“Superb Food and Service”

Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 543 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar in downtown Bellevue, WA is brought to you by renowned chef John Howie, providing guests with freshly prepared seafood, as well as steak, poultry, pastas and a raw bar serving sushi and rolls. Enjoy the comfort of the luxurious Seastar dining room or the upbeat Raw Bar for drinks, cocktails or happy hour. Private dining and catering is available.
Seattle
“Superb Food and Service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

So I am early by 15 minutes for dinner. I sit in the bar and enjoy a glass of French white burgundy. The bartender asks if I have dinner reservations and I nod my assent. When my dinner partner arrives, we move to our table with no fussing with the bar tab. It is seemlessly transferred.

We had crab cakes for appetizer, caesar salad, scallops and mahi mahi. Each item was prepared to perfection with superb sauces. It was easily the best meal I have had in restaurant in 2013, and I travel a lot for business and fun. Check this place out!

• Visited December 2013

wichita
“Truffles were a hit.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Made reservations 1.5 hour before arrival (7:30). Place was packed and they were turning people away who didn't have reservations.

I ordered the scallops with local truffles. My dinner companion order the NW seafood stew. The local truffles have a very distinct taste compared to French or Italian truffles. Very good by the way. They were sliced thin about quarter size. The scallops were cooked perfect. They were on the small side slightly larger than bay scallops but smaller than sea scallops. The chablis sauce was a perfect complement.

Highly recommended but make sure you have reservations.

Columbia, Missouri
“Great seafood”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My partner was really in the mood for a steak but I wanted something different. We decided to check out Seastar in hopes that we would both find something on the menu. I had a california roll for a starter, which was amazing. My partner had the caesar salad which was also good. I had the steelhead for an entree and it was really good. My partner decided to go with fish since we were in Washington and tried the swordfish. It was very "fishy" tasting and not as good as other swordfish we have had in the past. He now regrets not going with the filet mignon. The server gave us free creme brulee for dessert which was amazing. Overall, very nice restaurant, especially if you are looking for a diverse menu.

Selah, Washington
“A most memorable meal!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

For me, an indicator that you've just enjoyed a great meal is when you're still thinking about it the next day! That was the case for us at the Seastar Restaurant. We shared a Blue Cheese & Pear salad that was delicious. At the suggestion of the waiter, I chose the Ancho Chili Smoked Steelhead for my entree. Omigosh....the flavors were amazing. The steelhead was cooked perfectly and the combination of sweet chili hollandaise and lime creme was amazing. The only downside is that we were too full to order dessert! Next time.....!!

Seattle, Washington
“Solid bar program. Excellent wine list. Amazing Deviled eggs.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have eaten in the restaurant previously, but this time decided to sit in the bar with friends and share small plates from the happy hour menu. Had a great meal at a slightly more reasonable price. Order the deviled eggs! Wait staff was attentive despite the happy hour crowd. Only had to wait a few minutes for a table.

Visited October 2013