“excellent staff, issues with accomodation”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Breda, The Netherlands
“excellent staff, issues with accomodation”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am not a fan of the way this courtyard has organized its bar/restaurant. It is not flexible and offers limited choice.
Secondly the gym room is too hot and too small although equipment was in acceptable state.
Thirdly the ice machine in the hallway (2nd floor) is truly very noizy.
rooms are ok, bed is good,etc.
The staff is one of the biggest assets of this hotel. Efficient, helpful and friendly.
If i could, id rate this 3,5stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steven V
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you Steven V for taking the time to comment on our property. I appreciate your kind words about our wonderful staff. They truly care about the guests and love what they do and that shows. I am so sorry that you had some issues during your stay. We will be going through renovations soon and your feedback about the accomodation issues helps us to see what areas need a little improvement. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accomodate you again in the future.

Front Desk Lead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here for my business trips and always found this to be very comfortable, convenient and overall good value.
They have added few amenities lately that help your stay comfortable.
They do go out of their way to accommodate my needs, even when I have showed up and had to extend my stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Picky_Taverler
BellevueCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you Picky_Taverler for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. At our property, the staff does everything they can to go above and beyond your needs even if it is last minute. We truly value our guests and realize that traveling can be unpredictable. Since we are a business oriented hotel, we have great, convenient amenities that reflect, like an attached Starbucks for those early morning meetings. I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you on your stay and hopefully we will see you again. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed away from most Courtyards lately, unless I have no other options as I have found many of them to be quite dated. This one, however, while a little stodgy, has been updated.

The room was well laid out, the bed quite comfortable and the TV almost fully upgraded to HD. My room had an ipod dock clock, which is a must-have these days. I faced the internal courtyard which made the room a little darker during the day.

The gym, while not huge had up-to-date machines and was very clean.

The staff was very pleasant at the front desk, but the garage, while free for guests, was quite tight down in the bowels of the earth.

Overall, if I had to be in Bellevue again, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MattNY
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much MattNY for taking the time to comment on our property and wonderful staff. I’m so happy that you had a pleasantly unexpected experience staying here. We are different than many other Courtyards because our owners wanted to create a feng shui atmosphere and you realize that the moment you walk through the doors. We also have updated amenities such as the iPod Docks and High Definition Television in every room. I am very thrilled to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable and that we would have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Shadoe Stein, Front Desk Lead
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in town for a youth soccer tournament this past weekend and courtyard Bellevue Downtown was this trips hotel. Checking-in was simple, they had our reservations, handed us keys and away we went. We had a room with 2 queens on the 4th floor. The room was nice, clean and everything was in order. The one disappointment was there was no microwave...that seems to be rare nowadays and when you have young soccer players who need lots of food throughout the weekend, having a microwave in room to whip up some meals would have been nice. Besides that, the room met the rest of our needs.

One big complaint that really needs to be addressed is the noise of the in room air conditioner. It was set to 70 and would cycle on and off very often throughout the night. The motor was extremely loud and would wake us up almost every time it cycled on. Our solution for the 2nd night was to crank the temp down to 65 while we were out during the day to get the room nice and chilly. Then when we went to bed we just turned off the air completely to avoid the noise and that worked like a charm. The room stayed comfortable throughout the night and without that motor noise the room was very quiet and peaceful. I asked another parent if his room had the same problem and he said it did. So either shut off the air at night or bring some good earplugs.

Other quick observations - hotel is fresh and nice, attractive lobby and sitting area with TV, parking garage was decent (very small spaces so if you have a big car it can be tight - but reasonably priced at $10 a night), breakfast was very good with lots of choices and a very friendly staff. It is right in the downtown Bellevue area so easy access to plenty of restaurants and shopping. Showers and bathrooms were nice with good water pressure and temperature.

The room rate was fair and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much Tico A. for taking the time to comment on our property. I am happy that you were able to check in with ease and that your room was clean and comfortable. We are very lucky to be situated in the heart of Bellevue surrounded by mouth-watering restaurants and superb shopping. In the majority of our rooms, we do not have microwaves but if you just call down to the front desk, we would be more than happy to bring one up to your room. I am so sorry that you were woken up by the air conditioner and I understand how frustrating that would be. When it comes to our air conditioner units, once the set temperature is reached, it will continually cycle throughout the day and night to maintain that temperature. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast because our kitchen staff creates some amazing food. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on issues you had during your stay so that we can see the ways we can improve our property.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have to say that we usually stay at less expensive hotels ( Holiday Inn Express) but had a wonderful stay with you....got to have a late check out 2:00 pm so that we had a place to visit with out kids from North Pole Alaska :-)
We also brought our dog who was treated just as nicely as we were! Thank you so much and we will be back!

Bud & sandy Cueto

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and for your kind words. I believe that you may have commented on the wrong property though due to the fact that we do not allow pets. I am happy to hear that your stay in our wonderful city of Bellevue. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you one day.

Camas, Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We chose this property because of all the great reviews and because so many people said it was a quiet location. That is a joke. The hotel is located on a very busy street & the street noise and traffic noise was horrendous. It wasn't until after midnight that we finally were able to sleep. If you are a light sleeper, this is NOT the place for you. Otherwise, it is a very nice hotel and has a lovely breakfast.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in downtown Bellevue, stay at the back of this hotel for a quieter room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flycamas
BellevueCourtyard, Front Desk Lead at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Flycamas, I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience with us and that you did not have the quiet night as expected. We are in a central downtown location that sees its fair amount of traffic, but our owners installed the best sound proof windows available. Sometimes, we do experience some issues with the windows not being shut all the way and I would like to gather more information from you so that we could resolve the issue. Again, I apologize about the situation and I hope that you will give us the opportunity of accommodating you again in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property because it shows us areas that we can improve upon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have come to expect great things from Marriot and their properties. Jake Johnson did not dissapoint when I made my award reservations for a special occasion. Jake was efficient and accommodating. I am looking forward to my stay for my wife's 40th.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much Chris H. for your very kind words about Jake. He is a wonderful Front Desk associate and truly enjoys making our guests happy. I am so happy that you chose our property for your very special occasion and that Jake was able to accommodate your needs. I have passed this review along to Jake and have expressed what a great job he is doing. I hope that your wife had a wonderful 40th. I appreciate the time you took to write a great review about a great associate.
Shadoe Stein, Front Desk Lead