“How Did We Miss This Gem of a Restaurant!?”

Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 599 Restaurants in Bellevue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband & I have been to Bellevue several times! How we missed this restaurant - I have no idea. While I do not care for Greek or any Mediterranean food - I appeased my husband and am I so glad I did! Within of 2 minutes of sitting down - we had our delicious bean soup with yummy flatbread & vinaigrette dip.

My husband who loves seafood went for the "Seafood Couscous" & couldn't rave enough about it. This guy can eat 3 entrees on a cruise ship but could not finish his plate! (My hubby is a small man.) Food portions are huge!

I chose the "Spinakopita" which consists of baked filo stuffed with spinach & feta cheese served on saffron rice. It was to die for and I could only eat 1/3 of my plate. (And I can eat a lot!) Be prepared to have leftovers for the next day.

The restaurant is small - we ate on a Sunday early evening & had no problem getting seated immediately. I am sure it's packed on Friday & Saturday nights.

We will make sure we don't miss this gem on our next trip to Bellevue!

1  Thank Teach4Jen

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a great eastern lunch there. The place was packed, but managed to find a spot. The portions are huge, but very tasty. The portion of hummus was just huge, but managed to finish it all, as it was really great.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The moment I walked through the door, I had a feeling that eating here would be a good experience. I was not disappointed. It appeared to be family-owned, judging from the wait-staffs familiarity with some of the people picking up carry-out orders. It also appeared to be very authentic, as I had just been to Italy a few months before and there were many aspects of the restaurant that seemed familiar yet also slightly different as one would expect of Greek culture. Almost immediately after we were seated, pitas and soup were brought to the table; very tasty. Prices on the menu seemed very reasonable at about $20 a plate. However, when the plate did come out, I was amazed. It was an enormous portion, so much so that I needed to take half of it back with me to my hotel.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I got great recommendations about the restaurant from friends and colleagues at work, so I decided to celebrate my wife’s birthday with my family with a dinner at the restaurant.
I booked a table for my family the day before and mentioned that we are celebrating my wife’s birthday, so the person on the phone confirmed that a birthday cake will be served after the dinner.

We went and were nicely welcomed and seated and we were served tasty food, exactly as we expected from all the recommendations, but unfortunately, we went back very disappointed from 2 things; the first was that there was no birthday cake as we requested, second, which was really disappointing is that after we paid the bill, and went out of the restaurant, the waiter stopped us on the street and said with a loud voice: hey, you know, the tips are not included in the bill and I think I gave you a good service and pushing the receipt on me!
I was astonished and embarrassed in front of my family, but did not want to argue with the waiter or complain as I did not want to spoil a celebration of my wife’s birthday, so I put a small amount on the bill and went to the car …

2  Thank Ibrahimadib
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Go... will be going back. Had the lamb schwarma (sp?) & combo kabobs. Extremely flavorful. Wait staff very friendly. I bit tucked away, on the west side of Bellevue Way. If you go past to the Vegetarian restaurant going south, you went to fast. Right by HairMasters.