“JUST barely south of five stars”

Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 591 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 124th ST.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place is one of the few churrascarias that approach the Fogo de Chau chain's quality. This is an excellent spot.

Highlights: Awesome meat that's very skilfully cooked (mostly--sometimes the parmesan pork is wanting a tad bit). Their best cuts are their ribeye and their lamb and they knock both of them out of the park!

Salad bar is modeled after the Fogo de Chau chain's method and just as amazing! Yes, you can take a vegan to this restaurant and he or she will have an amazing meal.

Minor dings: Parmesan pork was kind of dry. Also they conned me into ordering their lemoncello liquour and it tasted like cough syrup. I should have asked them to take it off the check; maybe they would have.

I've been here four times now and been incredibly pleased each time. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We purchased a Groupon and I saved it for my husband's birthday. Traveled an hour to the restaurant which would've been hard to find without my GPS. Parking was easy. Although there were many empty tables in the restaurant, we were led to the least appealing table - immediately next to the kitchen door (not 3 feet away). Being our first visit, we were a bit too initimidated to ask for better seating. The server came 'round & explained everything well. Very pleasant employees here, despite the hickups.
Loved the salad bar, especially the ceviche! You can easily make a well-rounded meal from the salad bar itself. I had the Brazillian Limeade (love lime drinks) and it was wonderful. Felt a little miffed after seeing server after server walk by the table without stopping (our green buttons were up & clearly visible). We were offered sausage & chicken a few times, but the more prime cuts - steak, lamb only visited our table once in the hour & half we were there. The bacon wrapped chicken was rich, but the filet minon was as tough as round steak - I would've guessed that was what it was if the server hadn't told us beforehand. Desserts were just ok. Pricey - even with the Groupon, our bill for 3 (no cocktails) came to over $160 and that was after the discount, with tips.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had dinner on Valentine's evening. Service was excellent. We have several wait staff taking care of us. They were all friendly, and we did not feel rushed even for a night as busy as Valentine's night. The decor was inviting, and they even put red roses on every table. The food was pretty good. Meats were juicy and tender, and the wait staff was good about cutting the part of the meat cooked the way we liked it.

The only other restaurant I've been to like this was in Manhattan, and Novilhos didn't really measure up to that. I don't know if that's a fair comparison, except that Novilhos was more expensive. Yes, more expensive than Manhattan! I was a little underwhelmed by the variety of meats offered at Novilhos. The restaurant in Manhattan was great because I got to taste top sirloin, flank steak, rib eye, tenderloin, strip steak, roast, etc. all back to back, and it really helped me understand what cuts I liked best. During our visit to Novilhos we were offered only about 5 different cuts of beef, a couple kinds of chicken, and a couple cuts of pork. Beyond that, it was the same cuts with cheese on one, garlic on another, plain, etc. I don't care for garlic or cheese on my meat, so it felt like there wasn't all that much variety.

For me, this restaurant comes down to value. If we could get out of Novilhos as a couple for $75-$100, I would go a couple times a year and give it 5 stars. The menu is fixed price, and two of us spent well over $150. So even though I kind of liked Novilhos for the novelty factor, at that price there are other places I would go back to instead.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been here on a Groupon voucher but even so the price was rather high even for a rondizio. The starters were rather unimaginative and mostly didn't really reflect the the Brazilian food culture. Likewise half the meat choices you wouldn't find at an authentic restaurant (like BBQ-Ribs and Parmesan Pork). However the more authentic beef dishes were done to the point, the only exception being the houses recommendation.
Service was extremely slow, losing them the option of selling us a second round of cocktails.
All in all there are better choices for the price.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We arrived about 10 minutes before our reservation and were promptly seated to a small table with rose petals and a candle, where at least three staff members attended to us all night while gauchos walk by with various meats on sticks. The meat is always tender and delicious and well flavored. The "House Special" is my favorite. A first class restaurant, and an amazing experience.