“Just Okay”

Cuisines: Japanese
Austin, Texas
“Just Okay”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Going to Seattle I was expecting some killer sushi being that it's on the water AND closer to Japan than most every other state in the US. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. We went here due to the great reviews on Yelp and walked in around 7 on a Monday, only to find that there was only one other couple there. I got the Chicken Teriyaki + 5 pieces of sushi combo and my husband ordered a roll and several other pieces of sushi. While the sushi wasn't bad it also wasn't incredibly flavorful. The teriyaki was really great but I feel that I could have gotten something better at one of the simply titled "Teriyaki" places. Service was good, but again, there was only one other couple there. If you're looking for a quick sushi fix or just a quick dinner then this is the place for you but if you're expecting high grade sushi in Bellevue, go to Seastar two blocks away.

• Visited June 2012

Mercer Island, Washington
“Great vaqlue in Bellevue”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I would eat here every week when I was commuting to Bellevue from San Francisco. Good quality sushi at a very affordable price. They serve the large hot saki in a teapot!

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“I love this place and visit on a regular basis”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Sushiya in Bellevue is off the beaten path. It is a family owned restaurant that focuses on customer service and quality food. I go there for lunch quite a bit and will visit with my family in the evenings. *Almost* every time the sushi is in the totally awesome range. On occasion, it's good, and I keep a high sushi standard. The owner knows me and my family and treats the kids to ice cream and a bear made from an orange on each visit. If you like to support local family owned businesses and like good sushi, Sushiya is a great place.

- and they have great happy hour specials.

1 Thank AgileDude
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent Japanese Restaurant in Bellevue. Serves regular sushi. Good quality, good service. Price is normal.”
Reviewed January 7, 2008