“Great lunch spot, whether you're starving or in the mood for just a little something”
Review of Boom Noodle - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Boom Noodle
Cuisines: Asian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th
Transit: Multiple within walking distance.
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Boom is reasonably priced, food is consistently good, and menu selections run the gamut from lovely appetizers (try the tuna tacos and the edamame dip!) to salads to noodle bowls to heartier fare. If you're going for cocktails, they are inventive.

Visited November 2012

Seattle
“So many better noodle places in Bellevue”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Although the food was delivered very quickly...a little too quickly, we found the rice paper on the salad rolls was tough as if they'd been sitting around for a while. The teriyaki chicken was good, served with a small salad and pickles but the rice must have been sitting on the plate for a long time - it was difficult to break up. We told our server that we didn't think the food was very good and he assured us he would talk to the kitchen staff about the salad rolls and the rice. Would not go back.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Small portions...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my second visit to this location, and it seems they've changed their menu. The selection was quite limited. I ordered the pho and my friend ordered the pad thai. Both dishes tasted ok, but the portions were really small. I wanted to order something else but there was nothing much on the menu to choose from. The overall experience was just so so. There are lots of other dining choices in the area, and I don't think I will retrurn unless they improve their menu.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver
“After lunch and still hungry”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the second times we visited this restaurant. For the past experience, this place was ok. So we decided to eat there again. What's a mistake. We ordered the same food (Pho noodle) as last time. The size was incredible small. I'm not a big eater but it only take me one bite to finish the noodle. (Did they change the chef or owner ????)
It cost me $50 for two us having lunch there. What a rid off.
How expensive a noodle ?
The Service was average. This place definite are out of my picture unless they change.

• Visited December 2012
Mukilteo, Washington
“Not as good as the one in the University District”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son and I stopped in for supper before a movie across the street. The hostess was very busy covering the happy hour in the bar and schlepping to-go orders from the kitchen to the waiting area in front; we waited a long time for our table. Our waitress was a bright, young, cheerful and witty young lady who made the wait worthwhile. Sadly, our table was sticky and we had to ask for it to be cleaned. The flimsy cardboard menus were worn and should have been replaced. The menu at Boom is ambitious, perhaps too ambitious for the kitchen. We ordered gyoza for an appetizer and another order with our meal. They came with two quite different sauces for no good reason and the cooking was not on a level with that at the University Village branch of this restaurant. Dessert was offered for half price. Given the remarkably high menu price of a mochi ball of green tea ice cream with sauce, it should have been half price. Maybe we caught this restaurant on a bad night; I certainly hope so.

• Visited August 2012