“Delivers much more what you would expect from a Courtyard”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Winter Garden, Florida
“Delivers much more what you would expect from a Courtyard”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really impressed with the property, and it started right from arrival. Extremely friendly and welcoming reception, attentive and accommodating. Great lobby area with nice bar- and restaurant. Having a starbucks at the lower level is an asset as well. Spacious and modern rooms, good housekeeping throughout the stay. Close to plenty of dining options outside.
Ideal for families as well due to room size.
Only minor setback is that rooms to the front are a tad noisy when rush hour sets in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter_Orlando_FL
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Peter_Orlando_Fl, thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and friendly staff. As you mentioned in your headline, we do deliver more than what is expected at a typical Courtyard as we come off as more of a full-service property. Our owners have taken great consideration in how they wanted this property to look which in turn made the atmosphere feel personal and “homey” for each guest. I appreciate you pointing out the very attentive service you received from the moment you checked-in to the hotel to the housekeeping service you received every day. I do apologize for any noise inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our owners have invested in the top-of-the-line noise cancelling windows available but being in a bustling downtown location, you will have your fair share of traffic noise. It was pleasure accommodating you and your family and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for business a week ago. Great location. Walking distance to many awesome eats/drinks. Nice front desk staff. Garage was super easy to park and leave. Starbucks is downstairs so breakfast didn't require leaving the building.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank InfoSecR0a4Warrior
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us, InfoSecR0a4Warrior. At our property, we want to ensure you have the best experience from the moment you pull into our garage to when you check-out at the front desk. As you mentioned, our guest parking garage is really easy to navigate and has quick access to the lobby and all guest floors. We do have an on-site Starbucks that is part of the hotel so that our guests have the efficiency of a quick breakfast or snack as they had off to a meeting, downtown adventure or a relaxing day at the hotel in their pajamas. I am happy that we had the opportunity to accommodate you during your business trip to the area!
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I spent 2 great weeks at the Courtyard. Great front desk staff. Good service
The lobby is very nice and comfortable , good space to spend time working or entertaining guests.
The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean.This is a good Courtyard to stay . Good proximity to the Shopping malls and the half mile walk was good for my exercises.

Room Tip: Choose top floors facing the street
1 Thank Ike A
Thank you, Saligwekwe, for your very kind words about our staff and property. At Marriott, we strive to ensure you receive the best possible customer service in the hospitality industry and I am happy to hear that you received that. At our property, we have created a great public atmosphere for either doing work in our business center or entertaining guests in our lounge/bar. As you mentioned, our location is prime for a quick walk to the mall or over 350 restaurants in the downtown area. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay!
Blue Bell, PA
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is not your average Courtyard. 'Is more like a full service hotel, just with the Courtyard name. So, if you're thinking minimal service, this hotel provides much more. I like the friendliness of the staff, and the food at the full service restaurant. The lobby bar area, where they have multiple TVs and lounge chairs for eating and conversations, is a great meetup place. The rooms are large and so is the gym. As others have noted, you do have to pay for parking, but I don't know of a another downtown Bellevue hotel that offers free parking.

1 Thank kwtech
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear kwtech, I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for the kind comments abaout our friendly associates because at Marriott, we strive to ensure that we provide the best hospitality service in the industry. As you pointed out in your headline, we are not a typical Courtyard and we do act more like a full-service hotel. We offer full-service amenities like a full restaurant, bar/lounge and plenty of meet-up places in the lobby. We also have a different décor not typical of Courtyards since our owners were able to design and implement a Feng Shui vibe throughout the whole hotel. As you mentioned, we do charge a parking fee, like other downtown hotels, given that we are in a location where parking can be hard to find. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel because it was the featured place to stay for a ballet competition. The hotel is located in an urban environment, and when I pulled into the parking area there were no easily available spaces to leave my car to check in so I kept going and found myself in the bowels of their parking garage complete with lots of not very helpful signs. After battling conflicting one-way arrows, I finally gave up and left the car somewhere deep in the parking garage and walked against traffic to finally blunder my way into the lobby. After that harrowing experience, things went well. Check in was smooth, and I appreciated that the clerk was able to find my Marriott Rewards number that I had neglected to include with the reservation. Although somewhat small, the room was quiet, clean, and tastefully furnished. The sleeper sofa for my teen-age daughter was of significantly better quality than most, but it did take up most of the unoccupied space in the room when it was opened.

