“best crab bisque of your life!”
Review of Nordstrom Grill

Nordstrom Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Nordstrom Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 571 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101st Ave. NE
Transit: Metro and Sound Transit Bus Service with the stop at The Bellevue Transit Center
Description: The Nordstrom Grill is a comfortable and classic restaurant. Menu selections include house-prepared soups, grilled sandwiches, freshly prepared salads, memorable entrees, and a selection of delicious main courses. The food is complimented with a full bar.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

i love nordstrom. and i love the nordstrom grill.

nothing beats their crab bisque. i've made it at home, but believe me, it's not worth the effort. their crab bisque is TO-DIE-FOR-GOOD. if you're short on time, just grab a cup or bowl to go. easy-peasy.

other items on their menu are actually surprisingly good as well. i actually haven't had anything bad at the grill. and if i had, it's nordstrom, so they'd replace it for you no problem. service is always a little iffy, but their food by far makes up for it.

here's what i've tried:
mac & cheese (good portions of crab!),
flattened chicken with arugula (one of my faves),
bruschetta (order this ASAP if they have it on their menu, the bread is so crunchy yet soft and the array of tomatoes are delish),
chicken ciabatta (used to be a fave, but i've found other items more tasty, but this is still really good),
french dip (not the best french dip i've had - that's in napa valley! - but it's decent)
salmon (good)

i'm sure plenty of other things, but i can't remember. clearly, i go here a lot. well, i used to work at nordstrom, so it was convenient. i'll tell you, i've long from worked here and i'm still coming back. even though i HATE coming to the mall. nordstrom never disappoints and their crab bisque hits the spot.

don't get scared thinking it's going to be corporate chain gross-ness, it's not. it's legit good, tasty food. time and time again, this place is delish. oh, and when they offer their white chocolate, raspberry bread pudding, you must get it. the boy is OBSESSED with it. :)

1  Thank tcck55210

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a review of my lunch on 23DEC12 as apart of my mini-vacation in the Bellevue/Seattle Area

==> The Place:
The Grill is located physically inside Nordstrom's Bellevue square location. It's easy to miss as it's set off to the side, next to fine men's suits, but it is sign-posted.

The venue itself is on the smaller, more intimate side with mostly two- and four-person tables, and few booths. Lighting is on the moderate side giving it a quiet, understated luxury feel-- right in line with what really is classically Nordstrom decor.

==> The Food & Menu:
As the name implies, the menu features "Grill" foods. They are somewhat famous for their salads which come in a range of options, and are very good sized (and value for money). Also featured are several hot and cold sandwiches as well as classic (beef) burgers. For those seeking lighter or smaller plates, they do have a good range of appetizers that can serve as entrees or are ample to share among a group.

On the larger side, entrees like Halibut & Chips, grilled steak and roasted chicken round out the main menu.

Of course, there is full bar service.

==> The Service:
As one might expect, as this is after all Nordstrom eatery, the service is classic Nordstrom style-- smiling, warm, inviting, personable and efficient. Nothing really seems to be a "no, we don't have or can't do" attitude here.

==> My Experience:
I arrived with my lunch partner at 12:20P having made 12:30P lunch reservations directly with the Grille the day before.

We were recognized by the greeter, our names and reservation times confirmed. We waited for no more than three (3) minutes while our table was prepared.

As we were seated, the greeter informed us of our server, presented our menus and wished us a good meal. A nice pre-seating presentation service.

Our server showed up a few minutes afterwards and introduced himself by name. He lead us thru the menu while offering his personal suggestions in each category and even going as far as offering a wine pairing with entrees.

We both selected the same thing-- the Halibut and Chips.

Prior to our entrees being presented, a basket of fresh sourdough bread and whipped butter was presented.

Our entrees arrived in about 11 minutes from time of order- a very respectable time line.

Each entree had four full sized halibut 'fingers' and was accompanied with thin shoe-string style chips (french fries) and accompanied by house-made tartar sauce, lemon wedge and a small side of fresh coleslaw salad.

