“Do Not Stay Here....They Do Not Clean the Rooms. Gross!!”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“Do Not Stay Here....They Do Not Clean the Rooms. Gross!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently made a reservation online for two rooms at the Courtyard Marriott Bellevue Downtown (near Seattle). I was traveling with members of my family, including my two small children. On January 3rd we arrived to learn we had not been placed into adjoining rooms, despite numerous calls to request this, and that we were also not placed in a quieter area of the hotel, rather facing directly the intersection of two major streets and near the elevator. It was very loud. The front desk staff understood that I was frustrated with this and sought to try and secure an adjoining room. We were told to return later so the adjoining room could be cleaned for us. Later, we returned to occupy this adjoining room and go to sleep. Upon entering the room, we found various personal items belonging to the previous guests including used hygiene products, half eaten food in the fridge, and garbage throughout. The in room safe was not functional and the telephone also did not work. We notified the front desk staff who came to collect the garbage and other items. The front desk staff seemed to be less than happy to be having to deal with this situation. However, they agreed to pass a message to the hotel management the next morning. At this point, began to settle into the room and moved to the bed to go to sleep. Upon lifting the comforter, we discovered soiled under garments belonging to the previous guests. DISGUSTING!!! This obviously enraged us and was indicative of the fact that the hotel staff had not in fact cleaned the room, but rather simply tried (poorly I might add) to cover up the the mess left by the previous guests. I attended the front desk with a photo of the bed and spoke with the front counter staff who seemed ill equipped to handle the situation. No house keeping staff was working and only essential hotel staff was available (security and maintenance personnel). The front desk person began to try and locate us new rooms, however, as it was now past midnight, I told him I wouldn't awaken my kids for this purpose. I asked him to supply us with clean sheets and bedding so we could remake our own beds and advised him we would follow up with management in the morning. I was escorted to the laundry facility and was provided the required items. I returned to the room and we remade the beds and went to sleep. Our night was neither restful or comfortable. This hotel is terrible. DO NOT STAY HERE. Many other hotels nearby are much cleaner, quieter, and more concerned about their guests.

Room Tip: Dont stay here...the hotel is poorly run and the rooms are not cleaned well, if at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank K K
jennifer h, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Marriott has the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. We take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, Marriott has established very strict standards of cleanliness for all its hotels that either meet or exceed public health department regulations. In the unusual event we are made aware of a concern, we respond immediately to the situation and take the appropriate steps to remediate the problem.

We sincerely apologize that your time with us did not meet your expectations. We regret how frustrating this must have been for you. Thank you for speaking with us, both during and after your stay so that we could work to make things better.

Thank you again for your feedback: we have shared your comments with our associates to improve our operations for future guests. We hope that Marriott will be given the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Hutcheon
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a shopping trip. Check in was smooth but a bit slow. We arrived around 7pm and only one staff was working at the front desk. Then we found out parking is now $10/night (I remember it used to be complimentary). Take extra caution when maneuvering in the parkade because it's designed quite awkwardly. We almost got hit by another careless driver who was backing up too fast.

Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard. There wasn't much of a view but that's alright. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Wifi works very well. There is also a small pool on our floor but we didn't have our swimming suit with us. We are very happy with this hotel and would definitely return

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank crossover604
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us crossover_0403 and that you would return to our property. Our rooms are very comfortable and offer great amenities such as wifi. I apologize for the obstacles you encountered while trying to park in our garage and that your check-in process was a bit slow. I appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback about our property so that we can have the chance of making our property better.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed there for only one night and found the room very comfortable and up-to-date. They are still renovating the lobby area, but the rooms seemed to be completed. There is underground, secured parking, which is very nice ($10/day). They also have complimentary wireless, which is very nice. If you want to stay in downtown Bellevue for a reasonable cost, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cary W
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Caryjames for your comments about our property. I am so happy to hear that everything was great with your stay. We are still undergoing renovations but we are very excited about the progress and what is to come with the final product. Most of our guest rooms are completely renovated already and the lobby is not far behind. Our underground parking is separated from the retail parking area with key-only access which only guests and employees have entry to. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel and I hope that we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future!

