“Typical Tex Mex in the NW”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 602 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place was within walking distance of our hotel, and we came here after a long day of traveling. Typically, I don't expect to find good Tex Mex in the NW, but this place had great food. It was a little dead when we got there, but the servers were friendly and the beer flowed from the bar quickly. The food we ordered was both pretty good. The complimentary chips and salsa did leave a little to be desired. Not bad, mind you, but not great either. Overall, I was pleased with the place.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had my old standby of enchiladas and was pleased with the plate. Typically Tex Mex but tasty.
My wife had a chiili releno which was also above average. The appetizer tortilla chips were just average however. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated in Mexican fashion.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food is really good. First time we were there the service was excellent - we had a guy waiter. Second time we came back in much larger group, how ever, a female waiter collected our Canadian drivers licenses and went to check with bartender if they were legit....because, she said "we don't accept all the ID's like from Mexico...". That was insulting. Our friends was like: Did she just compared Canada to Mexico? :) Speaking of which, I find it ironic that they wouldn't accept Mexican ID is the Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Happy hours at Azteca were from 3 to 7 pm, and then from 9 pm to closing. So if you order from 7:01 to 8:59, you don't get the happy hours. The good news is that it is pretty cheap, and decent food. The nachos, salsa and bean dip that they give you are tasty. I ordered the quesadilla which cost me $4.95 (non happy hour price if you can believe it) and it was a healthy portion. My friend order the tacos (it came with 3) which looked pretty decent as well. Service is friendly.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you want to eat on the same day, go elsewhere.

10 minutes for order, 10 for drinks, wrong order came in another 20, walking around to find the waitress took another 5, correct order another 10. Finding the waitress to pay, then waiting until the cows came home to get the check.

Mooooo. Lynnwood Azteca great, Belleview no so, it's slooooooooooow!