“Decent room”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was decent, and clean. Okay for decor. Our room was next to an elevator so there was a lot of noises when you try to sleep in. The room comes with breakfast. Not thrilling breakfast but okay. You can get some fruits, muffinhttp://c1.tacdn.com/img2/x.gifs, cereals, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was frightened I had made a mistake when I bid a room here on Price line and I read the poor reviews. Thankfully I found the reviews wrong. This hotel was okay. The rooms are about the size of a Marriott Courtyard. Our room was clean and well appointed though the mattress was too soft for my taste. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We were tired so we ate at the hotel restaurant. The food was not great but not bad either. The breakfast is limited but high quality though they need more than one double toaster and a bagel slicer or larger knife would be helpful. Our main complaint was the exercise room which is totally inadaquate. Only 3 machines and 2 of them didn't work properly. No weights. Exercise not important to every traveler, but it is to my wife and me.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank windjay
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here because rooms were hard to find in August and I found a deal for $89 a night at hotels.com. The place is a dump, the owners haven't put a nickel into updating anything since the 1960's. Worn out carpet, yellowed acoustic tile ceilings, tiny filthy exercise room and pool. The attached restaurant is similarly worn out and dirty, offering a disgusting breakfast buffet of cheap pastries. The owners are milking the location.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you just need a cheap place to sleep this is it. Toilet was noisy, bathtub was clogged pool was closed and breakfast was lame.
Location is good internet and parking are free.
If given a choice after arriving to pay 20 or 30 more dollars per day for a better place I would have done it. We did enjoy Seattle.very much.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Coast Hotel in Bellevue, WA for 6 days in mid-August. Pleasant stay, helpful staff, clean hotel room, and comfy beds! We won an auction through Priceline and I must admit I was a bit worried about the mediocre reviews. The highlights were the cleanliness, staff, and location to downtown Seattle. The only negative is that the laundry room is a bit isolated and not a place I felt totally comfortable using alone at night. There is a Whole Foods right across the street and plenty of amenities available close to the hotel. Seattle and the surrounding areas offer so many amazing places to visit and Coast Hotel made the stay easy & convenient. I would definitely stay there again if the price is right! :)

Room Tip: Second floor right by the ice machine was surprisingly quiet. No complaints!
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am a member of the Coast frequent guest program so I have stayed at many of their hotels and know of the quality usually associated with Coast Hotels. I admit that we are discerning consumers but we are NOT unappreciative and overly critical travellers. This facility was an anomaly for my wife and I along with two other families who stayed at the hotel at our suggestion.

We reserved three of the 'loft' suites which in context are nice and our group enjoyed the design. However the wall covering did not appear to have been replaced for some time. The faucets leaked, the tub had mould evident in the grouting, the air distribution didn't perform well so some basic upgrades of tired surfaces and hardware is needed. The beds were very comfortable which was much appreciated.

The worse evidence of the need for a complete makeover was the horribly dirty cloth chairs and sofa. We actually put used towels on the arms and seat cushions to keep our clothing from getting stained. Aside from the appearance, we couldn't help but wonder about the makeup of the stains.

The outdoor pool which looks so inviting on line seemed to have not been cleaned or tested for chemical needs for some time. It was a putrid shade of blueish/yellow so only unknowing and unsupervised children and people with poor vision would ever venture forth. And the chairs and tables around the pool area were old and several were so damaged, they couldn't be utilized.

Owners of Coast Bellevue, please do yourself and your guests a huge favour... Clean up your property. Spend money to make it attractive in the rooms and not only in the lobby. I can imagine that your property gets a great deal of traffic every year, but that only means that some of the profits have to be reinvested to maintain your traffic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bigduke1835
Reviewed August 11, 2013

$100 was left in the night stand before my room was cleaned and obviously missing when I came back. Three days later $20 was stolen from I my luggage.

Besides that, the hall on the 5th floor smells like toilet water, the pool is really nasty, the gym is tiny (and only has 2 pieces of equipment), the continental buffet is all sweets, and I caught the night manager getting "high" in the parking lot and then returning to work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business