“Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 538 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 6th St and 110th Avenue NE
Sammamish, Washington
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I had a great lunch on Saturday- restaurant had a broad menu and the prices fair. I would have given the experience a 5 however the waitress never came back to refill or coffee until we asked for the bill ( coffee cups very small,maybe 5oz so we drank water until we got our bill). I would still recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rnothlich

Seattle WA
“Food was disappointing, not very warm and did not have the bells and whistles you find at the Seattle Location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

First I must say I am a faithful Wild Ginger fan. I just ate at the Seattle location a week prior to this and was very pleased. This go around we decided to try the Bellevue location and were expecting the same type of quality as their sister restaurant. We were very disappointed in the food quality and a bit disappointed in some of the service. It started when I asked for a booth for me and my husband. We were told they did not have any. Meanwhile we passed several empty booths and the hostess sat us by the window at the far end of the bar. We were there for a late lunch and the restaurant was not that full. I was looking forward to bowl of their hot and sour soup. Unfortunately this location does not serve this and the waiter suggested another which we decided to try. The soup was served luke warm. We ordered the spicy green bean dish. The beans looked like they had been sitting in a warming tray for a while and were all wilted. The seafood noodle dish was misisng half of the fish that you would get at the seattle location. We had also ordered appetizers and asked the waiter to bring them out first. He served everything at once. The fish lettuce wraps were average and I will say the only thing I really felt was good was the panage beef which tasted good. At best it was a disappointing experience and I couldnt in good conscience recommend this place. Stick with the other location as this restaurant has not worked out it's kinks.

2 Thank TikiTravels
Bellevue, Washington
“Good Food, Family Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had dinner with the family here the other night and it was great. We liked that it was served family style, so we all got to try a little of everything. The 7 Flavor Beef was amazing, the lamb and boar satays were also great. I probably wouldn't order the duck again. Service was a bit slow for our liking.

1 Thank 63bananas
Seattle, Washington
“Reservations only? rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have been to the Seattle location numerous times and have always enjoyed the delicious pan pacific style menu, drinks, service and atmosphere. We decided to give the Bellevue location a try yesterday right before the dinner hour at 4:45. Anyone who has been to the Bravern is well aware that it is having financial difficulties and is not drawing in the clientele...even in prestigious Bellevue. Wild Ginger may be one of the only businesses holding the place together.

We did not have reservations and it was very quiet. They sat us downstairs in the back, in a very dark corner. The entire downstairs was empty, not a single table with patrons, a waiter, hostess...anyone. Not the end of the world but definitely not the enjoyable, attentive dining experience you come to expect with Wild Ginger.

We asked if we could be moved upstairs where we noted there were at least 15 empty tables when we entered. The hostess said all the tables were held for reservations. Now correct me if Im wrong but someone standing in the establishment a typically quiet time before the dinner hour, observing 15-20 empty tables is not going to accept this answer lightly. I got out my phone, pulled up opentable.com and found a reservation time within 15 minutes. I asked the hostess if I made a "reservation" in 15 minutes, if we could be seated on the upper level. She nonchalantly stated there are no reservation slots for that time. At that point I had enough and told them I was not going to "beg" and patronize a place that clearly displays a pompous, entitled attitude starting at the hostess stand.
I will return to the Seattle establishment but definitely skip the Bellevue location.

2 Thank smrbrz
Vancouver, Canada
“Resting on their laurels?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have dined at the downtown Seattle location a few times, last visit a couple of years ago. We quite enjoyed it so we thought we would give the Bellevue location a try. I hope this visit wasn’t representative of the present Wild Ginger experience. The food (even the $27 pepper scallops) was completely pedestrian. The service felt like turning their table was the priority, not the guest experience. This visit left me with the feeling that Wild Ginger is resting on their laurels or lost their mojo. I wouldn't rush back.

• Visited January 2012