“Fun lunch”

Lunchbox Laboratory
Ranked #61 of 569 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'm mostly a traditionalist burger guy... mustard, relish, abundant raw onions, lettuce, mayo; but I must say the options here were fine, and the plate of raw onions I asked for after they didn't arrive with the burger came promptly and were just right.

The menu is confusing, but once you sort out what is included and what is extra, you can have a great burger here.

Our waitperson was terrific. The outdoor table on a sunny August day was just right. Beer prices and options were good.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A wide variety of hamburgers, lamb burgers, and fries. Some very creative burger options. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good burgers and fries. Great service. Kinda nickle and dime you on a confusing menu and incredibly LOUD. My family basically had to yell to be heard across the table from one another. Not sure why its so loud. I am accustomed to loud machinery from my work. Loud doesn't usually bother me, but this place was unusually loud.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday. I ordered a burger which was pretty good. My son ordered a burger with an extra patty (additional $3.00). I thought the food was a bit pricey for what you received but it is in a nice area of town so I expected the price to be a little higher than normal. The service was very poor as they were short on staff. We were not provided any refills on water until the very end. We had to bother the host to get service and my granddaughter did not receive her kiddie cup. Unfortunately, my wife left her birthday card on the table with two movie tickets. We called them to let them know we left them behind and we were going to pick-up the card the next week when we were in the area. They said they would hold them in lost and found. They did but the tickets were gone. I told my wife that it would not be a place I would go to on a regular basis. She agreed.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think this is a very popular lunch spot in Bellevue. We hit it on July 4th after a movie, so it wasn't very crowded at all. The building where it is located is still not fully occupied, so there may be more attractions/businesses soon. Parking was in a garage below the building, and I'm not sure how easy that would be during the week. Love the decor, and some of the vintage lunchboxes brought back memories.

We had a party of five and got seated at a four top with a chair added on the end. For a mostly empty restaurant at about 6pm, it seemed like they could have done better for us.

The menu did have lots of choices, which took some of our family a while to sort out and decide. Two of the kids got milk shakes and they were great. The skinny fries were good and the tater tots were okay. I got a Hothead with the jalapeno ranch on the side. It came with the ranch slathered on it, but they remade it quickly, though the second burger seemed smaller. We also had a "Homage to Dicks" burger which was good and a Sante Fe which was also good.

I think we like our bacon a bit crispier than is usual for them, so maybe you need to ask for crispy if you want that, and they didn't ask us how we wanted our burgers done, and all came with some pink in the middle.

I think we will definitely go back again.