“Great for takeout”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I now use them as a regular spot for a few different items: sambar, butter chicken, and lamb korma. My first visit here didn't start out too well but I'm glad I returned.

On my first visit, we got a few masala dosas but when we got home, realized they forgot the masala. We called, they apologized and since we didn't want to return to get the masala filling, they offered us credit the next time we returned. Now, the dosa was just ok (Ruchi's dosas are better) but the sambar that came with it was AMAZING. No one has been able to beat their sambar (except for my aunt's homemade sambar).

We did return (with an Entertainment BOGO coupon at first) and eventually tried a bunch of their dishes and learned our faves. We love the lamb korma but not the lamb curry. The meat is perfectly cooked in both but the lamb curry sauce is a bit too thin and tomatoey (I'm used to a thicker sauce) while the korma sauce is rich and heavenly. I like India Gate's lamb curry better. As for chicken, both their butter chicken and their chicken tikka curries are delish (better than any others in town).

The portions are decent - we always get takeout and order 2 meat curries, which comes with rice, i make up some naan at home and that's enough for 2 adults, a toddler and left overs for 1 adult the next day.

I loved the fact that it was right next to Trader Joes bc I could order, go shop and return to pick up dinner. Now TJ's has moved so there's not much to do in the complex as you wait for your order - so, call ahead for takeout bc at times it can take 25 min to get your food.

Overall, yum!

Thank Schuett.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our Bothell friends took us to Mayuri because it's their favorite Indian restaurant in the area. Fantastic food, great service, lovely atmosphere, lots of patrons but not noisy at all, reasonably priced -- awesome experience. I wish we had a restaurant of similar quality where we live. 3 of the 4 of us aren't big lamb fans and my husband had to keep his dish away from us so that he could actually have some of his meal. We had 2 appetizers, 4 meals and rice for $72 -- very reasonable evening.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Mayuri has excellent food, Try the biryani or the eggplant but get the thali dinner and you will have leftovers for another dinner. Some of the best Indian food in the area.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were a large group of 30+ travelling for business, so all needed separate checks. They handled this with no problems. The food was great especially the eggplant dish. The servings are large so sharing is the best way to go. I would recommended ordering the tandoori as soon as you get there as it takes at least 20min longer than all the other dishes. The spicy naan is amazing. Try this restaurant you won't be disappointed. Value for money is good.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Indian food I have had. Each dish on the lunch buffet had a delicious, distinct flavor instead of everything tasting the same. I was pleased with the variety of vegetarian options. Eight of us dined for just over $70. I am looking forward to coming here again.