“I love coming here!”
Review of John Howie Steak

John Howie Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
John Howie Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 547 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 112 th Ave NE
Transit: Bellevue transit center.
Description: John Howie Steak - a downtown Bellevue favorite. Located in the Bravern near 405 (freeway) off of 8th Ave. A great happy hour with a near famous cheeseburger, bar and lounge open till 11pm or midnight. Fine dining in the dining room. Lunch is quite reasonable ($12-$15 entreees) and delicious. Premium steakhouse for lunch meetings, dates or of course any occasion for dinner. Private dining rooms available as well. Catering available. A fine dining restaurant with more casual options for lunch, happy hour, the bar and lounge.
Issaquah, Washington
“I love coming here!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

John Howie Steak is the best steakhouse in the the Seatte/Bellevue area. Period! I dine here at least once a year for my husband's work and boy is it a treat for me! I always order the ribeye (the eye or the cap...I can never remember but it's the more flavorful cut) and it is the most perfectly salted and the most tender steak I've ever had. It is that good. I get that it's the most expensive steakhouse in the area, but it's the best! The service has always been spectacular. Never had an issue with the wait staff. I can't wait to come back for the holiday season!

• Visited December 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Great steak, wonderful service!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

While the food is very good here, the service is the star!
The people have beautiful manners, are friendly and and offer 5 star service! It is a pleasant experience to have dinner at John Howie. The steak and twice baked potato were perfectly presented and we walked out with a delicious, complimentary chocolate! A super evening!
We have had the same experience at Seastar, John Howie's other restaurant in Bellevue!

Visited August 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Great dinner”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you go on a Fri/Sat night, they have prime rib, which was the best part of our meal (aside from the gougere that came in the bread basket - I could eat 100 of those, so good!). Hubby got a ribeye which was a little over-charred but still delicious. The real reason we come here is for their wedge salad. Silly, I know, but it is the perfect salad, honestly. Our waiter (Tyler, I think?) was wonderful and congratulated us on our anniversary which was super sweet!

• Visited August 2014
West Vancouver, Canada
“Bad Service”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Food's ok but not outstanding. One of our side-dishes, spinach, is over-cooked. Good environment but service's kind of pretentious & snorty. Not recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Over Priced Good experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Well, I was talked into their Wagyu Steak which was Good but paid for it $107, and they lost 1 stars in my eval. because prices were not in the menu and it should have been. second because i wasn't offered complementary bread and butter , although I asked !

Everything else is amazing. it is fine dining restaurant that offers luxurious high-end experience, Extremely pricy though

• Visited August 2014