“Always excellent food and solid service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Monsoon
Ranked #25 of 538 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore
“Always excellent food and solid service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I usually go to the Monsoon on Capitol Hill but were staying on the Eastside so decided to give the Bellevue branch a try. The food was just as lovely as the food on the other side of the lake. The restaurant is right on Main and easy to find, the parking is more of a challenge. It is doable if you use the map from their website. It is in an apartment complex behind the restaurant and you have a bit of a tricky trek back to the restaurant through a courtyard and a building to get you back to Main and the restaurant. They've tried to sign it well.

We have some regulars that we get and enjoy at Monsoon. These include the claypot catfish, the stuffed squid and the hoisin ribs. This time we had the catfish and a new choice for us the lamb loin. Both were excellent. The catfish and well caramelized onions underneath them are excellent on rice. Beware of the one very spicy chilli in the pot. Usually they warn you about it but this time they didn't and my wife go zapped by it...The lamb was two good sized pieces and was cooked medium rare and very tasty.

I'm not big on desserts but my wife likes the banana cake with savory coconut sauce.

• Visited June 2014

Bellevue, Washington
“Yummy food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lots of great menu choices. We sampled quite a few dishes and they were all tasty. The duck was divine and the salads were light and tasty.

Service was good even though it was a busy Saturday night.

I highly recommend reservations on the weekend. You can make them through Open Table.

Vancouver
“Lunch was a WOW! Vietnamese.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went to Bellevue for only 1 night, and stopped in the car in the original strip "Main Street".

Walked around the 3 block area, and on a friend's dinner recommendation settled on Monsoon for lunch.

Make it short:
I am a beer guy, Micros and international and this place had only 4 taps. I would take these 4 taps over the 20 at my local:
Bitburger German Lager
Duvel Belgian Ale
Local Bellevue IPA
Rotator tap was Pfhriem Wit. Maybe the Best Wit I ever tried. It beat out Hoegarden (commercial reference for style of beer) hands down, but was also better than our local Granville Island Wit, and Driftwood White Bark from Victoria BC.

So, now to lunch - ordered Banh Mi which is basically a Vietnamese sub. This one was on baguette, with carrot, cilantro, lemongrass chicken, more and the sauce! A fried egg on top sunny side up that you break and let drip before you eat it. (Apparently the fried egg is only on weekends but I would ask for it). Unbelievable. Great service, and nice place.

Coquitlam, Canada
“Don't Wait For it to Rain in Bellevue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been twice. The first time was a cozy dinner for just my wife and me. Last weekend we dined with friends. I will be back. The food is an amazing Vietnamese / Asian fusion style of cooking which is refreshing and refreshingly different. A great assortment of flavors makes this an ideal place to share plates whether they be appetizer or entree size. I recommend going with a group of people so that all might share more and different types of cuisine.
The decor is comfortable with soft lighting and on Saturday night live (soft and suitable) music.
The neighborhood is the old Main Street which is a interesting and competitive enough to force Monsoon to keep up to a higher standard. Even with its reasonably priced liquor menu and its happy hour deals, Monsoon is a pricier establishment so it needs to set its bar high - and it does!

Calistoga, California
“Interesting Vietnamese Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have walked by Monsoon several times and was put off by their pricey menu but decided to meet some friends for happy hour. We sampled numerous dishes and their cocktails. Outstanding cocktails! The oysters were a bit milky - they came from Taylor Shellfish and since you are supposed to be able to eat oysters without problems in "R" months this was suprising. The lemongrass mignonette was excellent though I prefer the standard cocktail sauce/horseradish mix for oysters. The calamari was nothing special, but crispy. The wagyu beef wraps good, and the mussels in curry sauce outstanding. There are many interesting dishes on their menu. We will be back and Monsoon is definitely worth a visit. Service was superb!

• Visited April 2014