“Great Weekend Stay”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a last minute trip my husband and I took to Bellevue for a weekend of dining and shopping. We were greeted warmly and check in took all of five seconds, and we were on our way. We had a spacious king-bedded room, and it looked like it came with a sofa bed. (I did not bother to remove the cushions to see if it was indeed a sofa bed). All the amenities I would expect were there with the exception of an in room safe. I looked everywhere but I didn't find it. Not a big deal for us, but may be important to others. Free wi-fi was great, although charging $10 for parking for the weekend was a little bit of a drag. The location was great, within walking distance to all the shopping to be had at Bellevue Square. In comparison, we had previously stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue, and feel that this property is comparable. On a weekend stay, parking at the Hyatt is free, but they ding you for wifi. The opposite is true for the Courtyard. The Hyatt does have better location in relation to Bellevue Square. We would have chosen to stay at the Hyatt for this trip as well, except they wanted almost $200 for the night, and the Courtyard was $149, so price won out and I glad we got to try another property in the area. In sum, we had a great stay, and would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Flurrying –

Thank you for your compliments about our property. We are pleased that we can offer great amenities and location at a great price during the weekend. Although, we do charge for parking every night, we do offer complimentary wi-fi where others don’t, as you stated. Although there are other hotels in the area with great downtown locations, we are a straight shot to and from the highway and are right across the street from other great shopping destinations.

I am so happy that you chose our hotel to stay at for your weekend getaway and I hope that your next one will be with us again. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know how your stay was.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Recommend to everyone. i visited Seattle and didn’t have any hotel booked. When I realized that I am staying overnight in Seattle I called up quite few places and they all were booked, luckily I found Marriott. I was able to book a room in 5 min for very good price $149 per night plus breakfast $20 for all my family. (2 adults and 2 kids) kids stayed and eat for free.
Very friendly people. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

goPorter -

I am very happy to hear that your trip to Seattle brought you to our property and that you had a great experience. We have fantastic deals, like the one you received for $149 per night, and a mouth-watering breakfast buffet in the morning at a reasonable price for the whole family.

I appreciate your kind words about our friendly staff and I will make sure to let them know what a great job they are doing! I am so thrilled to hear that you will stay with us again and that you are now part of the Marriott family. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great hotel to base your Eastside Seattle trip from. Close to all the shopping in Bellevue, easy drive to Kirkland and Renton. We had a King room on the 5th flr that faced the courtyard. I really liked how the room was laid out, usually with a king bed there really isn't much room for anything else but there was small couch where you could watch TV. Had a really yummy quesadilla from the bar one night and okay breakfast from the cafe. It was nice not to have to pay a gazillion dollars for parking by parking in the garage that connected to the hotel, but if the garage itself is a little tricky. All in all a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms much quiter
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dragonichi

dragonichi -

I am pleased that your experience at the Bellevue Downtown Courtyard was great. We are very fortunate to be positioned at our location, close to world-class shopping, restaurants and the highways. Our rooms have a lot of space because we want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy the time that is spent in the room without being cramped.

I am so happy that you enjoyed the wonderful food our hotel has to offer; our chefs are passionate about cooking and it shows. Although our parking can sometimes be tricky, given the space available for a downtown location, we offer it at the best price around. I hope that you will come back and visit the next time your getaway brings you to Seattle. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a great one nights stay with my family, quiet clean rooms and pleasant helpful staff. The only downside was the lack of gluten free options at breakfast. Would happily stay again and recommend to friends & family.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Owen -
I am glad that you and your family had a great time at our hotel. At Marriott, we strive to make sure your stay is a memorable one. Our staff is very knowledgeable and is always here to help with anything you may need during your stay.

I am sorry about there not being enough gluten-free options at breakfast and I understand how frustrating it would be. I will be passing this information to the appropriate department as a recommendation as to how we can improve upon our menu options.

Thank you very much for your feedback as to your experience was and some improvements we can make. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great place to stay. Lots of activities in walking distance if you want to go out in Bellevue or a short 10-15 drive to downtown Seattle. Rooms are nice and clean as well. On site parking is also very good located underground under the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew K
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments about our property. We are very fortunate to be positioned in one of the best locations around. We have amazing shopping and delicious restaurants all within a 10 minute walk.

You have also pointed out how easy and convenient it is to travel to Seattle from our hotel given the easy access to the highway and that makes us a step above the rest.

Our housekeeping staff is one of the best and they work very hard to ensure that your room is very clean and stocked with anything you may need.

The parking, which is underground, was a great option for a downtown hotel given the space available.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The most pleasant stay I have ever had at a hotel. Very quiet rooms, right next to excellent shopping. Pleasant and professional staff in every area of the Hotel. Great food in the Hotel and all around it near by. Every time we are in Bellevue we will stay here! ;)

• Stayed: July 2012

2cooltina -

I am so happy that your stay was the most pleasant you have had. At Marriott, we strive to exceed every need you may have while maintaining the most professional atmosphere possible.

Even though we are surrounded by streets and highways, the owners made sure to invest in top quality noise-eliminating windows. I am glad to hear that you will be back whenever you travel to the area and we look forward to your next stay and the chance to perfect excellence once again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I happen to visit Bellevue from time to time on business trips and this has become my favorite stay. Great location, great hotel and great service.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank seraphnic

seraphnic -

I always love to hear great things from our international guests. I'm sure your travels take you to many different hotels and it is great to know you leave our hotel happy.

We look forward to your next trip to Bellevue.