“Not helpful at all! And it was my fault that they weren't”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Not helpful at all! And it was my fault that they weren't”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Never go to Courtyard Marriott in Seattle/Bellevue! I made reservations for my husband and 6 U14 soccer players asking for connecting rooms. It was noted on both room reservations and when they arrived, the rooms were on completely opposite sides of the hotel. I had a mom go down and help my husband so they did finally end up with close rooms, but still not connecting. I called customer service and they said so what do you want us to do about it. Really!!?? Maybe even an apology. 13 year old boys unsupervised.....not good.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce D, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Alisha, I apologize for your experience, but I did want to inform you that you were actually staying at the Bellevue Downtown Courtyard on 8th street. We often get confused for the other Courtyard and understand how that could have happened.

We hope next time you travel to the Bellevue area again, you will choose Marriott as your hotel brand of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed for a week at this hotel. I usually stay at Residence Inn and have a great experience. My only problem with this hotel was the quality of the room, pretty old and depressing with a very old and loud A/C that makes the stay very uncomfortable.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Redlands, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel itself is nice, the rooms look lovely, the bed is comfortable and the staff treated me very nicely. The food was okay, though the selection absurdly limited and rather pricey.

Unfortunately, the room was extremely noisy, which is why I'm giving this a one star review. The person above me was up all night and their footsteps very loud--I ended up getting three hours of sleep (not an exaggeration; I looked at the clock.) I requested that my room be changed to an upstairs room for my second night. It was much better, but i could still hear doors banging shut and people talking.

Other negatives:

* There are two smoke alarms in the room. One has a pair of bright, flashing LED lights on it.

* The TV in my first room had some problems with displaying some channels with the image not aligned.

* The computers in the lobby were extremely slow to the point where they were sometimes unusable.

* The pool was extremely cold.

* My first room was very cold. Oddly, at the same temperature (according to the thermostat) my second room was very comfortable heat-wise.

* The couches in the rooms are made for looks, not comfort.

* The water pressure in the shower is very low.

* The refrigerators in the rooms seem unusually loud. They are behind a cupboard door, which helps muffle the sound.

This should have been a great hotel, but I can't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Second floor, west side on the outside, several rooms away from the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's not in downtown Seattle, but it's a fairly decent place to spend a night or two. Nothing exquisite about the place. The food was okay, the location was decent, and the staff were friendly. Most of the people I met here were traveling on business. As far as food goes, you might have to eat out because there aren't many options within the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you don't want to spend all your money staying in downtown Seattle, Bellevue is a good place to stop, especially if you're planning to check out the outlets at some point. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everyone is always very friendly. The rooms are nice and the lobby is good for getting work done or chatting with others. The food is good though there isn't a huge selection. It is close to Microsoft and very convenient for quick trips to many places to eat and shop.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had a great stay here: The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet (spotless bathroom and nice bed). The location in downtown Bellevue was convenient, and since my stay was over the weekend, I got a great rate for what was a very nice room. The staff at the front desk were all friendly; for the several different things I contacted them for during this stay, although each time I reached a different person, every one of them was extremely pleasant, helpful, and cheerfully accommodating. This would definitely be my choice of where to stay again during my future visits to this area.

Room Tip: I had an inside room (facing into the interior courtyard) which was quiet with a pleasant view of th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
#9 of 29 in Bellevue
Hampton Inn & Suites Bellevue Downtown-Seattle
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond? Share your experiences!