“Terrific little Italian place”
Review of Cantinetta

Cantinetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantinetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 553 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Cantinetta is a terrific, comfortable Italian restaurant with a delicious and creative menu.
The menu is rather small but the selections are interesting and obviously created by an adventurous and creative chef. The service is very welcoming and our waitress was especially friendly and contributed to our having a relaxing and enjoyable evening. We would look forward to dining here again the next time we were in Bellevue.
It is definitely worth going to Old Bellevue for dinner at Cantinetta.

There are newer reviews for Cantinetta

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have found ourselves coming back (and back) to Cantinetta for a single reason - the high quality rotating menu. About every three months a large majority of the menu changes; the mains, the starters, almost everything. We go there about once a month to try each item and we have never been disappointed. We found this to be a nice benefit of Cantinetta when compared to other local higher end places such as Bis on Main (our old hangout), the 520 Grill (same old menu) and Daniels (see John Howie). You should not be dissappointed with the food.

A couple of tips: they do not take reservations. The restaurant is on the smaller side and the bar will fill up quickly so arrive early and enjoy a cocktail.

Next, get the signature dessert, Zeppole - these are nutella filled donut holes and are, well, pretty awesome.

All in all, go there. Focus on the mains (should be two or three) and ask for a wine pairing. They know their stuff.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food is fantastic. My family travels frequently to Italy and we have become quite the Italian food critics. Cantinetta is one of our favorites when we are back home. Can be a little loud but not unbearable. Worth a try!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went recently to Cantinetta for the first time for a business dinner on a Thur evening and overall had a decent dinner experience. Nothing to die for though. The melon with prosciutto and the insalata mixta were excellent. However the steack with chanterelle mushroom was just OK though. The meat was a little overcooked (I asked for rare) and the mushrooms were too crunchy and the sauce pretty bland. The dessert (berry cake with gelato) was good. Good espresso and wine too (we had prosecco and rosso de montalcino red). The place is a little too noisy and too dimmed as well (need a flashlight to read the menu) and the service is OK. Overall it was a decent evening.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I have never eaten at either Cantinetta location, but we chose this place to celebrate a special occasion because the Seattle location seems to get good reviews. Despite it being a Tues evening every table was full, and the restaurant seemed oddly understaffed. Our waitress was brusque and unfriendly, despite my husband and I being polite and non-high maintenance customers. At one point, when my husband attempted to get her attention as she passed by, the waitress actually held her finger up practically in his face - indicating that he needed to wait - while she addressed another waiter at the table just next to us for a couple minutes. We found this exceptionally rude. Our appetizers and my husband's entree were quite average in terms of flavor, while a little too high in price. Only my entree of vermicelli with squash was delicious, though there were no squash blossoms in it as the menu promised. I made the mistake of ordering a latte to finish my meal, and found it to be the worst latte I've ever had; it was so burned and bitter I couldn't drink more than one sip. I'm willing to pay just about any price for food when it's high quality, delicious flavor, and served by friendly staff, but this whole experience really ruined what was supposed to be a celebratory occasion for us. When we were ready to pay our bill, we noticed that the waitress was sitting at the bar chatting with someone she knew, and she took her sweet time coming over to get our credit card. With tip, the whole meal came to around $90, which is just the worst feeling when you realize you've paid to be mistreated and underwhelmed by your meal. Needless to say, we won't be dining at either Cantinetta location again.

3  Thank Capybara22

Been to Cantinetta? Share your experiences!