Annapolis, MD
Reviewed December 5, 2012

When we arrived, they were still in the midst of their renovation, so part of the lobby was boarded up, but decorated for Christmas. Initially they gave us a room on the fifth floor that hadn't been renovated yet and told us we should visit the 2nd and 3rd floor and see how beautiful they were. We thought that was a bit strange...why not put us in a renovated room instead of telling us to visit the renovated floors? Naturally we asked if they had any renovated rooms available. They said they did and so we stayed on the 3rd floor instead.

The rooms was beautifully appointed with all the amenities you could want and the bed was very comfortable. We loved having Starbucks right in the hotel and ate breakfast there each morning, though they also have a restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is right in the heart of Bellevue, so everything was close by and convenient. We absolutely loved the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If they're still renovating, ask for a room that has already been renovated. ;o)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback about our property Navyav8r. We are very lucky to be in a great location in Bellevue which offers amazing restaurants and shopping. I am glad that you loved the Starbucks in the hotel because this is a feature that makes our property quite unique. While we are still undergoing renovations, we strive to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible and enjoy their stay, as it seems you did. I apologize about the initial issue you had with the first room you were appointed but I am happy that we were able to get you onto one of the newly renovated floors. Thank you for the wonderful comments on the newly renovated room and I hope you will be back to see the new lobby!

Charlotte
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night. It's right in downtown Bellevue, just a block or so off the expressway. It's an easy walk to some of Bellevue's top restaurants (John Howie Steak is right across the street). Parking is in an on-site garage, which can get a little crowded. We found this Courtyard to be very nice, and an incredible value (less than $100 on a weekend stay) compared to other good hotels we considered before booking this one. The lobby decor is contemporary, as are the rooms. Our King Room was comfortable, well equipped and had all the trappings of a good business hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and energetic. Breakfast was on a par with what you expect from a Courtyard. Overall, we were quite impressed. This appears to be a great place to stay as an alternative to downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Our room had a view into the courtyard looking at other rooms across the way. So you might want to r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much Ichjr for your very kind comments about our hotel and staff. I am thrilled to hear that you were impressed and had a good time with us. We are very lucky that our property is located in the perfect area that offers convenient restaurants and shopping which makes for a great weekend getaway or a place to unwind after a long day of meetings. I appreciate your feedback about the hotel and I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for 9 nights last October on business, and I really enjoyed it. The location is brilliant, right by some nice bars and restaurants. There's a cute cheap Japanese restaurant nearby. And the Bellevue Transit Centre is a couple of blocks away.

Staff were amazing. From check in to asking about little things, to arranging an affordable towncar for going to the airport.

Wifi was good, and the room was quite big. I had a nice big fridge as well so I could store fruit, yoghurt etc. There's a Starbucks located right off the lobby, so you don't have go outside to grab a coffee.

My first stay in a Courtyard Inn. Really impressed with it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us AlexCG79. From the moment you arrive at our property until you leave, we strive to make sure you have the best experience and ensure all your needs are exceeded. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of the city, close to fabulous bars, restaurants and transportation. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property and staff. Our associates love what they do and it shows in their customer service. I hope that we will have the pleasure of accommodating you on your next business trip.
Orting, WA
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We decided on a last minute get-away to Bellevue to do some Christmas shopping, visit the BAM (Bellevue Art Museum), and see the Christmas lights at the Botanical Gardens. Not being too familiar with the area, we chose the Courtyard based on its easy to find location (not far off of I-405 and within walking distance of Bellevue Square), as well as the very reasonable rate we found on the internet. The hotel was exactly what we had been looking for - the staff was very friendly and helpful; we enjoyed a very pleasant and clean room (couch/sofa bed was a bit hard for sitting on), there is a Starbucks right off the lobby, and we were close enough to walk pretty much everywhere - Barnes & Noble, Bellevue Square, the museum, restaurants, etc. Parking (for a nominal fee) is in a secured lot and was convenient, but spaces are a bit tight. The lobby is currently under construction, so can't comment much on that, other than to say they have it walled off so it isn't too much of a distraction. Overall, we had a wonderful time, much of it do to the comfortable, relaxed, friendly stay we enjoyed at the Courtyard!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Pleasestopme and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property and staff. Our associates strive to make sure you have a great time and that all of your needs are exceeded. We are very lucky to be in the perfect location for highway convenience, delicious restaurants and superb shopping. Our property is unique due to the on-site Starbucks and soon the finished renovations which you should come back and see. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you on your next last minute getaway.