“Hidden location, happy find”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caspian Grill

Caspian Grill
Ranked #103 of 540 Restaurants in Bellevue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th& 136th Pl NE
Description: This restaurant is related to its sister restaurant in Seattle, WA.
seattle
“Hidden location, happy find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very welcoming space, run by two Iranian brothers. Fine service, very nicely decorated open dining room. We saw a number of family groups, children are welcome, and tables spaced nicely apart. Our food was delicious and unusual. Its always fun to locate a new style of cuisine that offers choices unlike the overly familiar standards when eating out. One order of yogurt scallion spread and two entree's was more than two of us could finish. Plates are served suitable for sharing. I loved my ground meat kabob, full of flavor from the mixture of spices and meat. In the end we finished that dish and brought home more than half the unusual chicken stew plus rice, leaving space for great baklava. The take home was delicious a couple days later. We will be back with family to sample more choices.

• Visited October 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastic Kabab, nice service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I live perhaps 2 mile off Caspian for 12 years and stumbled on it just last month.

Wow - what a surprise! I cannot believe I missed this hidden gem.

I love middle eastern food, and Caspian has its own unique and authentic version if it.

I tried a few items, some were just OK (nothing special in the humus or the babaganush), but other dishes are unbelievably good. The chicken and ground beef kebabs are just out of this world.

The price is very fair. The owner is very friendly and the service is attentive.

We will go again many times.

• Visited June 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Delicious food, warm ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Caspian Grill is tucked away on a side-street, next to two car dealerships. I found this restaurant through some online research, otherwise probably would not have come across it. While the location itself is a little different, the restaurant itself is very warm, cozy, and clean. We walked in feeling very comfortable and anxious for a good meal.

Upon sitting down, we were immediately served a light salad and middle eastern flat bread. We ordered the roasted eggplant appetizer (mirza ghasemi), the spiced beef kabob (spicy barg), and the Fesenjan. The appetizer was very tasty, although $11 seems a bit steep for what we received. It was a nice complement to the salad and flat bread though. The spicy barg was cooked perfectly and had a delicious flavor. I honestly couldn't stop eating as each bite was so flavorful. The Fesenjan stew was simply delicious. It has a great flavor profile, almost like a mole sauce. So you must like a little sweet to enjoy this dish. All entrees come with a significant portion of saffron rice, which makes for a nice side. I would definitely order these meals again. In fact, I'm looking forward to eating my leftovers!

The service was very professional, we always had a full water glass, although I wouldn't say it was overly friendly. To improve the service, it would have been nice to get a little more guidance on the dishes, and what they would recommend first time patrons to order. Prices, while they may seem high at first glance, are fairly good given the quality of food and obvious care that goes into the dish.

• Visited June 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very Good food, not such a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Food generally is of very good quality, but quite a bit pricey too. Service is acceptable but the location is such that you either have to seek it out in advance, or accidentally find it if you are browsing the local BMW and Aston Martin car showrooms.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Manu_MJ
Seattle
“Attitude kills the ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The food at Caspian is good. The kabobs are delicious and the rest are not bad. However, the staff, especially the male staff has MAJOR attitude. There was one gentleman who was pleasant but the other two could not be bothered to crack a smile or not behave as if they are too good to be there. This is not an isolated case. It has happened the previous two occasions we ate there and once on the phone. A question of 'how do you suggest we order for a family of four' was met with ' make up your mind' !!!! there are not a lot of places to get this kind of food but THERE ARE OTHER PLACES. There is one in Seattle where the old Caspian use to be and the people were wonderfully nice. Their prices are also more resonable. Unfortunately the kabobs are slightly tastier here but I think I will take the hospitality and go where I feel welcomed. I gave the place three chances and I think I am done. Too bad because I do enjoy the food.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Caspian Grill? Share your experiences!