“Great service, okay food...”

Thai Ginger - Factoria
Ranked #96 of 540 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Bellevue, Washington
“Great service, okay food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I visited Thai Ginger on a small get together me and my lady friends call "ladies night out." We have this
small event every year and it is so much fun. We get dinner, have a wine, hang out, chit-chit, and enjoy the atmosphere. We usually go to very fancy restaurants around Bellevue. This time my friend recommended this amazing Thai restaurant with great drinks and a calming atmosphere. We all agreed. So we all met up at the restaurant and we're greeted by this nice dressed man with a large smile on his face and he welcomes us to the restaurant. Through our meal we we're served politely and nicely. The food was okay, so-so. The spring rolls weren't put together properly and the taste was too sour in the general food choices. The drinks were great. The lemon juice is a kick of lemon with a sweet aspect that is so refreshing the wines and alcoholic beverages were rich and tasty. At the end we had the same man say his goodbyes and we left. I recommend Thai Ginger strongly for services and drinks and some for food.

Vancouver
“This is a definite must visit in Bellevue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel recommended this gem and we will certainly return.

We have eaten Thai in many places but we both agreed that this place is one of the best we have tried in a long time. The food reminded us of what we had in Thailand. The servers are Thai and the food had that little extra flavour to give it the edge over other Thai restaurants.

Visited May 2014
San Clemente, California
“Thai Ginger - Bellevue. An old favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've been coming here off and on for as long as I can remember. With the tried and true Phad Thai, Phad See Iew, Green Curry and Phad Kee Mao being some favorites. Now that I live out of state it is less frequent. But each time it is just like I remember it and very enjoyable. Its a small restaurant and cramped. There can be lines during peak hours. Service is no frills, get in/get out. Not to be confused with unfriendly. Seems their portions are getting smaller over time, though it could be my appetite is getting bigger, dunno.

• Visited January 2014
Bellevue, Washington
“Liked the place, but got sick afterwards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm a big fan of Thai food. When I visited this restaurant, it was busy. We were seated promptly though at one of the few open tables, and enjoyed the decor/ambiance of the restaurant. I stuck to the basics with food, ordering pad thai with tofu and a chicken massaman curry. I thought the food was pretty good, but unfortunately I ended up getting extremely sick after the meal. My assumption is that it was the chicken. Very disappointing as I was hoping it would be a new favorite restaurant near my home.

• Visited November 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Fine food, friendly faces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Thai Ginger has been in Bellevue's Factoria neighborhood for many years and continues to serve excellent cuisine in a warm friendly atmosphere. The waiters are friendly, attentive and, once the meal has been served, all but invisible. There are dishes to suit all tastes, from the usual Thai to some quite exotic; food is spiced to your order and there is a good range of beverages, both beer and wine. Although the restaurant is quite small, we were able to make a reservation on short notice and were seated within five minutes of our arrival. As we were leaving we noticed that every table was occupied, a tribute to the excellent food on a mid-week evening.

• Visited December 2013