“A treat-yourself atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“A treat-yourself atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

The staff is very professional and the experience is very relaxing.

Visited December 2011

Tamuning, Mariana Islands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Massage - great; Reception service - lacking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

We booked massages and pedicures at this Gene Juarez location as a spa party arrangement. My friend in Seattle had a brochure that mentioned spa parties could be arranged at their locations.

Although it sounds like a great idea, Gene Juarez really should not be advertising this service at all. Please read below to find out why:

We called Gene Juarez in downtown Seattle and was told that the Bellevue location was bigger with more staff and could accommodate our group better. My four friends booked a month or two ahead first, then I added myself in at a later date to make our party five guests in all.

Since I added myself late, I was told that I would not be able to get my massage the same time as my friends - that I'd be booked for a treatment an hour later. Because of the late time for the massage, I was told there would not be time for me to get a pedicure. I was OK with this.

After that, I started to sense trouble brewing as check-in time arrangements confirmed were moved, then confirmed again, then moved back, then confirmed - we really weren't sure when we should go there, as we feared the spa receptionists might even call the day of and move our spa party again.

They did, though, find a massage therapist to take me the same time as my friends, but unknowingly to me, the spa booked me for one of their more expensive massage treatments, not the same one as my friends.

The pedicure time for my friends was badly scheduled. Two of my friends finished their massage treatments and waited. Meanwhile, the receptionist called for my other friend still getting her massage treatment for the pedicure. When she was done with her massage, she went to the locker room to shower, only to be dismayed when the receptionist angrily - I mean angrily, in a loud tone - told her that there would be no time for her to shower and she must get her pedicure done.

My two friends who had been waiting a while, slightly embarrassed by the whole thing, decided to go in her place for the pedicure first so that she could shower.

Afterwards, we went out to the front to pay. That was when I found out I was booked for a more expensive massage treatment without confirming with me and even though the rest of the people in my group had another type of massage.

Even worse, my friend at the cashier next to me was being charged for two pedicures. She then told the cashier she only had one pedicure done. The cashier then said something like, "oh yeah huh? Why would you have two pedicures in one visit?" It took so long for them to readjust the billing.

The cashier, who told us she was new, had to call her supervisor, who was forever on the phone - it must have been another guest complaint. Too bad for us, since she took out some of her anger on us.

The only thing that was great was the massage treatment by their therapist, Jay. He was extremely friendly and I enjoyed the treatment immensely.

All in all, spa parties should not be advertised as a service for Gene Juarez. Instead of a party - the photo in the brochure and on their Web site shows a group of women getting a pedicure together.

At this spa, the room for pedicures only seated two, and there was another room that seated one. Additionally, there were only two staff that did pedicures anyway.

The spa party wasn't really a party - it just seemed like we all had separate appointments coincidentally scheduled around the same time.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Storee
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Doesn't live up to it's Reputation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

I recently moved to Washington from Arizona. After asking around about salons I heard about Gene Juarez. Since it was apparently “The place to be” I went. Several times… and have been disappointed several times. I’ve gotten a so-so hair cut with little attention to detail with face framing. Another occasion I scheduled an up-do, when the stylist didn’t like the way the curl formed she asked if she could “cut” that section of hair off. I’ve gotten mismatched/uneven color jobs over the last 4 months. I booked a massage and was not able to relax because I felt like I was being ripped off the entire time – it felt horrible – and got a manicure that didn’t last longer than a day. Shame on me for giving them so many chances. I guess I thought anyone who went to Gene Juarez was someone because we moved to Downtown Bellevue and the salon was in Bellevue but the services just don’t impress me and the customer service was satisfactory at best. When I walk in I want to be treated like a million bucks! Especially when I’m spending it! If the color and cutting excelled in every area I would continue going to them no matter what their prices or customer service was like – but as a whole (seeing upper level stylists) the experience is poor and I’ve never been impressed.

Visited January 2011
3 Thank JennsReviews
Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

For the extraordinarily high prices, you might expect great service.... well you would be disappointed. Be prepared to get bumped for "more important" clients, to have your appts messed up with barely an apology.

Bothell WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Spa services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

Gene Juarez Spa. Michelle does an excellent job with manicures and pedicures. Very gentle and she is very kind and detail oriented.