“A lovely place for a special dinner”
Review of Bis On Main

Bis On Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Bis On Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 543 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Our restaurant is run with a dedication to quality and customer service. The food, intimacy and personal service of Bis on Main set us apart from corporate restaurants. We offer a full premium bar and an award winning wine list with over 300 selections from California, the Northwest, Italy, France and South America. Bis on Main was voted Bellevue's Most Romantic Restaurant four years in a row and is also a perennial recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. A full bar, lounge, and restaurant serving dinner 7 days a week and lunch weekdays. Business dining a specialty. Late night dining and happy hour in our bar. Private dining for personal or business available, as is catering.
Bellevue, Washington
“A lovely place for a special dinner”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I were taken to Bis by clients to celebrate the completion of a project. It was a real treat. The ambiance is a bit loud but not annoyingly so; the service is excellent as is the food. Valet parking is available although on the night we were there it was unnecessary -- ample free parking behind the restaurant. Pricy but a truly fine spot for a special occasion.

Visited September 2013

Sitges, Spain
“Great restaurant, great food, great location”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've eaten here before. It's a great venue for small groups with round tables so everyone gets to take part in the conversation. I had a tomato and mozzarella salad to start followed by the black cod. This place never disappoints. Best of all, they don't overload your plate, so I got to finish without the guilt of leaving anything, so common in too many US restaurants.
This is a great place for families, friends and business. Highly recommend and will be back to try out the rest of the menu.

• Visited November 2013
Malibu, California
“One of Best Meals Ever! With flair and world-class service!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Returned to Bis on Main during a business trip after not having visited this favorite for more than 2 years. Hosted 5 guests for an important business dinner. Perfection in everything. Appetizers (must have the Salmon Gravlax) exquisite. The Chef's specials are amazing! The service is world-class! The pièce de résistance is the signature dessert of the Molten Chocolate Soufflé. We shared 3 of these desserts for the 6 of us -- and my guests then declared that the would return over the weekend just for the individual soufflés. This dessert is made to order and takes about 25 minutes -- so be sure to let your server know you are planning to enjoy this dessert so that the order can go into the kitchen at just the right time. Ambiance is fabulous. Bis on Main also has a private dining room that is great for a business event. Bravo!

• Visited September 2013
Issaquah, WA.
“Great food and tremendous desserts”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Three of us had lunch by the front window and it was very good with excellent service. You had to ask when you wanted coffee refills etc. It was not an automatic thing. The helpings were big and the desserts were huge. Never before have I had such a huge piece of pecan pie anywhere.

• Visited November 2013
Yakima, Washington
“Extremely Rude Owner”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I invited a client to dinner and several other associates who were in town for a company event. I allowed my client to select the restaurant, he selected Bis on Main. I wasn't certain the number of people when I made reservation because people were traveling into Bellevue, and 2 said that they would try to get there in time for dinner. Upon arrival the table was set for 8 but there were only 6 of us. The owner said "so are there 6 or 8?" I asked if he could just leave the table set for 8 since there was still a chance that my other associates would arrive shortly. He said "some people just have problems with math" and walked away. He said it loud enough for everyone in my party to hear, including my guest. My guest was embarrassed for making such a poor selection for dinner and I was so angry I would have walked out if it wasn't for my guest. There is nothing remarkable about this restaurant; it's in an old building and the menu was very overpriced. I will say that our server was very nice. The owner should just stay home, he is an extremely rude person. No one at our table will ever return to this restaurant, nor will they recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2013