“Decent place to stay”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Coast recently for 5 nights when I was at training in Bellevue. The hotel is average, no major concerns although also nothing to get excited about. The rooms were generally clean, the bed was comfortable and having a fridge in the room was nice. Had to call daily to get maid service as they hasn't come yet by 4 pm when I got back from training. The gym needed to be updated--most of the equipment didn't work, and the employee smoking area was right outside the air intake for the gym. The breakfast was simple but decent. Hotel is about a ten minute walk to Bellevue Collection (the huge mall--standard mall stores and high end designer shops). Right off I-405, convenient but 30-45 minutes from downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The suite I stayed in was spacious.. the lower floor consisted of a desk, living room and a small kitchenette type space with a microwave, refrigerator, and small sink. A really cool circular black stairways is used to go to the upper floor of the suite, where my king bed and bathroom existed. Interesting floor plan nonetheless; if you have heavy luggage, beware that the stairs are narrow. The suite is a bit dated. The king size bed was actually firm, where I got 5 good nights of rest. Did not hear any noise from my neighbors, which was great. There is a huge his and hers sink, perfect for those that want their own sink. The shower was fine, with acceptable water pressure and heated lamps to keep the shower area warm. Bit of stains on the carpet, which goes back to my comment about the room being dated. There are 2 television sets, one on each level of the suite. Nothing fancy but they do show what era they came from but no issues with the channel programming or loudness of the televisions. Wi-Fi was a bit spotty from my room on the 2nd floor, which is disappointing considering internet is complimentary at the hotel. Had I been charged a fee for this, I would have asked for a credit. Breakfast is complimentary, with juices, coffee, pastries and cold cereal and some fruit. For those that want hot breakfast, you can order from the menu and charge to your room. One last comment... the ac unit worked well in my room, and I could feel it coming from the lower level of the suite. Thankfully there were heavy curtains to close on both levels of the suite to block unwanted light coming in from the morning sun. Overall, this is a fine hotel that is literally next to Denny's a short 5 minute walk to Whole Foods Market.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel besides the lobby are extremely dated. First, the bathrooms are dark and dingy, obviously never having been remodeled since the hotels construction. Secondly, the rooms have old small TVs with outdated AC units that can hardly cool the space on a warm day. Finally, the internet access is absolutely atrocious. The wifi network is so slow that I was forced to write this review using my phones 3G. There is no LAN internet access either, so don't plan on getting any work done in your room. I was extremely disappointed with the amenities given the cost of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank asnavel
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We always stay at this hotel if we can when visiting Bellevue Washington each year. The location is wonderful for the price. There are high priced hotels in the center of downtown, this hotel is on the other side of the freeway, a few blocks from city center. However, the hotel offers a free shuttle anywhere in the city within a 5 mile range. This means almost anywhere in Bellevue.
The bed, room, bath, coffee, and cleanliness were all excellent. We especially appreciate the kindness of Diane, a superb front desk clerk.
The breakfast is great; the dining room is huge compared to all other free breakfast motels or hotels we know of...it is the main dining room/bar of the hotel. The selection of pastries is outstanding.
This hotel is very conveniently located, close to the freeway, but one cannot hear traffic noise.

Room Tip: The swimming pool was outside our window and a lovely view...we could also see downtown high rises.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed four nights with two rooms. Got this one on hotwire for somewhat of a deal. Called ahead to confirm two rooms next to each other, they said "ok" but didn't have it when we got there. We ended up with two rooms jammed in the back of the hotel outside (think motel). No big complaints with the facility or room. A bit dated but as expected. Continental breakfast was a bonus - cereal, pastries (good variety if you like those), juices, bagels, coffee, and a bit of fruit.

Location was very convenient and as long as its just a place to sleep and start your day from, it works just fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

After we booked a hotel through Priceline and checked the reviews. Many were negative.. We were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was like many hotel continental breakfasts at hotels. Though I had an ample fried egg with ham breakfast. We had an excellent steak dinner. One of the waitresses has an operatic quality voice and she sang for us while e we were finishing a late breakfast. Fabulous voice. Ask for her to sing. Her name is Siri.

Room Tip: Actually I know nothing of the kids activities. We were 2 adults
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for a school conference and the place was chosen for me by my district. The room had mildew in the bathroom, the wifi access was spotty, the carpet was dirty, the box springs did fit the mattress so it never felt like your bed was stable, and the pillows felt like rock with pillowcases on them. The hot water could also be spotty and there was a giant gap under the door that let in lots of light and noise from the elevator outside of my room It is one thing if you hotel looks scary (I would expect what I just complained about) but, the Coast Bellevue Hotel was like a shiny exterior with the interior of a rent by the hour motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business