“Not your average Courtyard”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Blue Bell, PA
“Not your average Courtyard”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is not your average Courtyard. 'Is more like a full service hotel, just with the Courtyard name. So, if you're thinking minimal service, this hotel provides much more. I like the friendliness of the staff, and the food at the full service restaurant. The lobby bar area, where they have multiple TVs and lounge chairs for eating and conversations, is a great meetup place. The rooms are large and so is the gym. As others have noted, you do have to pay for parking, but I don't know of a another downtown Bellevue hotel that offers free parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kwtech
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear kwtech, I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for the kind comments abaout our friendly associates because at Marriott, we strive to ensure that we provide the best hospitality service in the industry. As you pointed out in your headline, we are not a typical Courtyard and we do act more like a full-service hotel. We offer full-service amenities like a full restaurant, bar/lounge and plenty of meet-up places in the lobby. We also have a different décor not typical of Courtyards since our owners were able to design and implement a Feng Shui vibe throughout the whole hotel. As you mentioned, we do charge a parking fee, like other downtown hotels, given that we are in a location where parking can be hard to find. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel because it was the featured place to stay for a ballet competition. The hotel is located in an urban environment, and when I pulled into the parking area there were no easily available spaces to leave my car to check in so I kept going and found myself in the bowels of their parking garage complete with lots of not very helpful signs. After battling conflicting one-way arrows, I finally gave up and left the car somewhere deep in the parking garage and walked against traffic to finally blunder my way into the lobby. After that harrowing experience, things went well. Check in was smooth, and I appreciated that the clerk was able to find my Marriott Rewards number that I had neglected to include with the reservation. Although somewhat small, the room was quiet, clean, and tastefully furnished. The sleeper sofa for my teen-age daughter was of significantly better quality than most, but it did take up most of the unoccupied space in the room when it was opened.

There were a couple things I did not like that perhaps would not be negatives to some people. The first was that parking is $12 per day. I hate to pay for hotel parking, but at least it was somewhat excusable since the hotel is in a congested urban area. When traveling with family, I typically choose hotels that feature a buffet breakfast included in the price of the room. Courtyards do not include a buffet breakfast, and that is a big downside (to me). And an odd thing is that I did not receive a receipt upon checking out - kind of inconvenient later on when I had a question about the charge. Otherwise, this is a very good hotel that is close to restaurants for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
Green Features: Replacing towels is optional on multi-night stays. Okay with me.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Oskarduck
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you, Oskarduck, for your feedback about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your check-in process was quick and smooth and that your room exceeded your expectations. I sincerely apologize if you experienced some confusion with our parking garage. We do offer several parking spots for registration and luggage drop-off, but during the weekend of the ballet competition, we experienced a higher volume of guests which may have led to the registration spots being full. Also in our parking garage, we do offer elevators on each level that brings you promptly to the lobby. In reference to the parking fee, we do charge $12.00 given our downtown location in Bellevue where parking can be difficult to find.
Being a Courtyard brand, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, like some of our other Marriott brands, but we do offer certain “Stay for Breakfast” rates which would include breakfast. As for the inconvenience you experienced with your receipt, I truly apologize that you did not receive your finalized receipt under your door the morning of check-out. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback in order for our property to address the issues you experienced and I hope that will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, Ockarduck.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel in a good area of Bellevue. Was able to walk several places. The lobby is very nice and comfortable enough to spend a couple hours hanging out with friends by the small gas fireplace. The Seahawks won the NFC championship while we were there so the employees were very happy and festive.

Beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. If you've stayed at Courtyards previously you will find this one to be in the upper echelon. Not much else to say other than this a great choice in Bellevue that is close to most anything downtown!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank everyshadeofblue
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear everyshadeofblue, Go Seahawks! As you could probably tell, we get excited when our home team plays. I am delighted to hear to hear that we exceeded your expectations of a Courtyard by Marriott. With our recent remodel, our owners had hand-picked, specialty furniture brought in to make the public areas, as well as the guest rooms, be as comfortable and functional as possible for either impromptu work spaces or a casual hang-out spot. Our beds are different than other Courtyard beds because we have thicker mattresses, custom comforters and luxurious linens which make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. We are fortunate that we are in a great location of Downtown Bellevue as we have easy access to all the major highways and are within walking distance to over 350 restaurants, world-class shopping and a booming nightlife. Thank you, everyshadeofblue, for your feedback about your stay with us over this past weekend and hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was a great Courtyard. It is very conveniently located by the shopping. The room was clean and very comfortable. I found it to be slightly better than many of the other Courtyards I've stayed it. The room had a safe, a refrigerator and I liked the hair dryer very much for a hotel hair dryer. I was traveling during the week for a training across the way and this place really helped me have a good trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, dphiem, for your kind words and comments about our property. As you pointed out, we are a bit different than some typical Courtyards with having an on-site Starbucks and unique décor that was hand-picked by our owners in order to create a feng shui atmosphere. Being a business traveler oriented hotel, we know how important it is to have amenities like mini-refrigerators, hair dryers and in-room safes. We always strive to be very efficient because we understand that you are on the go and need a hotel that can provide amazing service all while keeping up with the hustle and bustle of our on-the-go travelers. I am very pleased to hear that we could make your trip enjoyable and that you would return on future visits to the area. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and I hope that we can accommodate you again on your next training!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2013

