“Nice place in the armpit of Bellevue”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel, I never would have found it without my GPS unit. The hotel along with 2 others are hidden on a back street. The check in staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was nice, in good repair and very clean. It was VERY small though. Other than the path from bathroom to desk by window, there is no room. There's a small loveseat and two tables which take up a lot of space. As you can see in t he photos below, it does look very nice. It was so small there was no stand to put your luggage, there was a cabinet but no place to just lay your bag down and open it up. The TV said HD on every channel but there was a lot of visual static and a snowy picture. It's also mounted on the closet cabinet which is facing the love seat. NOT the bed. You can see the TV at an angle from the bed, but not a straight view. Since there is no real leg room in front of the loveseat, even with the bad channels, it wasn't worth watching. Probably the biggest issue I had with the hotel was my final customer service interaction. When I arrived back at the hotel at 10:15pm, the counter agent said there was NO place that delivered pizza, chinese food, or any food after 10pm, and tried to sell me something out of their little store. When I came to my room, I called Domino's and they said they delivered until 1am. A pizza soon arrived at my door, but was at a loss for why a hotel clerk would tell a guest flat out that NO WHERE delivers after 10pm in this part of Bellevue/Redmond. Guests should also know that this is closer to Redmond and about 4 miles ($15 cab fare) to downtown Bellevue. The bed was not really uncomfortable, but not really comfortable either. It was a nice hotel with a nice room. Unfortunately it's in a very out of the way location and the rooms are very small. This should have been a $59 per night room and was double that amount.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Bel_Red_Coordinator, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Please know that the TVs in the rooms sit on a shelf that pulls out so that you are able to watch from the bed. And while of our channels are HD channels, it is possible your TV was having difficulty receiving the signal. We are currently recalibrating our TVs to ensure this does not happen in the future. Additionally, within the next few months, we will be replacing all of the boxsprings and mattresses in our hotel so that they will be more comfortable.

I am truly sorry regarding your final customer service interaction. We typically recommend Dinner Delivery Plus for guests looking to for a delivery service and they stop taking orders at 10pm. However, you should not have been told there were no other options and our Operations Manager has scheduled some additional training for our Front Desk staff.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues are being addressed.

Thank you for staying with us and It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

- Courtyard Bellevue-Redmond Management Team

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a good option for business travelers with meetings in the Redmond area.

It has been remodeled to fit the newer Courtyard style, with the small cafe, business center and lots of open seating in the lobby--but aside from that, nothing out of the ordinary to report. Room was clean, service was friendly, Wi-Fi was free and fast enough, and the lobby provided a quiet place to work in between meetings. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Starting with check-in, every employee did everything they could do to make my stay perfect. Very nice room. Solid fitness center. Breakfast and "happy hour" service and selection were excellent. Location is a little off the beaten path (and hard to find entrance at night), but well worth the search.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Bellevue Redmond is a good option for business travellers. It is clean, and well maintained. It lacks some of the qualities of fancier hotel chains, but it is well priced. The location was very convenient for a series of meetings we had in the area, and especially convenient for people coming to see Microsoft. I simply would not stay at a budget motel. Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Bellevue Redmond is better than motels, but not in the same leage as W, Hilton, Four Seasons, etc. It was a bit jarring to see people walking right outside the window of the hotel room in the parking lot, but not a terribly big deal. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the reception desk, and if possible, not facing the parking lots.
3  Thank Traveller20203
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here recently for one night because our power was out. We had originally made arrangements to stay at the Redmond Town Center Marriott, but this was the only Marriott with an indoor pool. It ended up being a better deal as we got breakfast, two queens beds (as opposed to two doubles) and the pool for twenty dollars less than the RTC Marriott.

Rooms were clean, lobby is pretty fresh and trendy. The pool was kind of small but my kids had a blast anyway. My only complaint was that the guy taking our breakfast order was pretty slow and the staff seemed pretty oblivious to the fact the parking lot was a little treacherous with all the snow/slush. It would have been nice if the lot had been plowed or at least the sidewalks shoveled.

All that said, I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The corridors of this place can confuse the hell out of you, with no signs. I travel a ton and have never been so confused with the seemingly endless corridors going nowhere. Am at a Holiday Inn Express now in, Cody WY, not exactly a 3 or 4 star property, and the towels here are actually nice and heavy compared to the chintzy, light weight stuff that Courtyard uses. Not only were they light and rough but the wash cloth resembled tissue paper it was truly see-through.To say nothing of the lack of amenities at Courtyard, no body lotion, no body wash, just shampoo and conditioner.

Had meeting in Issiquah and always stay at Courtyards even though this one was 8 miles away so I stayed there. For $200 no way, no mo, no thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Bel_Red_Coordinator, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We do have signs located at each hallway intersection to help direct our guests, but it is possible we need to reexamine them for clarity. I am also truly sorry that the towels in your room were poor quality. I have brought the issue to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager so that she may schedule additional training with our housekeeping department to ensure quality control.

Thank you for staying with us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I came to this hotel due my power being out in Maple Valley during the snow storm. I picked it out of many Bellevue hotels due to rate and because it was a Mariott. I've stayed at Mariott's in the past and know what to expect-clean, comfortable, modern/updated and good amenties (free internet, parking) at a good rate. We enjoyed the large pool, hot tub under the glass windows (pretty view on a snowy day) and workout room. It was a bit tricky to find since the address is exactly the same as a house in the 98004 zip code and Google pointed me there first. It's a bit outside of Bellevue-it's really the border of Bellevue/Redmond (closer to Microsoft). My 13 and 2 year old had enough room to move about. I had ample space to work. It was quiet but could have been because you had to have AWD to access due to the amount of snow out front.

Room Tip: If oyu want peace and quiet, get a room away form the swimming pool. The doors slam shut.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Bellevue Downtown-Seattle
Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
#8 of 29 in Bellevue
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond? Share your experiences!