I must say that I am generally not a huge fan of most restaurants 'fish & chips' as I find the either fish to be of average to mediocre in quality, the batter to be either bland or the fish ends up being excessively oily and soggy.

In this case, I have to admit, I was very pleasantly surprised. The halibut was moist and flaky, but still with good texture. The highlight however, has to be the fish. While the batter was good, the halibut really "made" this dish.

It was cut to the right thickness, so that it held it's texture well, but still flaky to the bite.. It presented an excellent contrast between the exterior batter which was crisp with a nice golden brown color, while the inside of was still moist. It provided for a nice contrast in textures between the crispy batter exterior and the soft interior of the halibut fillets... and for me, while the batter was a definite "plus" it didn't distract from the fish at all.

I also love their chips (or fries) which were hand-cut thin, not machine made- and fried until the outside had a nice crunch, but still maintained a fluffy full-potato taste inside.

The entree was rounded off with a scoop of their coleslaw which added a nice cool, creamy contrast to the halibut and chips.

I was barely able to eat the entire entree myself, so reluctantly I had to pass on any desserts.

==> Summary:
I've been a loyal Nordstrom shopper for many, many years; so I know where the "bar" is set in terms of what the service expectation is and should be in a Nordstrom-branded venue; but I've never actually dined at a Nordstrom restaurant or Grill; so this was new territory for me.

I must say that the same service level you might expect at a Nordstrom store is what you'll find here at the Grill.. It's a quiet, small oasis-like respite from the store shopping experience just outside of the Grill's doors.

On the food side, I was also pleasantly surprised. While Fish & Chips isn't a unique entree by any means, I've had plenty of them that were either uninspired, cooked poorly or just flat out bad.. and this one really stood out. The batter was just right, but the fish- both cut and quality- really 'made' this dish.

Combine the two parts- food and service- and the Grill to me, presents an attractive value-for-money proposition.

==> PRO:
Nice place with first-rate staff. They have a very good selection of fresh (live) seafood.

==> CON:
Since it's actually right inside the Norstrom (Bellevue Square), the hours will mirror that of the store as well. Therefore, those who are early or later diners, may have issues.
It's small, so at peak times, a non-reservation seat might incur some waiting time.

==> RATINGS:
Service: 4/5: Very good, prompt and professional. Classic Nordstrom all the way.
Food: 5/5: Very solid food; both the halibut and chips, but also the "little things" like the fresh sourdough bread and house-made tartar sauce.
Value: 4/5: I think that when it's all considered; what it is, where you are, the portions, quality and atmosphere, this is a very compelling value. Each halibut & chips entree was right around US$17++
Atmosphere: 3/5: Quite and upscale, but not too "luxurious" as to be out of place in what is a retail store. I personally would prefer a bit more lighting to make a more inviting experience.

1  Thank GOPBI
Reviewed January 9, 2013

So hard to choose which salad to get, so I am trying to work through all the choices. Have not had any difficulty finding a seat, even at noon. I usually only go during the week. I have had wonderful salmon dishes and hamburgers. Nice place to meet a friend and get away from the craziness of the mall.

1  Thank dbqgirl
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were shopping in Nordstrom at Bellevue Square and wanted to have a quick bite, so The Grill was a logical choice. We had to wait 10 minutes until seated and were in somewhat of a hurry so we only had entrees: Roast Chicken & Herb Spaetzle and Halibut & Chips; both excellent. Service was fast (but of course had to wait for the chicken and the fish but not too much) and friendly. My only complaint is that the seats on the long bench are somewhat uncomfortable, and there is practically no space to put your shopping bags. Prices are reasonable, particularly if you consider the prices in the store itself.

2  Thank Robicsek
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice spot to have a mac and jacks and the chicken was great. i would stop in here again if i was in the area. Bar tender was very helpful.

1  Thank LifeIsGrandBytheSEA