What a nightmare! My daughters and I went for one night for shopping and fun. I checked online and this hotel had great reviews. The room was nice, clean and updated. We got back to our hotel by 10:30 and went to bed. What proceeded to happen was the following: wake ups by obnoxious , loud guests repeatedly all night. We woke at 2:00 am and opened our window hoping that the street noise would help. It didn't. When we tried to close the window it was jammed. A girl came up, but couldn't fix it. Then a maintenance guy came and he fixed it. We continued to be disturbed and woken up all night until it stopped at around 4:00 am. Then somebody called our room and woke us up again. At 8:30?! There was nobody on the line so I'm not sure who that was. In the morning I went to the front desk to tell the staff what happened. They were apologetic and told me there had been a rave across the street and that many of the people were staying at the hotel! They admitted they had an usual number of noise complaints. The problem it seems is that these party goers were staying on my floor ( maybe others too) and were going up and down the hallways to each others rooms. While I was complaining another guest came over and said that she too had been on the 3 rd floor. She had only 2 hrs of sleep and swore she would not be back. Although the staff we're sorry, nobody offered to do anything. I asked for a manager but nobody was available. I checked out, paid my bill and said I would come back later to speak to the manager. I went back at around 8:00 pm and spoketo the front desk supervisor. She didn't seem aware of who I was, or my experiences. She did ask for my name and read some notes. She commented " you had some noise and a window issue"- really? I think it was considerably more than that. I proceeded to tell her my experience in detail. She said she was sorry but wasn't overly concerned. She said wanted us to come back and said she would take care of our bill.

I assumed it was a given my room would be refunded, we got no sleep! That is the most important aspect of your hotel stay - quality of sleep. As there were many of us affected by the ravers that night I am shocked she didn't offer more. If she really wanted to get us to give them another shot she should have offered some free nights. A refund is the least I expected!We go to Bellevue quite often and I thought I had found a great location but I won't be going back. The true test of service is how a terrible experience is handled and this was NOT handled well. I just felt she acted like it wasn't really their fault and that the redund was some big gesture to make it right. It didn't. At least I gave them a chance to rectify the experience, I wonder how many other unhappy guests just left and won't ever go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jill S
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Jill S, I appreciate you taking the time to compose your feedback about your stay with us in detail so that I may gather a better understanding of the events that took place. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you and your daughters had during your stay and I completely understand how frustrating it must have been to have your quality of sleep effected by other guests at the hotel. As you can see by the reviews, the issues you encountered during your stay are not typical of our property and I would hope that this would not hinder you from staying with us again. I will be passing this feedback to all our departments to ensure this isn’t repeated. We would love to have you stay with us on future shopping trips and experience the great service and amenities we have to offer. Thank you again, Jill S, for your feedback
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Good location (downtown Bellevue), within walking distance to Bellevue Square or a short taxi/bus ride to the Crossroads mall. Breakfasts are good but could be a bit cheaper. I visited in December and the room was pretty cold for my taste - however, the only way to heat it is via AC. It took another full day before the temperature went up to a decent level - but be warned that the AC cannot do more than 22C/71F (although the settings go higher, this is as high as the real temperature got). No bathrobe. TV has good selection of channels and the complimentary wifi internet was OK for emails and browsing. If you are a Microsoft vendor, you cannot get the Microsoft rate at this hotel - it's only available for FTEs. Sleep quality was OK despite some construction work taking place nearby. There is a small gym and a pool which I didn't have time to try out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear LuKri, I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts about our property. I would like to sincerely apologize for the room temperature issues you experienced during your stay with us and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our maintenance staff is dedicated to ensuring everything is in working order and it sounds like yours was not performing at its best. I would like to gather more information from you in order to address the issue to ensure it is not repeated and have my engineering team look into this. In regards to the bathrobes, we do offer them as an additional amenity in our suites. As for the Wi-Fi we offer, we have two different tiers depending on your need. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi, as you mentioned, and we also offer an upgraded high-speed internet for purchase. I do apologize for the construction noise that may have attributed to your sleep quality and I appreciate your feedback about this so that we can address the issue. We completely understand that our business travelers need their sleep and that is why our owners have invested in the latest noise-cancelling windows on the market and why we offer complimentary earplugs at the Front Desk in case it is needed. I hope that we have another opportunity to accommodate you so that you may experience the hotel again and try out all the amenities we have to offer. Again, thank you LuKri for your feedback as it will only help us to become a better hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This Courtyard is laid out just like all of the others. When you get into the room, you don't know which Courtyard you're in. But that is a good thing - always a nice, clean room. The lobby and lounge/bar area have been updated in this hotel and there is a Starbucks in the basement. The location of this Courtyard is ideal if you have meetings or are attending a conference in Bellevue. It is also easy walking distance to many of the high end shops and wonderful restaurants that Bellevue has to offer. The Mall is several blocks away, but very walkable. This hotel also has easy access to the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you casa1234 for your wonderful feedback about our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our property was accommodating for your visit to Bellevue. As you pointed out, Marriott strives to ensure there is consistency within the brands and that every Courtyard you stay at should always be the same in terms of pleasant accommodations and cleanliness. Once you tour the hotel, you do see differences between properties which make each one unique. For our location, you mentioned how we have the on-site Starbucks which isn’t typical of Courtyards. Also, we are very fortunate to be in a prime location like Downtown Bellevue where everything you could need is within walking distance and the highways have easy access for shooting over to Seattle. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about our property and hopefully we can accommodate you again in the future!