“A bit on the pricy side, but so worth it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kiku Sushi
Ranked #155 of 538 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Bellevue, Washington
“A bit on the pricy side, but so worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

A friend of mine and I frequent Kiku for lunches a few times a month. The staff is friendly and proud of their food, usually recommending their bento box which often features something I wouldn't have ordered if I browsed the menu on my own. I've yet to taste something that wasn't of high quality and done with care, even if it wasn't necessarily in my usual tastes.

They've talked me into branching out and trying their squid and octopus, fried mackerel, tofu skin udon noodles, and many more and those are things I'm always happy to see on the menu on the days they show up. The menu is always changing to reflect what's fresh (usually highlighted on that days bento box special) but with many of the heavier Japanese staples like teriyaki and Katsu curry.

Many of the Japanese and teriyaki places run together with similar offerings, but Kiku keeps it traditional, fresh, and different. They charge a bit more than your run of the mill teriyaki joint, but the quality and variety more than make up for it.

SF, CA
“EXCELLENT sushi & sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We visited their new location - 13112 NE 20th Street, #200. I think the 24th St place is closed.

Our group had a mix of sashimi, sushi, and cooked dishes. The sashimi was the best I've had in years. Others loved their regular sushi and assorted sushi rolls. The chef puts things together (and example - daikon & salmon) for refreshing tastes.

Service was very good, they checked back often to refill drinks and to ask if we needed more food.

We're adding this to our list of must visit restaurants when we're in town.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bellevue, Washington
“Unorganized family place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

When we arrived, the place was quite full but there were still tables available. There was no hostess present at the time, so we had to wait. When she finally showed up she said we could only seat at the bar. There were clearly tables available and I pointed out that to her. She hesitated and then finally agreed to seat us at a table. I had to beg the hostess to seat us at an available table!
The sushi was good, very fresh and delicious. This place needs a good management. It looks like this place is a family business, servers have tons of work to do including hosting, answering phones etc. Reservations and seating are so unorganized, and you can actually see what's going in the back of the house because it is exposed. If all these little things could be fixed, this would be a great place. The sushi chef definitely knows how to make sushi.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Earth
“Excellent quality Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

Excellent quality Fish

“Happy hour hand rolls are fantastic. Great little informal sushi place next door to Uwajimaya in Bellevue.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008