“Diners beware! They charging for condiments!”

Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 599 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great food taste and quality. Lots of Irish ale choices. Great pub environment. But that is all dampered by charging extra for an additional tartar sauce! There is a first time for everything I guess.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

While not outrageously expensive, Paddy Coyne's food is not worth the price. I ordered fish and chips for $14.00 and received 2 small pieces of fish, "chips" were overly salted shoestring fries which I found inedible and a huge piece of rubbery kale. Chicken with pasta, also $14.00 was a portion about half the size as you will find just about anywhere else. The salmon $17.00 was also undersized and very bland. Service was horrible, a wrong order was plopped down and the waiter turned his back and walked away before we could tell him it was not what was ordered. When we finally were able to, no apology or complimentary item was offered. The correct order arrived as everyone else was finishing. The waiter never came back until he brought the check.
I realize Paddy Coyne's is primarily a bar and I didn't expect 5 star food, but I've had better bar food for half the price and served by someone who can smile and not treat you like cattle to be herded in and out (which to be fair is the norm for downtown Bellevue).

DanCorry, Owner at Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Hi there Rufus
Regardless what you think of anything else there is no excuse for bad service and poor communication and for that I apologize. We will work internally to identify what drove your poor service and do our best to fix it.

With regard to the food and prices, while I can say we are comparable to our competitors, this is an expensive location to run a business - not an excuse but a reason.

For issues related to quality, we do actually strive to produce quality food all the time but sometimes there are exceptions. The best option for us to address is real time while you are dining with us. Engaging with the manager on duty OR even your server (who should be more attentive and caring than your experience) should generally address most issues.

I am sorry you had a less than excellent visit with us but I do hope that you will give us another chance. Our customers are key to our success.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

...this is the place for you. I had to shout to my friend across the table to be heard, and the food that sounded pretty good on the menu, was not up to "mediocre". The only thing good about the place are the waiters who were very nice. I wouldn't go back if it were free.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the whole year I lived in Bellevue this place became my office. Almost every day after work I had a draft Guiness with excelent quality (which is hard to get outside the UK). Happy hour on whiskies EVERYDAY and live music on weekends.
Service depends on how crowded it is... the bartenders however are always top notch (best is to sit at the bar).
They have a loyalty program in which you get stamps on a list of drinks. After filling the first one you will ger 10% for life and after filling 4 they will engrave your name on a plaque and put it on the wall!!!!! (never got to finish mine though).
Good to go alone or with friends.. food is ok to be an irish pub un the US I may say.

DanCorry, Owner at Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for the great review. Keep those loyalty cards they never expire. FYI we have added new 'Irish Passport' loyalty card that takes you through several flights of Whiskey from Ireland and Whisky from Scotland and wait for it.....TEQUILA too.

Never a dull moment at Paddy's

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took my Wife and Parents for fish and chips and Colcannon but Paddy's dropped the Colcannon from the menu. The fish and chips moved from very good to average. The halibut and chips at Nordstrom's is far better. Still ok for a beer before a movie.

2  Thank Rnothlich

Fish & Chips: Not sure what we were thinking, playing with a good formula but we did and I'm sorry BUT we have since improved and got it back to where it should be. I think it may even be better now. Occasionally, we also run a Halibut and Chips special and I think it is fabulous.

Please come back and try it !!

Colcannon: People just didn't have the same palette as you and I. It wasn't selling so we had to take this Dublin gem off the menu. Sorry - just business.