“No pull out sofas here”

La Residence Suite Hotel
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a quick overnight stay, assuming that when the hotel said the suites would sleep 4 that there would be a pull-out couch. This has always been the case in my experience. Not so. I was surprised to find just a sofa. We called the desk and they were quick to offer us a roll away. Apparently, their one-size fits all description only refers to those with two double beds.
These suites were formally condominiums, so the walls are very good, it was a quiet stay. The kitchens are semi-equipped with mix and match silverware. There was coffee and sugar, but no creamer.
The lobby locks up completely at night. You can get into the hotel with your room key, but we confirmed our checkout by phone as we left before they opened at 7 am.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The suite was large with living room, separate full kitchen, and separate bedroom. Bathroom was accessible from the bedroom hall. The decor was a little dated, but the place was quiet. The staff were very nice and I recommend this place for stays over 2 days.
It is right next to the mall and is walking distance to many stores and restaurants.
You can actually open the windows and get fresh air!
Also the price was right for this area with free onsite parking.
Expect to get your own breakfast, which is easier with a full kitchen.
My only complaint was that there is not a TV in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Front side. The back side is opposite an apartment complex. I felt funny hav...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This nice small hotel was very well situated near the downtown of Bellevue,WA. We were pleasantly surprised with a small kitchen. The breakfast doesn't really have much space and choices but it could be overlooked for the location and friendly people. You can walk and have access to many restaurants. Don't forget there is an "old" Bellevue with some good shops.

Room Tip: Some rooms must have kitchens but we didn't really use it much. Easy acces to walk to downtown...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for four nights while I was attending a workshop in Bellevue.

The room was spacious with a kitchen and a living room. The bed was comfortable with four large pillows. The bathroom was well-stocked with toiletries and towels. The kitchen appliances included a refrigerator, toaster, microwave, stove and a coffee-maker.

Wireless internet worked without any problems.

Breakfast was fairly basic. I went to the breakfast table, made myself a cup of tea, selected a muffin and a fruit, and took them back to my room to eat.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. When I checked in, the front-desk staff recommended me three nearby eating places and gave me directions to eateries, grocery stores, and nearby parks.

Location was great. Across the street was Bellevue Square with shops, department stores and many eateries. Up the street within walking distance was Bartell Drugs and QFC supermarket where you can get your provisions.

I liked the spacious, comfortable and quiet suite - like staying in a home away from home. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Bellevue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nelumbo-Nucifera
Reviewed May 28, 2012

With the prices of everything in Belleuve so high now, this place was a Godsend to us to afford to stay in the area. However, based on some of the other reviews, my expectations were a little too high. This is not a luxury hotel for cheap. This is simply a decent, cheap place to stay.

The Good:
A one bedroom apartment for an average price of $104 per night!
The beds (2) were Costco, Sealy Posturpedic Beds and were very comfortable (and we are picky when it comes to beds).
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
We appreciated the continental breakfast.

The Bad:
The place is old and has a smell to it.
There was not enough place settings and cookware to accommodate a large family. If the hotel really wants to be family friendly, they need to increase the amount of place settings and cookware.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had a suite and I am evaluating this type of the room.

Suite technically is: large kitchen, living room with plasma TV and nice view, coach and table, dinning table, two bedrooms with large beds.

Staff is extremly friendly, they are very helpful. The only disadvantage was that we were checked-in to the room that was still in the cleaning process. Not disturbing at all.

It is hard to say that the room was excellent but in overall evaluation: price, place, comfort, staff made my stay excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paula_Januszkiewicz
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed here for work for 2 weeks in January and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The rooms are huge and the 1 bed suite has a separate bedroom, living/dining and kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked with modern fridge, stove, microwave, toaster and coffee maker along with all the kitchenware you'll need. The bed is very comfortable with plenty of pillows and blankets. The bedroom and living area have separate heat controls which is good if you like to sleep a bit cooler as I do. There's a good flat screen tv in the living area with cable tv.

The staff are really friendly - greeting me by name as I went in and out and happy to answer any questions. They also offered me a late check-out on my last day without any issues.

The location couldn't be more convenient in Bellevue - right across the street from Bellevue Sq mall which has shops like Macy's and Nordstrom, plenty of restaurants and links to Lincoln Sq where there's a cinema. All of which came in handy as I was snowed in for a few days! There's also a QFC supermarket just up the street to get in any provisions you might need. There's plenty of free off street parking and if you don't have a car, the Bellevue transit center is a short walk away with express buses into downtown Seattle and out to the Microsoft campus in Redmond.

There is free wi-fi in the rooms which was quick and responsive all the time.

It's possible to open the windows which I always appreciate - it's nice to get some fresh air.

They do offer a continental breakfast which is just basic mini cereal boxes, pastries, juice, tea, coffee etc. Not great if you fancy a cooked breakfast, but enough to get you going in the morning.

I honestly can't understand how this hotel isn't more popular (or more expensive!). Ok, it's not the most modern of decor and doesn't have a big fancy lobby, but the rooms are spotlessly clean and the bathroom and kitchen are modern.

If you want to stay somewhere with a fully stocked mini-bar where they charge you if you so much as look at something in there, then this isn't the hotel for you. If you want a clean, comfortable, friendly hotel with an excellent location, then you can't go wrong here.

I will definitely plan to stay here again on my next trip to Seattle and I highly recommend you consider it too!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
1 mi away
The Westin Bellevue
The Westin Bellevue
#6 of 29 in Bellevue
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to La Residence Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!