“Great Seafood”

Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 542 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar in downtown Bellevue, WA is brought to you by renowned chef John Howie, providing guests with freshly prepared seafood, as well as steak, poultry, pastas and a raw bar serving sushi and rolls. Enjoy the comfort of the luxurious Seastar dining room or the upbeat Raw Bar for drinks, cocktails or happy hour. Private dining and catering is available.
Issaquah, Washington
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Outstanding seafood, great service and all around perfect experience. I take out of town guest here and they are always satisfied. Menu has things for everyone. The bar has great appetizers as well. Nice wine selection.

Carthage, New York
“Somewhat disappointed”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My family and my parents went to dinner at the Seastar and, quite frankly, were somewhat disappointed. First the good. The setting is casual but still classy, equally suitable for dressing down (short and collared shirt) or up (coat and tie/dress). The service is friendly, attentive, and above all, hold themselves accountable. (Our server made a mistake and forget to put in the order for my parents' starters. First she offered to give them their starters for free, and when they declined, she ended up giving us our desserts for free. No drama, no manager involvement, just done and taken care of.) The Seastar also has an extensive wine list with domestic and international selections. So, that being said, we found the restaurant did not live up to its reputation. The food, while above average, did not "wow" us. The rub on the plank roasted salmon overpowered the fish (which was a little fishy for salmon) and my father's salmon was somewhat overcooked (dry). The tropical quinoa salad that accompanied my seared salmon was a little too heavy on the citrus and my son's mac and cheese and my mother's shrimp and mushroom risotto were both very salty. I guess the overriding theme is that the food tended to be over seasoned. Dessert was also somewhat disappointing; the creme brûlée was neither warm nor firm, more like Jell-o pudding with a caramelized top. The flavor was good, but it did not measure up to the creme brûlée we had in France and did not seem up the standard for a restaurant this highly rated. I wish I could do half stars, because while the Seastar fell short of Very Good, it is still deserving of a rating better than Average. If your dining companions are impressed by setting, wine, and prices, this is a fantastic place to go, but if they have a discriminating palate, you might want to go elsewhere.

2 Thank WuTang68
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went to this location on the advice of the concierge at our hotel. One of the few times I didn't check Tripadvisor first but he was spot on.
The atmosphere was urban chic and made for comfortable dining. The service carried on with this and the Seafood Tower that I shared with my wife was one of the best meals of our extended trip. The fact that we shared this entree helped alleviate some of the pricing pain and allowed for a better bottle of wine. By all means make this a destination if you are anywhere near Bellevue as this place has a kitchen that really knows how to delicately get things done!

New York City, New York
“excellent fish”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Excellent scallops I had a wonderful halibut and my companion a fine piece of salmon plus a decent bottle of Washington State Sauvignon Blanc

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary at Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar and everything was just about perfect. Food was tasty and imaginative but most of all, service was excellent. Our server Michelle was most attentive even though the restaurant was quite busy. She took her time to explain the menu to us and her recommendations were spot on.
We'd definitely recommend Seastar and we hope that when you do dine there, you have the good fortune to have Michelle as your server!