“One of the best restaurant experiences ever!”
Review of John Howie Steak

John Howie Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
John Howie Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 551 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 112 th Ave NE
Transit: Bellevue transit center.
Description: John Howie Steak - a downtown Bellevue favorite. Located in the Bravern near 405 (freeway) off of 8th Ave. A great happy hour with a near famous cheeseburger, bar and lounge open till 11pm or midnight. Fine dining in the dining room. Lunch is quite reasonable ($12-$15 entreees) and delicious. Premium steakhouse for lunch meetings, dates or of course any occasion for dinner. Private dining rooms available as well. Catering available. A fine dining restaurant with more casual options for lunch, happy hour, the bar and lounge.
Sitka, Alaska
“One of the best restaurant experiences ever!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

WOW! Amazingly attentive service, the BEST table-prepared Caesar salad I have EVER had, divine steak, and a brilliant, innovative and yummy dessert: Tempura-fried lemon poppyseed pound cake, with white chocolate sauce, lemon marscapone, and huckleberry jam. This delectable combination of tastes merged into ecstasy in our mouths ... Incredible! This restaurant is an expensive treat, but well worth it.

• Visited July 2012

Valencia, Spain
“Pricey but the staff made it worthwhile!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Having never heard of the restaurant, we were walk-ins near the end of happy hour. The staff were very helpful and even hustled us through the happy hour menu so we could enjoy some of the "deals". Cue up the fried brussel sprouts...awesome!
I had the tartare to start and the king crab as a main. Both were very well prepared but a bit pricey ($21 & $80 respectively).
The staff made the meal! Very friendly and attentive.
Never tried the wine list but will do on a future visit.
Definitely worth a visit and not pretentious as it first appeared.

1 Thank Fallguy450
Mukilteo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice, except the price”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Pleasant atmosphere, delicious food (in general), and impeccable service. Too bad the steak was only average for a steak house and way over priced. The French Onion soup and the Crab Bisque were very good, the salad and steam asparagus were nice and both the mushrooms and chicken were wonderful. Unfortunately the Porterhouse steak (Oscar) was a disappointment, especially considering it was $86. Other items on the menu were more in line price wise for a restaurant of this caliber. .

Sammamish, Washington
“Ask for a private table!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I took my husband to dinner at John Howie for his birthday. When I made the reservation I asked for a private table. Instead we were seated at a small 1/2 booth table It was almost a cafeteria like atmosphere! I noticed some private booths (somewhat like the snugs at McCormick and Schmick's) on the way in and was hoping for something more like that. The food was good- we orderd filets and lobster mashed potatoes (wow, they serve a way too huge portion.) Overall it was pretty good. I think Daniel's Broiler takes the win over John Howie, if you can find a nice table by the window in the bar area, while the piano man is playing.

Kirkland, Washington
“Everything was beyond amazing!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our in-laws took us here for our first wedding anniversary and it was just perfect! Our cocktails were wonderful and our waiter even had one made for me that wasn't on the list. Even the bread basket was delicious! My husband ordered the Wagyu trio peppercorn style and every bite was delicious. I ordered my steak French style which everyone agreed was the best! It was so good! The sides were amazing as well! We got the gnocchi, chipotle corn and asparagus and they were all fantastic. My favorite was the gnocchi so definitely try that one! We were going to order dessert and so we ordered the salted caramel tart. Our waiter brought it to us for free because of our anniversary! So sweet! Not to mention it was the best dessert I have ever tasted! Seriously. So good. Definitely get that even if you just take it home! A wonderful anniversary dinner! yum!!

• Visited May 2012