property so that we can have a better understanding of our guest’s experiences.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The beds were soft and comfortable. The room and hotel were clean. Parking was good. Our room was very quiet in the evening in the morning it was a little noisy. The costomer service was great. Close to nearby shopping and dining. I'd stay here again as along as the rates don't go up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lexaroo
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you, lexaroo, for taking the time to review our property about your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about our great customer service and exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations. We are very fortunate to be located so close to world-class shopping and dining and, given the downtown location, our hotel is particularly quiet at night due to our owners installing the best noise-cancellation windows in the market. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again on your visit to Bellevue, lexaroo!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Spent two days here during the Wintergrass Festival. Registration desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, seemed genuinely pleased to welcome us. Set the tone for the entire stay! Room was clean and comfortable, the Starbucks on the lower level was a godsend. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Robin B
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Robin B, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us during the Wintergrass festival. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your two days at our property and had the chance to take advantage of some of our amenities like Starbucks. I will be passing the comments along about our staff in order to recognize their hard work and dedication to ensuring you have the best stay possible. I hope that we will have the chance to accommodate you again at the next festival!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Now I'm not very nitpicky. In fact, I stayed here a year ago and loved it! When I came back, I noticed that the lobby had been entirely redone, and the rooms were also refreshed. Big pluses! I only have 3 small gripes, 2 of which can be easily fixed:

1. When they redid the pool, they took away the hot tub due to a compliance issue with the Americans With Disabilities Act/ADA. I can understand this. I am just so disappointed that they could not accommodate making amends to keep the hot tub in place, and I know there's no way this would be fixed.
2. They don't offer shuttle service. Many hotels in the district offer this, even the nearby Residence Inn. I'm not asking for a free shuttle to the airport. but even within a 2 mile radius would be a nice to have.
3. the breakfast area, particularly the buffet area, needs to be seriously revised. The food is good, don't get me wrong. But you may as well order off the menu and skip the buffet. This is because all the buffet offers is omelets, toast, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. No cereal, no fruit, no juices. It's not that hard to put some of these things in place. For the same price as the regular items, you're not getting much more. What's the point?

I will say the rooms are well-kept and clean, and beds are comfortable. I had a great view of Bravern across the street. the only weird problem I had was some woman knocking on everyone's doors at 12:30am, yelling to let her in. Had to call security on that one, geez....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Bravern.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank readytograbasuitcase

Thank you, readytograbasuitacse, for you very kind comments about our property and our new renovations. As for the hot tub feedback, yes, we had to take it away due to ADA compliance but, there was no way of making adjustments to it in order to keep it. The hotel would have had to completely remodel the pool area in order to make the hot tub area larger and meet the ADA compliance. In regards to the shuttle, the Courtyard brand does not offer shuttle service but as you mentioned, there are other Marriott brands that do offer a shuttle. We can offer numerous other options for transportation such as taxis and town cars. As for the breakfast area feedback, the buffet you are referring to is our Morning Scramble which is not a “buffet” which is why it does not encompass more options like cereal or fruit. I do understand how this would be confusing considering the menu says “buffet” but we are amending the menus in order to clear the confusion. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property because it gives us an opportunity to address any issues or take a closer look at different areas. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again, readytograbasuitcase!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really impressed with the property, and it started right from arrival. Extremely friendly and welcoming reception, attentive and accommodating. Great lobby area with nice bar- and restaurant. Having a starbucks at the lower level is an asset as well. Spacious and modern rooms, good housekeeping throughout the stay. Close to plenty of dining options outside.
Ideal for families as well due to room size.
Only minor setback is that rooms to the front are a tad noisy when rush hour sets in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter_Orlando_FL
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Peter_Orlando_Fl, thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and friendly staff. As you mentioned in your headline, we do deliver more than what is expected at a typical Courtyard as we come off as more of a full-service property. Our owners have taken great consideration in how they wanted this property to look which in turn made the atmosphere feel personal and “homey” for each guest. I appreciate you pointing out the very attentive service you received from the moment you checked-in to the hotel to the housekeeping service you received every day. I do apologize for any noise inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our owners have invested in the top-of-the-line noise cancelling windows available but being in a bustling downtown location, you will have your fair share of traffic noise. It was pleasure accommodating you and your family and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the area.