“Coast Bellevue Hotel”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I must preface this review with the fact that the Hotel was full due to an ATC International Cheerleading competition being held that weekend. The Hotel was full of noisy kids, tweens, teens, and parents.

The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. The only glitch we had was trying to reserve a shuttle ride to the competition. We first reserved for an 8:30AM departure for two using our room number. Later we came back and wanted to change the reservation from two to five individuals. This time they could not find the original reservation, so they set up a new one. At 8:30PM that evening we received a call in our room asking us if we were going to come down for our Transportation. Other than that, everything related to the staff and service was fine.

The Hotel and our room were clean, tidy and comfortable. The Hotel did is in need of an upgrade. The sink needed replacing, the sink stopper did not work well, and some of the wall paper was pulling away. Nothing that would spoil our stay. We did really like the bathroom switches. One switch was a motion senor that turned one light on dimly, then brighter the longer you stayed in the room. The other switch had multiple timed buttons controlling the heat lamp. A great feature!

The Hotel has a restaurant and bar that was open for breakfast and dinner. The dinner menu had a good selection of food, at reasonable prices. I believe you can order breakfast a-la cart, but that was unnecessary, as the also have a free continental breakfast. Yoghurt, cereals, fruit, bagels, pastries, muffins, coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice and milk, to name a few of the available items.

All in all I would recommend this Hotel, if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance from down town Bellevue. They have seasonal outdoor pool, but as we were there in January we did not get to use it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the building. Our room was the third one from the end on the seco...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for providing a thorough review of your recent visit to Coast Bellevue Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding our guestrooms and am pleased to see you enjoyed our shuttle, complimentary breakfast and motion sensor lights. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a king suite. We had looked online at the room and lobby pictures, and they looked great. When we got there we looked at the lobby and it was updated and cute. We got to our room, and it was as if we stepped into the 80's or a well worn resale store. The sofa was sunken, the pull out was BAD. The roll out bed (they wanted an extra $10 each night for) was awful, it actually had springs in it. I could go on an on about the filthy looking furniture and roll away bed. We ended up sleeping on the sofa cushions instead. Don't be fooled, shame on you Coast Hotel, putting pictures up that are not accurate depictions of the rest of your rooms. Also, the pool was outdoors, and not open. The fitness center was closed.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank lovethebeach048
Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and apologize for missing the mark on this occasion. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you again and renew your feelings regarding our hotel.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

this is a very good budget hotel. just off the hwy (we came from mount rainier), very accessible but still so close to downtown Seattle. in Bellevue itself there is not much to do, there are whole foods, Macdonalds and others close but mainly if you need a place to stay close to Seattle and not pay Seattle prices- this is it. it took us 15 minutes in the morning to drive to downtown Seattle so it's really close. the room was fine. just what you need for this kind of trip. a comfortable bed, good shower and clean room. breakfast was as always in those hotels- pastries, fruits, jam and a yogurt, we didn't try the pool and other facilities but everything looked fine and clean. I never heard of that chain hotels before but apparently they have a lot more places in the U.S., and I would for sure look for them when I'm booking my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate all of your feedback. I am happy you were pleased with our accommodations and would stay at a Coast Hotel again! Our entire team hopes to see you the next time you visit Seattle.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The staff were really welcoming when I arrived after 14 hours travelling time, I had a room on the ground floor, it was a bit dated, but there was little noise from around and there was tea and coffee facilities in the room. The hotel has a bar/restaurant where you can grab a bite to eat which while not amazing, is pretty much what you need when you first arrive.
The rooms are large, but in need of decoration, the location is great if you want to go into Bellevue, and you can grab a bus from there into Seattle, but that'll take you anything from 40 mins to 2 hours depending on traffic.
Good for a business stay on a budget but wouldn't stay for a tourist trip

Room Tip: Ask for somewhere away from front of hotel or you'll be stripping in front of the car park
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our central location and accommodations!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was comfortable here for a business conference, and the somewhat stale-air room (was fine). If you need a place to stay in Bellevue that's a little more affordable than the rooms over on the West side of the 405, this place works fine. Just remember you get what you pay for.

That said, I had no issue with the efficiency of the staff or the property in general It's not the Ritz Carlton, and it doesn't pretend to be. Only a huge investment in updating would make this place better, and I doubt that's in their economic business model.

Since there's a complimentary breakfast, your expectation should only be for cold cereal and toasted items. I like the modest hot breakfast options I've had in much cheaper hotels, so I was a little disappointed in this regard.

I got a normal and reasonably comfortable night's sleep here, and that's the most important factor, right?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I am so pleased you chose to stay with us while visiting Bellevue for a conference. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback is essential as we continue to improve the type of service we provide. On behalf of our entire team, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here Sept 27, 2013. I got a fantastic rate on hotwire, was easy to find & great location with Whole Foods & many other stores within walking distance. As usually, from my experience, we were not treated any different for booking through hotwire, in fact we were given a room with an amazing city view (see my pic) The room was basic, but had everything we needed. There was a musty water smell near the bathroom which I did mention at the front desk, I asked for an air freshener which they didn't have but they gladly offered to send someone to the room to freshen the air. I told her it wasn't necessary, it wasn't bothersome unless you were in the bathroom. The lobby had wifi & they had comfy chairs to sit, lobby looks nice too. Front desk was very helpful & even provided me a map with all the shopping malls near by. I would stay again, it suited my purpose perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank girlieduke

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are happy you found our staff accommodating and enjoyed the view from your room! Thank you again for the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you visit Bellevue.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the Coast Bellevue at a reasonable rate in a beautiful suite. My cousins went there on their honeymoon 20 years ago and the hotel makes it seems update to date and new. The staff was great!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

What fantastic history your family has at Coast Bellevue! Certainly tell your cousins we wish them many happy anniversaries together. We are delighted that you had an opportunity to visit us. We appreciate your recognition of our great staff and beautiful suites. Thank you for your review.