“Overrated and then some”
Review of I Love Sushi

I Love Sushi
Ranked #256 of 551 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Magnolia, Texas
“Overrated and then some”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stopped for lunch because I'd read a lot of good reviews and simply couldn't come to WA without having some sushi. I ordered a glass of iced tea ($2.50) and was looked at like I'd committed some sort of sin. The seaweed salad was ok. So is the prepackaged seaweed salad at my local grocery store. The sashimi lunch special was just plain yuck. The fish looked like it had been cut with safety scissors and tasted like it had been in the cooler for a few days too long. Maybe they save the good stuff for the regulars....but the fact that there were only about 3 full tables at 12:30 on a Wednesday afternoon should have been warning enough. It's obviously gone downhill since Zagat's was there.

Visited July 2012

Bellevue, Washington
“Hit and Miss; time to give it a rest”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I Love Sushi is an old mainstay on the local sushi scene. At times the quality of the food is impeccable and the service is good. Other times, the food is unpalatable, with slow service coupled with rudeness. My visit the other evening was a mix of both.

We sat at the sushi bar so we could enjoy a leisurely paced meal and see what was fresh for the day. The sushi chef who was working our station was VERY busy filling orders for the patrons seated in the back and gave us scant attention. The other sushi chef at a different station was much more attentive and provided us service, though he was on the other side of the sushi bar. Beginning with the tantalizing specials noted on the white board, we started out with albacore toro, yellowtail toro, salmon toro and Frasier River sockeye. Each of the nigiri specials were well priced ( down right cheap!) and oh so delectable. Large cuts of fish on great sushi meishi. It was when I ventured off the specials menu that things went awry. The unagi (eel) was inedible. Usually grilled to bring out the omega 3s, and present a soft and crunchy mouthful in one bite, this unagi arrived cold, slimy and throughly disgusting. After this, I understood why many Americans recoil at the thought of eating eel! But, I hadn't learned my lesson, I moved ahead and ordered a negi hama roll, also not a "special". The roll was tasty, but the technique was amateur. The roll was not rolled well and fell apart while eaten.
Disappointed with the non- specials, I returned to the tasty albacore and yellowtail toro. Yet when I made my request, our sushi chef muttered to his partner, "this customer eats a lot!" SORRY!c
I won't be back to this I Love Sushi anytime soon. And when I do return, I'll be more careful when choosing my seat at the sushi bar.

I

Bellevue, WA
“Great fresh seafood”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The sushi here is completely underrated! Really great service and good parking. The prices are very comparable with a very well priced bento lunch... This is a great staple for Bellevue.

• Visited March 2012
new westminster
“Great sushi”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The service was great and the stajj wa friendly. The sushi was good and fair price. Only 15 minutes away from seattle downtown.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank jack m
Singapore, Singapore
“A fine Japanese Restaurant – a little piece of Japan in Bellevue”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The food was amazing, the prestation was very nice, the taste and quality of the food was impecable, a lot of this can be attributed to the high quality of ingridents used.

Visited November 2011