“Great beer, excellent food”

Bellevue Brewing Company
Ranked #42 of 602 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This fairly hidden brewery and restaurant is worth the visit. The beer is top-notch and the food is excellent. If you like lamb, get the nachos...really good! Sandwiches and salads are very good as well. They've got a huge tv (and some smaller ones), making it a great place to watch sports, too. It's a big space, with a private room available (not sure if you have to reserve it or what, I just saw that it was there). All in all, if you like beer and good food, this is a great place to visit.

It's also family-friendly, at least it was the day we were there. Plenty of general seating, as well as bar seating.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visited Bellevue Brewing less than 3 months after it opened. I tried the sampler which gave me a good perspective on their different beers and style of brewing. The beers had good flavor and character. The serve was great and one of the "apprentice" brewers who seemed to know the beers and explained them well.

Fast forward a couple of weeks later. I invited some beer loving friends to join me on my second visit. Bellevue Brewing is in an out of the way industrial area so it is a planned destination. We went out of our way on a Thursday afternoon only to be turned away. This is where the inexperience of being a restaurant/pub operator comes in. Bellevue Brewery decided to allow a private group use the place for a private event from 4 - 6 pm. Basically during peak restaurant hours the place was closed. So if you happen to make a special trip there, like we did, you were turned away as they failed to set aside some seating for walk in customers.

As someone who grew up in the restaurant industry, you NEVER close your restaurant from 4-6 pm for a private party. What you do is aside space for the event while still having space to serve walk in customers. Bellevue Brewery could have easily kept the bar area open for the public because it is sectioned off from the rest of the seating areas. Also, 4-6 pm is peak in the restaurant business and given that Bellevue Brewery is tucked away in a hard to find industrial part of Bellevue, it was even more important for them to keep a section open for the walk in customers because, again, people are specifically going there. Bellevue Brewery is new and so they cannot afford to turn people away like this. In this case, we were told to come back at 6 pm...1.5 hours later. We ended up going back to Issaquah Brewery. It will be a while before we again make a specific trip to Bellevue Brewery.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fun and lively place to grab a beer and some tasty food. My husband and son are more versed in beer than I but we all found beer we liked. The server brought a couple small tasters to help us decide. We were there on a busy Friday night and the place was packed but the service was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. Great varied menu with big portions. Try the cubano sandwich and the pizzas. The place is like a large warehouse with no decor to speak of so it can be loud. There were lots of large groups there having a good time. It's nice to have this casual brew pub in our backyard. We will be back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice selection and good quality brew with a solid menu of food to back it up, wish we would have had time to make a second trip.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been following the startup and construction of the brewery for a long time on facebook and finally had a chance to visit. It's a little hard to find but once you do it's a great layout. We were there to try the beers but it's a great spot to eat and watch sports too. I started with their ESB and my wife had their oatmeal stout and we would say they were excellent. They had 5 of their own beers on tap and a number of guest taps too. I had a Maritime Seattle Lager too. The bartender was an assistant brewmaster there and really knew his beers. What I really appreciated was the 3 different sizes of beers offered, a 12oz, a 20oz, and a larger one. We ordered nachos with shredded beef and it was great - a large amount of everything. You can order it with beef, turkey, or lamb. I'm looking forward to a return visit for a full meal and many more beers.