“Another Marriott... another AWESOME experiance”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Ogden, Utah
“Another Marriott... another AWESOME experiance”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I travel weekly for work..have been for 12+ years... I have come to rely on consistent excellent service from Marriott which the Courtyard Bellevue delivered.. Thank you for maintaining what we the business traveler needs to feel comfortable, safe, and able to have all of our travel needs met..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AdamsLM
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
AdamsLM, I appreciate you taking the time to write feedback about your experiences with our property. As a Courtyard, we cater to the business traveler, such as yourself, and we want to make sure that you have everything you need to have a success business trip while being able to relax after a long day. Thank you so much for your kind words about our reliability to deliver excellent service time and time again. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again and deliver that service you’ve come to enjoy!

Front Desk Lead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Great Northwest
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We just stayed at this property two nights ago and were pleasantly surprised. Not being familiar with Bellevue it seemed a little hard to find but we were glad we did! The entrance is inviting and the lobby/open cafe area has a fun vibe. I just love a fireplace burning in a lobby you immediately feel warm and cozy. Our rate was booked through Expedia so it was a real value at 100 including tax. Breakfast was not included but that was not a problem since most breakfasts hotels include are inedible. The cafe in the lobby had a great variety, healthy options and at least 5 coffee/latte choices . The king bed was comfortable and nicely made with fresh white linens. The temperature in the room is nicely controlled by a thermostat that is easily understandable. The hotel was quiet at night. The room is small but the flat screen and closet with lots of storage is nice. Only two problems. First, no fan/ventilation in the bathroom when you have a small room is unpleasant. Second the sofa bed was a miserable place to sleep. A serious upgrade is needed there. By far the best asset is the staff! They were very helpful and friendly. Because of a golfing injury we couldn't stay the second night we had reserved . This was a non-issue because of the friendly staff and and common sense policies of Marriot. We will definitely stay here again and look forward to it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Momika777
Momika777, I am thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us! First and foremost, thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We have wonderful associates that truly love what they do and are overjoyed to accommodate our guests. At our property, we want it to feel like your home-away-from-home with the fireplace and the warm tones and accents in the lobby. Our hotel is also very quiet given our downtown location because our owners invested in the very best noise-cancelling windows. As for the minor issues you had, we are starting to renovate our whole hotel and your feedback definitely helps pinpoint issues that maybe we were not aware of and now can address during this time. I truly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to express how your stay was. We look forward to the next time we can accommodate you!

Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am not a fan of the way this courtyard has organized its bar/restaurant. It is not flexible and offers limited choice.
Secondly the gym room is too hot and too small although equipment was in acceptable state.
Thirdly the ice machine in the hallway (2nd floor) is truly very noizy.
rooms are ok, bed is good,etc.
The staff is one of the biggest assets of this hotel. Efficient, helpful and friendly.
If i could, id rate this 3,5stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steven V
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you Steven V for taking the time to comment on our property. I appreciate your kind words about our wonderful staff. They truly care about the guests and love what they do and that shows. I am so sorry that you had some issues during your stay. We will be going through renovations soon and your feedback about the accomodation issues helps us to see what areas need a little improvement. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accomodate you again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here for my business trips and always found this to be very comfortable, convenient and overall good value.
They have added few amenities lately that help your stay comfortable.
They do go out of their way to accommodate my needs, even when I have showed up and had to extend my stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Picky_Taverler
BellevueCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you Picky_Taverler for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. At our property, the staff does everything they can to go above and beyond your needs even if it is last minute. We truly value our guests and realize that traveling can be unpredictable. Since we are a business oriented hotel, we have great, convenient amenities that reflect, like an attached Starbucks for those early morning meetings. I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you on your stay and hopefully we will see you again. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed away from most Courtyards lately, unless I have no other options as I have found many of them to be quite dated. This one, however, while a little stodgy, has been updated.

The room was well laid out, the bed quite comfortable and the TV almost fully upgraded to HD. My room had an ipod dock clock, which is a must-have these days. I faced the internal courtyard which made the room a little darker during the day.

The gym, while not huge had up-to-date machines and was very clean.

The staff was very pleasant at the front desk, but the garage, while free for guests, was quite tight down in the bowels of the earth.

Overall, if I had to be in Bellevue again, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MattNY
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much MattNY for taking the time to comment on our property and wonderful staff. I’m so happy that you had a pleasantly unexpected experience staying here. We are different than many other Courtyards because our owners wanted to create a feng shui atmosphere and you realize that the moment you walk through the doors. We also have updated amenities such as the iPod Docks and High Definition Television in every room. I am very thrilled to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable and that we would have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Shadoe Stein, Front Desk Lead
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in town for a youth soccer tournament this past weekend and courtyard Bellevue Downtown was this trips hotel. Checking-in was simple, they had our reservations, handed us keys and away we went. We had a room with 2 queens on the 4th floor. The room was nice, clean and everything was in order. The one disappointment was there was no microwave...that seems to be rare nowadays and when you have young soccer players who need lots of food throughout the weekend, having a microwave in room to whip up some meals would have been nice. Besides that, the room met the rest of our needs.

One big complaint that really needs to be addressed is the noise of the in room air conditioner. It was set to 70 and would cycle on and off very often throughout the night. The motor was extremely loud and would wake us up almost every time it cycled on. Our solution for the 2nd night was to crank the temp down to 65 while we were out during the day to get the room nice and chilly. Then when we went to bed we just turned off the air completely to avoid the noise and that worked like a charm. The room stayed comfortable throughout the night and without that motor noise the room was very quiet and peaceful. I asked another parent if his room had the same problem and he said it did. So either shut off the air at night or bring some good earplugs.

Other quick observations - hotel is fresh and nice, attractive lobby and sitting area with TV, parking garage was decent (very small spaces so if you have a big car it can be tight - but reasonably priced at $10 a night), breakfast was very good with lots of choices and a very friendly staff. It is right in the downtown Bellevue area so easy access to plenty of restaurants and shopping. Showers and bathrooms were nice with good water pressure and temperature.

The room rate was fair and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much Tico A. for taking the time to comment on our property. I am happy that you were able to check in with ease and that your room was clean and comfortable. We are very lucky to be situated in the heart of Bellevue surrounded by mouth-watering restaurants and superb shopping. In the majority of our rooms, we do not have microwaves but if you just call down to the front desk, we would be more than happy to bring one up to your room. I am so sorry that you were woken up by the air conditioner and I understand how frustrating that would be. When it comes to our air conditioner units, once the set temperature is reached, it will continually cycle throughout the day and night to maintain that temperature. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast because our kitchen staff creates some amazing food. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on issues you had during your stay so that we can see the ways we can improve our property.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have to say that we usually stay at less expensive hotels ( Holiday Inn Express) but had a wonderful stay with you....got to have a late check out 2:00 pm so that we had a place to visit with out kids from North Pole Alaska :-)
We also brought our dog who was treated just as nicely as we were! Thank you so much and we will be back!

Bud & sandy Cueto

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and for your kind words. I believe that you may have commented on the wrong property though due to the fact that we do not allow pets. I am happy to hear that your stay in our wonderful city of Bellevue. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you one day.