“Perfect Birthday Celebration”

Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 570 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar in downtown Bellevue, WA is brought to you by renowned chef John Howie, providing guests with freshly prepared seafood, as well as steak, poultry, pastas and a raw bar serving sushi and rolls. Enjoy the comfort of the luxurious Seastar dining room or the upbeat Raw Bar for drinks, cocktails or happy hour. Private dining and catering is available.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a wonderful birthday treat! Applewood grilled salmon, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and fresh green beans ... so yummy! All accompanied by a special bottle of wine from our home cellar. First class service, beautiful elegant decor, and handmade chocolate truffles with a candle on top made this a perfect birthday dinner.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Friends who live in Bellevue recommended Seastar when a friend and I were visiting Seattle for the first time. All I can say is - WOW! It was probably the best meal we had during our four day visit to the area. We started with the sea tower appetizer - grilled scallops, fried shrimp, and crab cakes. Every morsel was delicious. We decided to split an entree after having the appetizer and chose the Hawaiian fish (can't remember the exact name of the dish). The server was nice enough to plate it separately for each of us. It came with a cucumber, mango, macadamia nut salsa and a Thai inspired drizzle. It was probably one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had. The service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. If I am ever in the area again, I will be back!

1  Thank cab1118
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Four of us ate here for lunch recently. The food was extrodinary, and the service was excellent. Since I was a guest from out of town I had no idea of the high-quality restaurant we were being brought to, only a few blocks from our office. But what a pleasant surprise! Very creative and delicious food! Try it - you'll like it!

1  Thank knightline
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I can't say that about too many restaurants, but this place is top notch. Thank you John Howie for putting Sea Star in place, and putting your own creative touch on seafood :) It's pretty spendy to eat here, but you won't come away feeling ripped off at all.

Everything I've tried at this place has been over the top, and I'm especially fond of the grilled tuna appetizer. This last time I tried the "Tuna Crudo, with mandoquats", and it was amazing. Then it got even better when I had the "Ancho chile rubbed Steelhead" entree. Not only was it moist and tender, but the sweet chile hollandaise sauce was a perfect addition. It was served on a bed of some wonderful southwest style potato cake that I have to have again sometime. I'm going to order John Howie's cookbook for sure!

1  Thank RJBYakima
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Took a client here for dinner. We order halibut and salmon and the food was excellent. The wait staff was professional and friendly.

1  Thank veritastraveler66