“Huge disappointment - eating charcoal”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of El Gaucho

El Gaucho
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 540 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between NE 4th & NE 8th Streets
Transit: Located next to the NE 6th Street Transit Center.
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho Bellevue's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Bellevue's best. Live music is offered nightly. Dine on our outdoor patio for lunch, happy hour, or dinner. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Seattle, Washington
“Huge disappointment - eating charcoal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ordered a medium rare ribeye. Came well done with no pink at all. Edges were brittle charcoal and the flavor was just plain burnt. I was eating with business guests and didn't have the time nor the opportunity to return it. The waiter didn't seem to notice the hockey puck he delivered. I hope he noticed the 1 cent tip for his snooty "service."

Go to Ruths Chris at Bellevue Square, John Howie or better yet Jak's Grill in Issaquah for a great cut of meat without the crazy stuckup fanfare.

Visited April 2013
El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi darkswede218,

Thank you for taking time to write - It is feedback from our guests like you that helps us achieve our goal of being a world class establishment. We take comments like yours to heart and we're very sorry that we fell short of expectations for your meal. Your steak should be prepared as you ordered, and if not done right we like the opportunity to correct it as soon as possible. We're sorry that the service also fell short and didn't recognize that your order was incorrect and to offer you other options.

Our General Manager, Tony Capra, welcomes the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more about your recent visit with us. Please reach out to him at the restaurant by calling 425.455.2715 or email tcapra@elgaucho.com.

We sincerely hope that you'll give us another try moving forward. Thank you again for your feedback.

“Great lunch menu prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fried and I went over for lunch and we found surprising low prices for lunch, we had a salad and a pizzeta each and even though it was kind of bready, it was a good deal, I believe I spent 30 on both of us and were able to enjoy great service as usual.

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Wow! Great place to celebrate our anniversary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited the Bellevue location of El Gaucho on Saturday evening for our 28th anniversary and had a wonderful, wonderful time. We were greeted at the curb by the valet and then by the hostess---very welcoming. And the friendliness continued from all members of the staff who not only served us but also passed by our table. The table was topped by red rose pedals scattered over it and a card of congratulations/happy anniversary. We started our meal with the crab cakes which were just ok --- mine was lukewarm. Next came the tableside-created caesar salad, which was very good. My husband makes the salad at home also so we were very attentive to the ingredients and the finished tastes. Couldn't and wouldn't complain at all---very nicely done. For the main entree I had the lamb rack which was very delicious. I even forgot being on my best behavior and picked up the rib bones and gnawed the meat off. My husband had the El Gaucho steak, which he liked, but after tasting my lamb he wished he had ordered the lamb. We also had the shareable side dish of sweet, roasted corn, which was very good. For dessert he had burnt cream and I had the apple tart --- which filling and satisfying. We choose the Silver Oak cabernet for dinner and each had dessert wines (port and sauterne) with our final dishes. As we left the dining area everyone, including one of the chefs, thanked us for coming and wished us a great weekend. All in all we had a fabulous dinner to remember and drool over. Definitely will be back. The only downside was the noise level required us to talk loudly when conversing. Ask for a booth on the upper level and not on the floor level --- less noise if possible. This can be an expensive place to eat but for a special occasion it is well worth it.

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“An expensive treat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My fiance and I tend to come here on special occasions to "splash out" with a steak, and some wine/cocktails. I generally go for the chowder to start, and my fiance tries the sambal shrimp. The smallest steak comes at a price of around $50 dollars, but it is always really delicious. Be careful though, because the sides are extra, but the portions are huge, so sharing is recommended.
I'm a big dessert fan, but for some reason, their desserts just don't please me! I enjoy the cocktails though, they are VERY strong, so I started asking them for specific cocktails, and they always accommodate my requests. It's a large enough restaurant, having the bathrooms upstairs though is just annoying, especially if you are a lady wearing heels! I think the first couple of times going here I always felt special, but that novelty has worn off now. A good place though, but I think I'll try around some other steak houses though in the region for comparison.
The staff are really efficient, prompt and friendly.

• Visited April 2013
Redmond, Washington
“High end restaurant with pretty good grilled steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you are going here you are hopefully going for steaks. All their steaks are grilled so you have to like that grilled flavor otherwise its definitely worth skipping.
Their seafood sampler while large was overcooked and definitely nothing amazing.
Steak with truffle butter you could hardly taste the truffles in but the mac & cheese with truffles was very good.

Their desserts were also very good, although their cheese and fruit platter isn't worth the time.

Pricing is a bit high, and if you are not looking for a filet look forward to 60+ for a decent steak.

Most of their combo items all integrate filets too.

They have some discount membership program (possibly with birthday perks) but it takes 'up to a week' to join so make sure you join it a few weeks before a possible visit to earn your savings.

Kitchen was nice to see, not quite as exhibition as some I have seen but good all the same. They validate the parking garage so be sure to bring your ticket, valet out front also. Building it is part of is also very nice.

• Visited February 2013