“Excellent every time but avoid busy times or be prepared to wait in line”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #2 of 554 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visit Din Tai Fung a couple of times per month. It is a great experience. Food, service and atmosphere are fantastic. But I tend to arrive outside of peak periods as the wait times can be long.

There are newer reviews for Din Tai Fung

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We heard this was really good and made it a point to go here during our trip.

We waited 2 hours for dinner on a Saturday night (didn't get seated until 9:00pm). Seating is cafeteria style, where your table is literally 2 inches away from others.

Food was bad! We ordered pork ribs as an appetizer, they were cold inside and room temp on the outside. Tried the infamous dumplings- bland, tasteless, and NOT what I expected according to others reviews. My main meal was vegetarian fried noodles, they were okay but none of this was worth the wait or the hype. Panda Express would have probably been better.

The service was also slow, since the waiter was too busy talking to the kitchen staff.

1  Thank quite-opinionated
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stumbled across this place by accident and it had a massive queue out of the door and a great open view of the dumplings being made by 10-15 chefs expertly organised in a little glass fronted kitchen.

It has a great positive atmosphere, great for family dining and after work meals. The server was very helpful and really took time to walkthrough the menu.

The dumplings are fantastic and a must. Overall the food was excellent and the spicy wonton's the highlight. Really very good.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I love most asian food, especially dim sum. Sadly, my partner doesn't typically like asian food. He actually wanted to try this restaurant while we were in Bellevue based on the positive reviews online. We were both very impressed. The service was amazing. Lots of great small plates to share. Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Can hardly go wrong with dim sum, and with the easy access location in Bellevue it's even better. I will have to admit the quality of the food and overall experience was unlike going to the original in Taipei, but hey I'll take it.