“Great property in Bellevue!”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“Great property in Bellevue!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After taking a 1 day cruise from Vancouver to Seattle, we decided to extend our stay and do some shopping and dining in Bellevue. Friends we were travelling with booked this hotel due to the fact it had a "night before" cancellation policy (we weren't 100% sure we were going to extend our stay at the time of booking).

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice girl at the front desk. She mentioned she had lived in Vancouver (unfort. I forget her name). She offered us maps and information about the area. We had stayed in Bellevue before but it had been awhile. Check in was quick, parking was around $15/nt?... the other couple we were with paid for parking.

Our rooms were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the "Courtyard". I was happily surprised with the room, it was quite lovely and big. A nice sofa, ottoman and TV, work desk and free WIFI. I loved how the bed was orientated so it looked out over the window. The bed was super-comfy. I just recently stayed at a Westin property (which was amazing) who's claim to fame is their comfy beds but I would say this bed rivaled that of the Westin. The bathroom was very large and clean. One point I really loved was inside the armour, there was an umbrella for the guests to use. Nice touch! We checked out the pool & hot tub area which looked really nice but it was full of kids and this was a weekend away from our kids for us so we decided to skip the pool.

We only stayed the one night and didn't use the restaurant in the hotel although I looked at the happy hour menu (5-7 pm? I believe) and it looked like a great deal. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which we used but you could also make coffee in-room.

I would def. recommend this property for your stay in Bellevue... it's easy walking distance to all the great shops & restaurants. Make sure to check out Top Pot Donuts (a couple of blocks away) for a treat :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and feedback lululadies! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departmentsand people are recognized . We look forward to seeing you again!

Rick Tupper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My grandbabies were delivered at Overlake Hospital last week, and we needed 3 rooms for the weekend - close to the hospital (4 minutes away). I'm originally from Bellevue and always enjoy getting back to the eastside. This property has a very new and modern feel. All the staff was gracious and helpful. The restaurant food (breakfast) was good and the wait staff was attentive. The location has great access to the freeway as well as downtown Bellevue. I was surprised by the low weekend room rate. Rooms were new, clean and roomy. Remote control for the tv didn't work well and the bathroom towels were a little thin - but overall pretty good value. If it stays this affordable I'm sure we will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and feedback Lonestar1301! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location in addition to items that may need to be resolved. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized and address the issue with the TV remote and towles in the guests rooms. We look forward to seeing you again!

Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had not stayed here for the last 2 1/2 years due to lack of availability or high priced rooms but I was very glad I returned for a 16 day stay. The bar staff and breakfast staff were mainly the same (which says a great deal in the hospitality industry) and they remembered me which made me feel very comfortable as a lone traveller. The staff here are all very gracious and kind and when I had difficulty with my TV they sorted it out promptly. Having an onsite laundry on each floor is a great bonus when you are away for weeks at a time. Food is good although the menu hasn't changed very much in the intervening years and I didn't eat in a great deal in my 16 days so I could get some variety. I requested a quiet room on a high floor before I arrived and I had the quietest suite in the hotel I think.

The location is great for me, I can get out of Bellevue to my office very easily and if I want to go into the Mall area it is only about 4 blocks walk.

The carparking is always a bit of a trial. The card reader at the gate into the underground garage is highly temperamental (no change in the last 3 years!) and the parking spaces are extremely tight with little room for manoeuvre. I have scraped a number of rental cars over the years on the pillars and most of the spaces are for compact cars which isn't generally what people are driving. I had a mid-size and had to go to the lowest floor to find space where I wasn't crammed in. I didn't scrape my car this time but I saw at least two people hit pillars whilst I was there. The colours on the pillars are like rainbows.

The Starbucks onsite stays open much longer than it did before which is great and the bar was generally much more lively than I remember so both those were welcome changes. The less welcome change was the lack of a breakfast buffet. It is all A la Carte now and whilst the breakfast is very good I only had it at weekends as I didn't have time to sit down and wait during the week.

I will go back if price and availability are favourable as this hotel is much more welcoming than some others I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for an inward facing room to avoid the noisy roads (NE8th and 112th are both busy from very earl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments and feedback Alison W! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location in addition to short comings we have. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized and address the garage card reader. We look forward to seeing you again!

Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Courtyard is located is downtown Bellevue. It appears to have been updated recently and was very nice. The rooms were large as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and had LOTS of pillows. There was a small microwave and refrigerator in thr room. It was perfect since I had leftovers from dinner that I wanted to take home. The staff were all very professional and accomodated my request for a late checkout since I was running in the Bellevue 10K/5K run and wanted to be able to shower after the race. There are a lot of restaurant choices within walking distance. I would defitinely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grove911
Thank you for your compliments and feedback grove911 ! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized . We look forward to seeing you again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days at this hotel (Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown) and it was fantastic. Their front desk reception was very friendly and courteous. We had a standard room that was overlooking the courtyard and it was spacious and VERY CLEAN!! We were also very happy with all their staff who we were kind enough to help us with directions, recommendations for restaurants and shopping etc. This hotel is across the street from great shopping and within walking distance to a few good restaurants and it's also really close to the highway which is great if you need to drive around. When we come back Seattle/Bellevue we'll be staying here for sure!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and feedback toni121! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized . We look forward to seeing you again!

Winlock, Washington
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for three nights to attend the WEA RA at the Meydenbauer Center. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the center, and I was pleased with the results. The next time I attend an event at Meydenbauer Center, I will choose this property again. The hotel is very close to I-405, and easy to find.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in at 12:30 PM was no problem. The lobby is spacious and very inviting. There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel...great for the early morning caffeine fix! There is also a Subway next to the Starbucks, which I ate breakfast at twice. There are many restaurants a shopping opportunities within easy walking distance from the hotel. Downtown Bellevue is very pedestrian friendly...lots of open spaces between buildings with places to relax. The hotel is an easy two block walk to the Bellevue Transit Center.
The king bed room was well equipped for a relaxing stay. An awesome work desk and chair, sofa, large ottoman, flat screen TV (with audio/video inputs) , closet (with a safe...big enough for a laptop), dresser, night stands, refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was easy to maneuver in as well. I was on the interior of the hotel which overlooked a courtyard...very quiet...I slept well. My room was behind the elevator, but I never heard it. Free and fast Wi-Fi. Parking is $12 a night.

Room Tip: Interior room was quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments and feedback drmorf! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized . We look forward to seeing you again!

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I traveled with my husband while he visited Bellevue for business. His job takes him to this main office branch regularly. This was my first time staying at the Courtyard. It lies within walking distance of Bellevue Town Center and the beautiful walking trail that circles the park just steps outside of the mall. The rooms are not large but adequate and include a refrigerator and double level desk and loveseat. The maid service was prompt and attentive. While staying at the hotel, we breakfasted each day at the restaurant. The staff was superb! Both young ladies went above and beyond courtesy to take care of our every need, even to the point of getting us disposable cups to go and microwaving my coffee after I added my cold almond milk brought for my dietary needs. The small market in the lobby contains a microwave making it handy to warm up any leftovers. The lobby possesses several inviting couches and seating arrangements with tables for entertaining clients or just providing a place to work outside the confinement of the hotel room. Overall, it was a satisfactory experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments and feedback Tammy F ! We are always happy to receive responses about the hotels great service and desirable location. I will happily pass your comments on to the rest of our Leadership Team and associates so the appropriate departments are recognized . We look forward to seeing you again!