There were a couple things I did not like that perhaps would not be negatives to some people. The first was that parking is $12 per day. I hate to pay for hotel parking, but at least it was somewhat excusable since the hotel is in a congested urban area. When traveling with family, I typically choose hotels that feature a buffet breakfast included in the price of the room. Courtyards do not include a buffet breakfast, and that is a big downside (to me). And an odd thing is that I did not receive a receipt upon checking out - kind of inconvenient later on when I had a question about the charge. Otherwise, this is a very good hotel that is close to restaurants for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
Green Features: Replacing towels is optional on multi-night stays. Okay with me.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Oskarduck
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you, Oskarduck, for your feedback about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your check-in process was quick and smooth and that your room exceeded your expectations. I sincerely apologize if you experienced some confusion with our parking garage. We do offer several parking spots for registration and luggage drop-off, but during the weekend of the ballet competition, we experienced a higher volume of guests which may have led to the registration spots being full. Also in our parking garage, we do offer elevators on each level that brings you promptly to the lobby. In reference to the parking fee, we do charge $12.00 given our downtown location in Bellevue where parking can be difficult to find.
Being a Courtyard brand, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, like some of our other Marriott brands, but we do offer certain “Stay for Breakfast” rates which would include breakfast. As for the inconvenience you experienced with your receipt, I truly apologize that you did not receive your finalized receipt under your door the morning of check-out. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback in order for our property to address the issues you experienced and I hope that will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, Ockarduck.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel in a good area of Bellevue. Was able to walk several places. The lobby is very nice and comfortable enough to spend a couple hours hanging out with friends by the small gas fireplace. The Seahawks won the NFC championship while we were there so the employees were very happy and festive.

Beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. If you've stayed at Courtyards previously you will find this one to be in the upper echelon. Not much else to say other than this a great choice in Bellevue that is close to most anything downtown!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank everyshadeofblue
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear everyshadeofblue, Go Seahawks! As you could probably tell, we get excited when our home team plays. I am delighted to hear to hear that we exceeded your expectations of a Courtyard by Marriott. With our recent remodel, our owners had hand-picked, specialty furniture brought in to make the public areas, as well as the guest rooms, be as comfortable and functional as possible for either impromptu work spaces or a casual hang-out spot. Our beds are different than other Courtyard beds because we have thicker mattresses, custom comforters and luxurious linens which make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. We are fortunate that we are in a great location of Downtown Bellevue as we have easy access to all the major highways and are within walking distance to over 350 restaurants, world-class shopping and a booming nightlife. Thank you, everyshadeofblue, for your feedback about your stay with us over this past weekend and hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was a great Courtyard. It is very conveniently located by the shopping. The room was clean and very comfortable. I found it to be slightly better than many of the other Courtyards I've stayed it. The room had a safe, a refrigerator and I liked the hair dryer very much for a hotel hair dryer. I was traveling during the week for a training across the way and this place really helped me have a good trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, dphiem, for your kind words and comments about our property. As you pointed out, we are a bit different than some typical Courtyards with having an on-site Starbucks and unique décor that was hand-picked by our owners in order to create a feng shui atmosphere. Being a business traveler oriented hotel, we know how important it is to have amenities like mini-refrigerators, hair dryers and in-room safes. We always strive to be very efficient because we understand that you are on the go and need a hotel that can provide amazing service all while keeping up with the hustle and bustle of our on-the-go travelers. I am very pleased to hear that we could make your trip enjoyable and that you would return on future visits to the area. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and I hope that we can accommodate you again on your next training!