“Great Customer Service”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times and the staff has always been friendly and courteous. There were a couple of examples on my last visit that I thought was worth mentioning:

The first one had nothing to do with me. I was at the desk when a lady came up and reported that her key didn’t work. I have had this happen many times and usually the desk staff will reset the key, hand it to you, and move on to the next thing. There were a couple of people working the desk – the young man reset the key and went upstairs with the lady to make sure everything was okay.

The second was the response received to a heating problem I had in my room – I couldn’t seem to get any hot air to blow. I called the front desk and they offered to send Maintenance up. I told them I needed to leave in 15 minutes … Maintenance was at my door in under 5 minutes and the problem was resolved in under 10 minutes.

Great customer service from the front desk to the café staff and the great location makes this hotel a great choice. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank psull2001
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you psull2001 for your response and feedback. We always enjoy getting comments about the exceptional service we provide. The statements about the customer service you witnessed and received sends an incredible message to everyone that reads this. We appreciate the time it took to write this response and we hope to see you in the future.

Rick Tupper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'm not an experienced traveler or user of hotels, but this hotel worked for me. The service was excellent, everyone I came in contact with were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, especially the bed, and the wi-fi was quick and reliable. I could FaceTime my kids in Australia without fuss.
It's about three blocks from shopping and restaurants at Bellevue Square, an easy and safe walk. There are plenty of choices for shopping and eating if you like malls. Not much else happens around the hotel but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I hd a room overlooking the street and it was quiet.
The Bellevue transport centre is one block away and an easy, 30 minute, $2.50 ride in to downtown Seattle.
All up it was a good place to stay and if I was passing that way again would stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NBaker17
Thank you NBaker17 for your response and feedback. We always enjoy getting comments about the great service we provide in addition to our desirable location. I appreciate the time it took to write this response and we hope to see you in the future in your travels to the US.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was the last of 3 hotels my wife and I stayed at during our week-long anniversary trip to Seattle and Victoria, BC. We managed to get a great rate on this room, so I definitely feel like we got a lot for what we paid for, which is always a great thing! We just had a standard King room facing the courtyard/inner area, which was certainly nothing to brag about in terms of a view. However, having the convenience of a full-retail Starbucks in the lobby more than offset any negative feelings about the lack of a view. (We're those kind of people that are out enjoying the area all day anyway, so it really didn't affect us in any way for this leg of the trip). Also, the lobby area is very nice and the parking area is so secure it feels like you're entering Fort Knox. Seriously, if something happens to your car while in this garage, a fellow hotel guest did it. In addition, the staff was very nice and the room was clean and spacious. We didn't take advantage of the prime location as much as we could have, but the hotel is perfectly positioned within walking distance to Bellevue Square or any of the other new shopping areas around downtown Bellevue. All in all, we were very much satisfied in this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nheilig
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response nheilig! We always happy to hear good comments about our hotel and the amenities we offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

LA, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

There seems to be Identity crisis going on at this chain of hotels. I always get confused, is it mariott, courtyard, residence, bellevue, seattle, downtown??? They need better ID's.

I liked this hotel. Very convenient and comfortable. Starbucks and Subway downstairs. It is mid-priced but you don't feel like you have to wear tuxedo showing up. The room was spacious, quiet, clean, new. Feels like the 'right kind of' hotel that attaches to the next door (bravern shopping complex).

There are couple of things stops me from giving the full five star:

1. Parking. It's in a basement dingy maze experience for 12 bucks, strictly segregated between retail dedicated (more convenient) and hotel guests (inconvenient). Parking spots on the P2 and P3 are extremely narrow and crowded (was touching line with a compact size), where P4 level seemed a bit wider, so you could park your huge SUV rental if you keep going down.

2. In-room cheap coffee was horrible. Why not use Seattle's? It's off-brand coffee with cheaped-out sugar and creamer. My start of the day came off pretty bad because of this sip of coffee. No to-go-cups either. They are probably saving a dollar or two per room by doing this.

3. No in-room breakfast. I at least didn't see any brochure/door hang regarding this. They do offer free breakfast but I'd like to eat while I'm ironing a shirt.

Make sure you request a room that is away from the main street. There seems to be quite a bit fast&furious going on at nights. Otherwise, I'd stay here again happily, probably with my own set of coffee.

Room Tip: AWAY from 8th st!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you canyondrive for your response and feedback. We always enjoy getting comments about our desirable location and areas we can improve on. I appreciate the time it took to write this response and we hope to see you in the future!

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays,

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My family drove to Bellevue for a two day shopping trip. We chose The Courtyard Bellevue Downtown because of the price and location. It was two minutes from the exit from I-405. The reception was very efficient and we got to our room quickly. The parking was $12 per night but the spaces were tight. The room was decently appointed for the 3 star rating. The breakfast was included. Wi-fi worked great.

It was also a great location for shoppers like us. The Bellevue Square Mall was five minutes away with lots of nice restaurants around. We hopped onto I-405, then to I-90 and we were in Seattle downtown in 15 minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you VCR_traveler515 for your feedback and response. We are always happy to hear about our convienent location to the great shopipng and dinning we have in our area. We appreciate the time it took to write this response and we hope to be able to accomodate you in the future for your shopping trips!

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This us good for business and entertainment. East to reach for both. This us my first time to visit to bellevue area, and we loved this place. Clean and safe. If you want to visit there, i highly recommendthis hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your response and feedback about our hotel and the great location. We are happy you had a great first stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Vancouver BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel has been renovated within the last year and the public areas and rooms are very nicely decorated. We were a short walk to Bellevue shopping and dining. Aside from the bigger restaurants at Bellevue Square, the area had a lot of smaller neighbourhood places. Staff was friendly. I liked that the window in our room opened - and when closed we couldn't hear any traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Moose1422 for your response. We always look forward to comments about our recently renovated hotel and friendly staff. We look forward seeing you again!