“"Hidden Gem"”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Oregon
“"Hidden Gem"”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay here. The price was right ($99 for a Sunday night), and we got 2 connecting rooms (we paid for each room, so $200 for the night) for our family of five. We could easily have gone with the king suite alone and had plenty of room. There is a good sized living/dining area, the kitchen, the bathroom, and a separate bedroom. It's in a terrific location right across from Bell Square, and it's exceedingly easy to get on/off the freeway.

It's difficult to find places large enough for all of us, so this was a great find. I read about it on another travel site then hopped over here to read reviews. We would definitely stay again. The staff were very nice, and the place was clean and welcoming. Somewhat dated, as others have said, but if you're comfortable and it's clean, who cares?

The breakfast was typical carb-heavy fare, but it's free and does the trick. Very pleased on pretty much every count. Great job, La Residence!

Room Tip: Call and talk to the front desk when you are looking to reserve. I had choices that weren't on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TamiJo42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Covington, Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a quick overnight stay, assuming that when the hotel said the suites would sleep 4 that there would be a pull-out couch. This has always been the case in my experience. Not so. I was surprised to find just a sofa. We called the desk and they were quick to offer us a roll away. Apparently, their one-size fits all description only refers to those with two double beds.
These suites were formally condominiums, so the walls are very good, it was a quiet stay. The kitchens are semi-equipped with mix and match silverware. There was coffee and sugar, but no creamer.
The lobby locks up completely at night. You can get into the hotel with your room key, but we confirmed our checkout by phone as we left before they opened at 7 am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The suite was large with living room, separate full kitchen, and separate bedroom. Bathroom was accessible from the bedroom hall. The decor was a little dated, but the place was quiet. The staff were very nice and I recommend this place for stays over 2 days.
It is right next to the mall and is walking distance to many stores and restaurants.
You can actually open the windows and get fresh air!
Also the price was right for this area with free onsite parking.
Expect to get your own breakfast, which is easier with a full kitchen.
My only complaint was that there is not a TV in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Front side. The back side is opposite an apartment complex. I felt funny hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This nice small hotel was very well situated near the downtown of Bellevue,WA. We were pleasantly surprised with a small kitchen. The breakfast doesn't really have much space and choices but it could be overlooked for the location and friendly people. You can walk and have access to many restaurants. Don't forget there is an "old" Bellevue with some good shops.

Room Tip: Some rooms must have kitchens but we didn't really use it much. Easy acces to walk to downtown...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for four nights while I was attending a workshop in Bellevue.

The room was spacious with a kitchen and a living room. The bed was comfortable with four large pillows. The bathroom was well-stocked with toiletries and towels. The kitchen appliances included a refrigerator, toaster, microwave, stove and a coffee-maker.

Wireless internet worked without any problems.

Breakfast was fairly basic. I went to the breakfast table, made myself a cup of tea, selected a muffin and a fruit, and took them back to my room to eat.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. When I checked in, the front-desk staff recommended me three nearby eating places and gave me directions to eateries, grocery stores, and nearby parks.

Location was great. Across the street was Bellevue Square with shops, department stores and many eateries. Up the street within walking distance was Bartell Drugs and QFC supermarket where you can get your provisions.

I liked the spacious, comfortable and quiet suite - like staying in a home away from home. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Bellevue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nelumbo-Nucifera
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed May 28, 2012

With the prices of everything in Belleuve so high now, this place was a Godsend to us to afford to stay in the area. However, based on some of the other reviews, my expectations were a little too high. This is not a luxury hotel for cheap. This is simply a decent, cheap place to stay.

The Good:
A one bedroom apartment for an average price of $104 per night!
The beds (2) were Costco, Sealy Posturpedic Beds and were very comfortable (and we are picky when it comes to beds).
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
We appreciated the continental breakfast.

The Bad:
The place is old and has a smell to it.
There was not enough place settings and cookware to accommodate a large family. If the hotel really wants to be family friendly, they need to increase the amount of place settings and cookware.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had a suite and I am evaluating this type of the room.

Suite technically is: large kitchen, living room with plasma TV and nice view, coach and table, dinning table, two bedrooms with large beds.

Staff is extremly friendly, they are very helpful. The only disadvantage was that we were checked-in to the room that was still in the cleaning process. Not disturbing at all.

It is hard to say that the room was excellent but in overall evaluation: price, place, comfort, staff made my stay excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business