“Be careful of room location”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Portland, Oregon
“Be careful of room location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ask for an interior room! This is very important. Even though I had booked in advance, I was given an exterior room which is really more like a cheap motel setup (door and window on walkway). Of course, the price did not reflect that.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room.
1 Thank Rachel881

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Coast Bellevue Hotel for one night in early November. It could use and update, but it was clean. It would have been nice if the tray with food on it that sat, outside our neighbor's door and was there when we checked in at dinner time had been picked up, before we checked out 15 hours later. I would say it was more like a 2.5 star. The staff were very nice though. The restaurant was pretty good, but also dated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The guy who said the seventies called and they want their hotel back hit it spot on. The lobby looks great - the rooms are, well, it's just time to renovate. The service was fine. The mattress was a joke. The Continental breakfast was...as expected. We booked on hotwire for $97 a night, including free internet and free breakfast. It still felt a little steep. My value proposition puts this place at no higher than $85/night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

i got this offer from Hotwire.com for a reasonable price they stated 3 stars hotel. So I was supposed to have queen size bed and I had 2 full size beds instead. Elevator carpet was filthy and walking through the hallway found silverware on the floor. Simply not a 3 stars hotel.

Room Tip: Do not use hotwire.com to get deals. Do you research before booking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is older, and with the elevator out of sight of the front desk and right inside the front door, may not have been very secure. Our room had lovely furniture with a small circular stair to the loft bedroom. A negative was the one bathroom was upstairs. We managed, but we had an 87-year-old who has trouble walking. Since she needed to be near the bathroom during the night, she took the King bed. It was large and laid out with long countertop with sinks, and a separate room for the rest. Downstairs, there was a microwave and plenty of counter space for preparing food. I was on the foldout queen bed. It was a bit uncomfortable, as fold-outs often are. A murphy bed is always preferable.
The location near Meyenbauer Center, with a free shuttle by request, was ideal for my situation. While the others went shopping at Bellevue Square and then checked in, I went to an afternoon meeting, after which the shuttle deposited me at the hotel.
We did have a conference rate, so it was excellent value.
The breakfast was for sweet carbohydrate lovers. There was no yogurt when we arrived, but some Yoplait [a better brand!] was there as we left. The muffins were excellent. Bagels with cream cheese gave a hint of protein, but with so many calories. Hard boiled eggs would have been a nice addition for protein without carbs and heavy calories.

Room Tip: Ours was on a very nice courtyard, but we were hardly in the room to enjoy it.
Auckland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is not a 3 star property in case you get misled like I was, the hotel was a weird musty odour, rooms are dated beyond description, in fact I would suggest turning this into a museum, where people are paid to brave the night. The hotel charged me twice although I had a pre-pay reservation through Priceline and its 3 weeks later they still haven't sorted it out, what peeves me is that I only gave my credit card for incidental expenses which when I left was confirmed there weren't any, yet after my departure I was charged over $300 which I find disingenuous.

If you book through Priceline I have a funny feeling they specially block some rooms in the older run down wing for you which is like staying in dormitory. The only positives are, the location which is quite central and the hotel staff who try hard to keep their chin up despite shonky facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside part of the hotel, otherwise you will wonder if it is a hotel or a mote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The rooms are so comfortable, the staff is very helpful and friendly. I did not try the full service restaurant or room service, but the continental breakfast was awesome. I highly recommend the chocolate cupcakes.

The location of this hotel can't be beat, literally the freeway and city are right outside of your door. We had a beautiful room with a view of downtown Bellevue on the top floor.

I think this is my new favorite hotel in Bellevue. There is nothing about my stay there that I would change.

Room Tip: If you stay on the top floors and choose a western facing room, you will see the downtown lights of...